KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Another thing I've been wondering about
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I come back from somewhere my kitties are all over the place. I look around for them, some times I can't find them. Is there a way to see where they are? I am really curious as to where they GO. I know sometimes they go under the floor.

Thanks!

Lizzie
(09-19-2012 10:14 AM)Elizabeth Barrett Wrote: [ -> ]When I come back from somewhere my kitties are all over the place. I look around for them, some times I can't find them. Is there a way to see where they are? I am really curious as to where they GO. I know sometimes they go under the floor.

Thanks!

Lizzie

The easiest way is to look around for their hovertext. Kitties with walk/run on in animations will wander around within their range (be warned, though, they *can* escape their range, and it's even worse with the recent SL physics changes) and return to their home point to sleep. You can also use a phoenix/firestorm area search to find them if you wanna see where they're hiding.
I'll have to look into that search option, I never used anything like that before.

Lizzie
(09-19-2012 10:53 AM)Elizabeth Barrett Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to look into that search option, I never used anything like that before.

Lizzie

look at the top menu, in phoenix, it's under the phoenix heading, area search -- you put in a search parameter (like name - kittycats) then once you have a list of items matching that criteria, you can double-click on one of the items and it will give you a red arrow pointing to the kitty.
(09-19-2012 10:14 AM)Elizabeth Barrett Wrote: [ -> ]When I come back from somewhere my kitties are all over the place. I look around for them, some times I can't find them. Is there a way to see where they are? I am really curious as to where they GO. I know sometimes they go under the floor.

Thanks!

Lizzie

I use a KittyCats Control HUD, which I purchased at the KittyCats Main Store. It's great because it shows all the KittyCats you have inworld, and will allow you to TP them right to you, send them home, and pose them. It will even control certain features for all of them at one time, including boxes!
I do have the hud, but it just brings them back, I want to know where the heck they hide : PP

Lizzie
(09-19-2012 11:55 AM)Elizabeth Barrett Wrote: [ -> ]I do have the hud, but it just brings them back, I want to know where the heck they hide : PP

Lizzie

If you have the hud, you can click on the cat's info in the hud, it sends an info printout to local chat that includes the slurl to where they currently are. you might can use that to find them as well.
(09-19-2012 11:55 AM)Elizabeth Barrett Wrote: [ -> ]I do have the hud, but it just brings them back, I want to know where the heck they hide : PP

Lizzie

LOL I know the feeling, I like to see where they are hiding too Wink
I use the linksets tool under pathfinding in the build menu in Firestorm. I can search for the cat and then teleport to it. I frequently find them floating in mid air.
Yeah; they do like to hide but I noticed Luvr's cat; Ash and my cat; Marmers like to hide too however noticed where they generally hide. Ash has fave armchair in our living room to go under; he usually under there where as Marmers is either on floor or stairs or hiding under the stairs however having said this one day I came online; couldn't find Ash but found Marmers... so I did area search and teleported to Ash; he had gone in the river behind our house; think he wanted a swimming lesson or go fishing and he was only 5 days old at the time. No wonder Luvr calls him a lil monster, laughing though thankfully Ash not repeated that river moment but did make Luvr go WTH!?
Reference URL's