KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: I need a Brazilian looking cat, any suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm creating a Brazilian character for some kind of roleplay on an alt, and I need to get her a pet, thought of cats, googled and found a Brazilian Shorthair only.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_S...Appearance

Quote:Appearance
Medium-sized and muscular body, yet elegant. Tail should not be broad at base, and should slightly taper in the tip. Brazilian Shorthair cats have a slightly curved profile and large, pointed ears, and large, rounded eyes with colour that resembles the coat colour. The coat is short, with no undercoat, silky and glossy. Almost all colours are accepted.

[Image: Gato_pelo_curto_brasileiro.JPG]

Anyone can help me picking the traits to match this or any other Brazilian breed?

I say Mysterious ears and Frisky Tail, for eyes I think curious with small pupil and color depends on the coat which I can't decide, maybe a blue/white tabby? any suggestions for the coat or any of the traits are appreciated

I'd say no shade but it is gonna be a witch pet Big Grin so maybe it is better to glow Wink

Thank you!
I agree on the ears and tail and I think the pupil could be big or small as long as the shape stays curious.

Caramel would be a nice eye colour I think -or, if you want it more "witchy", Fire. I'd go with Flair shade. It'll give the kitty a nice glossy, silky look without glowing. In one of the pages I read it says the eye colour usually matches the coat, though.

The Brazilian cat is the result of many non-pure breed kitty pairings, so lots of coats are possible. Blue Tabby and Blue and White Tabby would indeed work, probably Cream Tabby as well. I think most of the Chateau would go well, especially the ones that look like a they're wearing a tux, like Tawny&White,Silver&White or Pink&White (some platinum or pink ice/gerbera pink for the latter would be really something, if your character would take a pink cat Big Grin). Either of the Domino variations would look good too in my opinion.

If you go with a darker coat, Illume would look really good too.

I hope this helps. Please share a picture of your witch pet kitty when you have it!!!!!!
(07-28-2012 04:07 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote: [ -> ]I agree on the ears and tail and I think the pupil could be big or small as long as the shape stays curious.

Caramel would be a nice eye colour I think -or, if you want it more "witchy", Fire. I'd go with Flair shade. It'll give the kitty a nice glossy, silky look without glowing. In one of the pages I read it says the eye colour usually matches the coat, though.

The Brazilian cat is the result of many non-pure breed kitty pairings, so lots of coats are possible. Blue Tabby and Blue and White Tabby would indeed work, probably Cream Tabby as well. I think most of the Chateau would go well, especially the ones that look like a they're wearing a tux, like Tawny&White,Silver&White or Pink&White (some platinum or pink ice/gerbera pink for the latter would be really something, if your character would take a pink cat Big Grin). Either of the Domino variations would look good too in my opinion.

If you go with a darker coat, Illume would look really good too.

I hope this helps. Please share a picture of your witch pet kitty when you have it!!!!!!

Thank you I love your suggestions! especially the eyes Big Grin. I will think about the chateaus as well as the Tabbies, I think the whiskers won't matter much and the shade will depend on what I find in the markets.

Of course I will share her pictures! really thank you for taking the time to think about it and suggest Heart
My pleasure! :Heart:
I refuse to believe I am the only member of this forum who read 'Brazilian cat' and immediately thought of a bald cat, with a furry stripe....

Ahem.

I'll get my coat! LOL Smile)
(07-29-2012 11:07 AM)Kitty Otoole Wrote: [ -> ]I refuse to believe I am the only member of this forum who read 'Brazilian cat' and immediately thought of a bald cat, with a furry stripe....

Ahem.

LOOL *raises hand* Big Grin
Such a precious looking cat on that photo!
Le Tigre Amber eyes was the first thing I thought when I saw this picture.
I have no clue though if they are available on regular breds yet, I know the Jade is found.
(07-29-2012 11:07 AM)Kitty Otoole Wrote: [ -> ]I refuse to believe I am the only member of this forum who read 'Brazilian cat' and immediately thought of a bald cat, with a furry stripe....

Ahem.

LOL
(07-29-2012 12:56 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote: [ -> ]Such a precious looking cat on that photo!
Le Tigre Amber eyes was the first thing I thought when I saw this picture.
I have no clue though if they are available on regular breds yet, I know the Jade is found.

I don't have tigers yet, but will look for the eyes and check them Smile.

Ahem.

LMAO!! OMG you are terrible but that's why we love you <3
Reference URL's