KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Kitty of the Month posting Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to love to participate in the Kitty of the Month EVERY month and spent a lot of time trying to make all the traits required to win a gem and the pride of being successful in that accomplishment.
Today, we got the kitty of the month posting on the 22nd of the month and I'm sorry but this is NOT enough time to find boxed cats in my inventory, birth them and wait 2 weeks to make the first box toward the goal. Without the exact Traits in my cattery, it takes several weeks to make more boxes and blend those traits to hope for a "win". It is not possible to make the cat without enough BIRTHING time for a boxed cat then to blend the traits. This is a special contest that brings about fun and challenge and the timing is not helpful when we are not given allowance for birthing boxes. Handing out this kitty on the 22nd of August would require LIVE cats already breeding in order to attempt this challenge.
I suggest that instead of the announcement being late and what seems an afterthought for a special challenge which should be a fun event, that a group of "Kitty of The Month" cats are preselected far in advance .. say a list of perhaps 6 months worth to be chosen and all is necessary is to post, rather than have to take time to plan and think about what to choose for this or the following month. When time is short and there are many things that require attention and planning, Gathering a PRE-designated list that just needs posting on time would be indeed helpful for those of us who enjoy this challenge. I pose to you that we are not given consideration of enough time to unbox several cats with mixed traits which need 14 days to birth and puts us already behind at least 5 days into the month we are challenged to meet.
Thank you for listening and hopefully, we have a solution to getting this challenge on track in a timely fashion. Otherwise, I believe it is not worth rearranging our entire catteries and messing up traits for other line breeding which will not produce the target before the end of the time allowed.
Hi there.

We try to get the KoM announced at least 2 weeks before the end of the month, but sometimes things out of our control do get in the way and we apologize for that.

Each month we take a look at what sorts of cats are listed for sale and the types of traits people share. This gives us a better idea of what sort of traits people have easier access to and/or are currently breeding so we can create a KoM that everyone can participate in easily.

This upcoming September KoM we tried to pick a cat on the easier side to breed since the announcement was a few days late. We have also already announced the upcoming October KoM so everyone has over a month prior notice to work on finding / breeding the perfect pair to work with.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you continue to enjoy participating in the KoM contest and wish you the best of luck in the upcoming Sept and Oct contests!

If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact me or send me a note card in world anytime Smile
-FoxieCat
Reference URL's