KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Hold and Cuddle animation ending after sit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Smile

Not sure this is the right section to post this but I've noticed that (my) cuddling and holding animations get overridden by all sit animations and by dropping one of the kitties.

I like to take my kitties with me to visit friends ,etc . I end up standing or sitting on the ground with the default ground sit.

I was wondering if it would be possible to prevent this from happening in the future please?

Thank you for reading this
Bea
I second this!
I noticed and perhaps this is not to avoid but the arm movements of most AO's are stronger while walking than the hold or cuddle pose of the arms.
It seems a priority matter as for the animation the higher the priority of the animation the more likely it will be stronger than most AO's and sit animations.
I'm not sure but I believe AO's use a priority 3 animation and so do most furniture makers and priorities can go up to 4 as I recall and I even believe there is a work around to make it possible to upload stronger animations by changing a string in the XML documentation of viewers it worked for me one time in Imprudence when I made an ankle lock for shoes.

EDIT

I found the info on how to allow the viewer to upload stronger animations than default I hope SL didn't fix this gap.
Edit SecondLife/skins/default/xui/en-us/floater_animation_preview.xml
Look for a spinner with label="Priority" and change max_val="4" to max_val="6"
I believe 6 is the highest priority currently supported eventhough I changed it to 12 one time but I'm not sure if this effectively made it stronger.
A restart of the viewer is needed after changing this in XML.
As for the animation to stop when one dropped a kitty or after sitting I think this is a script matter as for how frequently the pose is checked to be active.
I have one stand in my AO that does this luckily the rest don't but it makes me sad.
(05-13-2012 04:17 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote: [ -> ]I have one stand in my AO that does this luckily the rest don't but it makes me sad.

I turn off my AO when holding or cuddling and I feel fine. The biggest problem is when sitting on something -whether it has an animation or not. Kitties hang limp on one of my arms, and remain so after standing up. I know dropping one and picking them back up will solve it, but I'm not sure whether that will change their home position if I'm not home.
(05-13-2012 04:23 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2012 04:17 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote: [ -> ]I have one stand in my AO that does this luckily the rest don't but it makes me sad.

I turn off my AO when holding or cuddling and I feel fine. The biggest problem is when sitting on something -whether it has an animation or not. Kitties hang limp on one of my arms, and remain so after standing up. I know dropping one and picking them back up will solve it, but I'm not sure whether that will change their home position if I'm not home.

I think indeed this would change their home position.
Reference URL's