KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: My new baby and how I got her :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=434]

I've had a few ppl jokingly call me basically a kc fave for getting the lilac linx and now the flame linx. lol Just ask a csr what a pain in the butt I can be and you may find out different. hehehe (right Eq) Hugzzzzz

I've been breeding for over a year now, and I used to think the same thing when I saw the same ppl and their friends getting all the good stuff.
But I have to say now that is not true. Not because I got some goodies, but because I learned how to breed them out.
Maybe some breeders kept the ways to their success to themselves...or maybe no one asked them the right questions. For me I want ppl to know how to get what they want.
Part is getting the lucky starters that hide the goodies. I go threw a dozen starters just for the furs not the traits. If I pull a dom fur I ask around to see if anyone wants it for the traits and off to the next starter I go.
You don't have to buy the expensive starters to find traits unless they are new and only out in a certain starter. Ask a csr, they are most helpful and will tell you if it's in the store starters.
Next I have always loved using bengal snows. They are great for pulling furs and great for putting traits into your desired furs.
Now that they are retired if a starter throws a snow back you know you have a newer fur that is more recessive than a snow.
When the starter throws back a bengal snow you can breed it back to the starter if it's the right sex to pull the hidden fur. You can also breed two os siblings to get the hidden fur and it works much better if they are os of the starter. They may only throw one their whole breeding lives, but that one is golden. Hang in there and just keep trying.
I've had starters that kept throwing gen furs a number of times and finally threw something like a siam seal.
Just like breeding the other traits it can take a lot of patience. (and the nervous tick you develop may last a while) But hang in there. It's really worth it when it works out. Smile
I am VERY happy for you Dev, but you have been damn lucky. I basically do the same, try some starters, check for fur 1st then for everything that might look interesting. All I got so far was one starter with any newer/recessive fur: the Aby BS from a snow queen (remember that fur came with the Halloweens). I am not complaining - but I think you make it sound too simple XD. The chance of getting a certain breed it at best the /number of breeds available -1/:1 (that is if all breeds are given out with the same odds)
I thought of getting sarter after starter on a regular basis, but just cant afford it any more (insert whine about market here)
But again, congrats and good luck she gives you some more wonderful traits!
Congratulations:-)
And I do it the same way as you do, I breed starters all the time to see if I'm lucky.
In my cattery, certainly with all these new furs, I have always a couple of starters.
And yes HI5 on the retirement of the Bengal Snow because it starts to be interesting when they throw the Bengal Smile
I hope KC will retire Rainbow eyes, curious tail, rounded ears and mysterious white whiskers as well:-)
I absolutely don't believe KC would favor anybody indeed there is way to much at stake to do such even if they wanted this which I don't believe either.
I'm just very happy for you!
I'm confused on the point of this post? Are you showing people how to breed or showing everyone what you managed to get from breeding?
I'm not bragging at all. And yes it's luck to get the starter that has the good stuff. I agree to all that.
1) I just want to make the point that I did not get the linx's because I'm a favorite.

2) I want to help new breeders and ppl that don't know how to pull a fur out. I didn't know for months and was trashing what could have been great starters in total frustration because I had no idea what I was doing.

I would love to see everyone get their dream kitties and if I can give info to help them do that than I am more than happy to share what little I know and what I have learned from others.

I did not mean to offend anyone, if I have I apologize. And I thank everyone for their congrats Smile
And Mal and Kay I've always drooled over your kitties. You've always had amazing kitties! And yes those would be the perfect traits to retire.
Congrats Devil, i think you went a long time without much luck so it's great when your turn comes. Thanks for sharing and don't worry i think most of us took your post the way you intended it Smile

Just one thing :
[attachment=435]

Wink
Oh, no, by all means, congratulations! I was just confused, as if that picture didn't exist, this post would 100% be about breeding, and belong in the breeding forum, hence my confusion.

Difference of opinion = trolling?

*edited for <3
congrats!!! awesome kitteh!
Such a beautiful baby Dev!!!!!!!! Congrats and thank you for the tips! =^.^=
Reference URL's