KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: What to do with unwanted Balinese Cream Lynxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You may have heard I am selling off some of my dud balinese cream lynxes and at *relatively low* prices. I have heard there are complaints about this, so to set the record straight, here are my thoughts and why I am doing this.

First, I never thought that kittycats's intention was that a priveleged few should be allowed to monopolize special furs. If it were, I probably wouldn't play. When I found I was lucky to have the first Balinese Cream Lynx on the grid, I felt immediately that I should share it with everyone. I initially wanted to do a random raffle of one of them, so everyone would have an equal chance, but 1) LL prohibits gambling and 2) some people would obviously be able to buy more chances. So i chose an auction, set a reasonable opening bid and let the market decide what they would pay.

Second, the market will not bear prices that high forever. Now that more balinese cream lynxes are out there, the prices is going to come down - that is supply and demand. To expect prices to remain sky high for a prolonged period of time is not reasonable. I need to sell kitties to afford food and pay for rent. People will not pay 30K for a dud kitty with no traits but a fur and boring eyes or tail or ears. These are not kitties I have put alot of money or time or effort into. They will require alot of time, money, and effort by anyone that buys them to turn them intom something marketable.

Thirdly, out of consideration for those who have invested in these kitties, I've made it clear at my stall and tried to in my announcements that this is a limited time offer. I can't afford to birth all these kitties. I dont' want to menagerie them for 20L each (equivalent). I didn't want to give them away in Swappers and Givers, like I usually do, cause that would certainly not be fair. But there are a limited number of bali creams available at these prices and after Sunday they will be sent to the menagerie or put back in my cattery.

Finally, please, it's a game, I want everyone to know I *did* put some thought and consideration into this. I didn't want to upset everyone, but I should be able to sell my kitties at a price I think is fair. Being the first with a balinese cream was a big responsibility, and with two exceptions, this is the first time I've released my kitties. Other Bali cream breeders have had a two month head-start on me and anyone who buys my kitties. So let's try and have fun and share these together!

Hugs,
wyndy paine
If you think you're doing everything you can to not destroy the market, you shouldn't care what people say. At least you are aware of how your actions may or may not effect things. Frankly, the Balinese market (yes, all of them) is pretty shot for the most part, so people choosing to complain at this point are a few months too late. I don't know how much you sold your 'duds' or w/e for, but i know at least as far back as a month ago, people were selling duds of cream for 10k or cheaper.

Like I said, if you are at least aware that your actions may or may not effect the market or the community, at least you're being considerate.
You're so kind to share your wonderful fur discovered with us too! Smile Don't ever let anyone ever pressure you into setting a certain 'price' for your cats, being against an open bid, a raffle, anything your heart desires. A lot of people in this community forget that this is 100% a free market and you're entitled to do whatever you want with your kitties, whether selling them at a price that not everyone will agree with - there's no 'set' price standards, only suggestions made by community members and it's ultimately up to you to choose. As long as you're happy with the price/method of selling the kitty, that's all that matters.

People will always try to point the finger and blame someone for "crashing" the market but ultimately selling the initial kitty with the new fur/trait means that buyer is more than often a future competitor and will enhance the supply of that fur/trait in the market and prices will go down, this is natural and nothing will stop this. What happens after you sell that kitty? That buyer and you will continue to breed out that fur to sell, and those winning bidders of your fur will also more often than not sell ASAP (people trying to quickly make their money back as soon as they get an offspring with the fur in question), and they'll try to sell the duds, etcetera. Someone will always be unhappy and you can't satisfy everyone's discerning eye so you might as well set your kitties for the prices you think are reasonable, and don't -ever- let anyone bring you down.

There's also nothing wrong with sending duds to the menagerie. Sometimes the duds are what can bring down the prices of the actual fur even faster as duds aren't really that difficult to breed out and are so much more discounted than the actual fur initially, I know I'd buy a dud over the actual fur as a result. Nothing wrong with sending duds to the menagerie at all to clear space as well! Tongue

TL;DR: Don't worry about upsetting anyone! This is a free market and you are entitled to determine prices and the means of selling kitties as you wish, be happy with your choice for you can never satisfy the entire community. Heart
(08-08-2012 02:52 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote: [ -> ]There's also nothing wrong with sending duds to the menagerie. Sometimes the duds are what can bring down the prices of the actual fur even faster as duds aren't really that difficult to breed out and are so much more discounted than the actual fur initially, I know I'd buy a dud over the actual fur as a result. Nothing wrong with sending duds to the menagerie at all to clear space as well! Tongue

This.
Euhm,.. I can't judge I wasn't there and I don't want to police this either but I agree with Ethereal as long as there is some sort of conscience and community feel and consideration by decision taking this already is far more than we see happen so often.
And to be honest if I love a new fur so bad I buy it on an auction as one of the first I know for a fact I will not see my money back in one sale.
It takes time and work to make a cat cool so buying a new fur as one of the first is not like a really smart investment, if stricktly seen this way, so I wouldn't worry too much Smile
i havent heard of this, where are they being sold?
Hi Ethereal! I appreciate your support. No, I have never been one to think I was blessed by the KittyCats goddesses as one to whom free money was being gifted in the form of a new fur. I realized I was completely and totally lucky to get the Bali cream fur and am looking for the best and most fair way to distribute these cuties to people who, like me, would not be able to afford them at auction or at a stall where they've already been loaded up with traits. I want lots of people to have the same experience I did, having fun. In consideration of those who are investing, and not because I have to, I thought it would be best to make this a one time, limited offer. And no, deery, I don't mind sending cats to the menagerie, especially when it means I can use the money for kibble or save up for cute tiger kitties :-), but I'd hate to think that is my only option because some people think I am not playing the game right, or rather playing it according to their rules.

thanks for the replies everyone!
wyndy :-)
Hi Ethereal! I appreciate your support. No, I have never been one to think I was blessed by the KittyCats goddesses as one to whom free money was being gifted in the form of a new fur. I realized I was completely and totally lucky to get the Bali cream fur and am looking for the best and most fair way to distribute these cuties to people who, like me, would not be able to afford them at auction or at a stall where they've already been loaded up with traits. I want lots of people to have the same experience I did, having fun. In consideration of those who are investing, and not because I have to, I thought it would be best to make this a one time, limited offer. And no, deery, I don't mind sending cats to the menagerie, especially when it means I can use the money for kibble or save up for cute tiger kitties :-), but I'd hate to think that is my only option because some people think I am not playing the game right, or rather playing it according to their rules.

thanks for the replies everyone!
wyndy :-)
I think as long as you are thinking it through, I think that is what counts and it isn't like you are selling them for pennies either.
What to do with unwanted Balinese Cream Lynxes?
You have your vision, you take his ways to sell your kittycats in special this fur* (you need pay food und rent)* and sharing with the community too(fun)*.

I hope for good of community don´t breed some new fur, because OMG loool^^ , I am sure, If happens me it........ when I´ll put out in the market is because come very high score(traits, hidde or Bg), because I need that my potential kitties show me + ^^
"There are some things money can't buy" ........time for breeding or menagerie^^
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's