KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: I feel like a chinese dictator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the gender issue has been addressed a few times, but after birthing 9 females and 2 boys again, I am about to choke on my anger. I always noticed a tendency that I get more girls than boys, but not at the ratio it seems to be the rule now. I have shorter streaks of boy overload in between, that levels out the generell situation out to some degree but usually these retire in the middle of a female only streak. Which leaves me with a vast female overhang.

Meaning I have to take perfect females out of breeding way too early and thus have to deal with the males as the weaker part in almost every pairing. And the smaller my cattery gets, the more pressing becomes this issue. I am breeding my own projects so buying males is no option.

So, after birthing 7 too many females in a situation with too many females anyway, I ponder on which females to take out, and that bugs me more and more. I know they are virtual pets but they do feel like pets in some ways. I do not like to treat even virtual ones with so lil respect due to a situation that should not be like it is - statistically.

I know there is some messianic update "to solve the gender issue without telling if a box is male or female" pending, but right now I am really really annoyed.
*chuckles* I laugh not at you, Mal, but at this issue in general, because every time I see it pop up on the forums I happily chime in with my sympathies and a response. I am afraid to birth boxes for most of my project lines because I know I will get the wrong gender. It just flat pisses me off. What the heck am I supposed to do with those cats? I am *not* going to sell them, because they are smack in the middle of a project, so there is no point in putting a half-finished line on the market. And while they have heaps of potential in them, I can't use them! So what do I do? Waste it in the menagerie for a measly 50K$ when it could have produced an epic line of kitties if it had been the right gender?

EVERY serious breeder goes through this on a regular basis. Its absolutely beyond maddening. I have just flat stopped working on a few lines because of the lack of the correct gender. KittyCats will never give us gender on boxes, I am sure of it, but I have not the faintest idea what they have in mind that could even come close to a substitute for it. I pray its *not* a gender change potion, because no matter how you look at that, its going to completely screw up the market and breeding process.

Right now we have to wait and see. In the meantime, I completely 100% share your frustration.
I agree.. that is why I have a circus cannon so I can shoot myself or something else across the sim to let off some steam. I had a day yesterday where I had 4 girls to my two boys. And yes I am playing the game of who is going where who am I selling who am I sending in and who is going where. I still have one extra female so we will see how it goes.. who knows she might go to auction.
I hear you.... I've bred quite a bunch of 9 traiters recently and wanted to unpack a few to trait my other cats....

I had to open 8 boxes to get one boy. Confused

So now I have 7 lovely 9 traited girls and nothing much to breed them too, because I've been unpacking almost all girls lately anyway. It's driving me crazy!!
Oh I have the same problem here, since i learned more about Kittycats and started lines I get females from the same line for many weeks till i finally get a male, and it pisses me off, sometimes i get males when I need a female but that's rare.

if you look at the total number you will see it almost even but that's because I had to get rid of many females by selling or menagering, plus that I get way more females in certain lines which is very frustrating Sad.

but I think if gender was on boxes it would get so easier and we would get less excited about our lines, so I want it and I don't at the same time, but I know it won't happen anywayHuh
I love how this post is called: I feel like a chinese dictator
That sure catched my eyes LOL
I hope they come with a solution soon indeed Smile
You have my sympathies as well as complete agreement! I'm one of those who tends to birth a high ratio of males to females and have been since I first started with kittycats. When I first started, it was truly insane, if i birthed a box, it was practically guaranteed to be a boy. Now I do get a better mix, but still weighted toward boys. The only time I seem to have more girls is when a bunch of my boys age out.

Nyn posted what she did before we birthed 5 last night in a joint project, and got four boys and one girl LOL. Of course the girl was one she birthed. The only girl that I birthed yesterday was one I was putting up for a raffle (of course, right?).

It's insanely frustrating when the cat you need is the wrong sex time and again. I wasted 2-3 months on working on building 9T Aby Lilacs and had to give it up because every 'better' OS i wanted to birth to continue with was a boy. So I finally kept the nicest boxes and menageried the lives. Maybe I'll pick it up again, maybe I won't. But that's not the first time it's happened that I had to totally give up on a line, and I doubt it will be the last.

I don't know what this "new release" that they spoke of elsewhere will have that will obviate the need for sex on boxes, but I wish they'd bring it out now, not later, before too many reach a level of frustration to the point they toss it all over.

One thing that I've found that helps. If you have a friend that has the opposite sex problem, joint projects can really be awesome.
And yes, I about hit the ceiling last night when we birthed 6 boxes and 5 of them were males. The last boy was named "Another Weenis", I was so ticked off. It was a work of extreme art to find a way to rotate and work them into our project... and work old ones out again. Its just damn near impossible to breed up that line when we have nothing but males. <end rant>
I agree for line breeding this can be só frustrating.
I'm always scared a precious line ends due to this.
I'm very happy a solution is to come and I'm very curious what it will be Smile
Reference URL's