KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Mutent Kitty Images?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lately the images on my boxes are kinda strange...well really strange. lol The kitties are normal when I unpack them. But I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem or if there was an easy fix. I've tried putting in inventory taking out, cleaning cache, relogging, putting in cattery and taking out. I don't think it's me because other boxes look normal. Just some of mine look like the following picture or all blurry.

[Image: 7885189572_062e1d4899.jpg] too much inbreeding by Devilness Chant, on Flickr
Oh yes I noticed this as well!
I've seen it from the beginning. It's probably simple network lag; most likely it's due to the sheer number of textures. It seems to be worse if you're at a large marketplace area .. which goes with the idea it's lag getting the textures from Linden Labs.

Things to try:
move your avatar much closer to the box
reduce your draw distance
re-rez the box
rez the box on a different sim
wait .. it can take a long time (several minutes) but the problem usually self-correcting (if you're patient enough)
Also bear in mind that to do this for boxes, they overlap a number of image surfaces very close together.
So, it could be "Z fighting" between all those layers of images.
LOD settings can help with this, as will moving you and your camera a LOT closer to the image planes.
Sometimes, for Z-fighting, swinging the camera a little up/down/left/right can change things so they appear better.
(09-03-2012 10:50 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]... wait .. it can take a long time (several minutes) but the problem usually self-correcting (if you're patient enough)

Hmm patience I definately need to practise that Tongue
This happens on my sim as well. I use firestorm so I just right click >more>more Till I see Texture refresh and it solves it every time.
(09-03-2012 11:45 AM)Amber Gaelyth Wrote: [ -> ]This happens on my sim as well. I use firestorm so I just right click >more>more Till I see Texture refresh and it solves it every time.

Ty sooo much Amber. I did the more more and tex refresh and fixed it. Smile It was funny the first few times, but was getting really annoying.
Sorry didn't mean to be rude, blond multitasking...need I say more? lol I want to thank everyone for responding and yes patience isn't my strong suit either. lol
Oh wow that is one I haven't seen, It is scary though! glad you found a fix!
I'll have to try to remember this fix, had it happened to me as well and it's not a pretty site! Especially if it happens when you're out hitting the markets!
Reference URL's