KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Proposal for a KittyCats Adoption Agency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Proposal: Second Kitty Adoption Agency

Who: The agency will be run by Portia Desjardins, an admitted KittyCats addict and crazy cat woman.

What: An adoption service within Second Life for KittyCats that need to find good, caring families.

Where: An established sim frequented by people that love their cats.

How: A home office as well as a dedicated flickr account to showcase lovely kitties and their personalities. Daily/weekly updates on the KittyCats forums. A small adoption fee (~the cost of a new KittyCat from the mainstore) will cover the cost of food, milk, and tier. As this is a not-for-profit service, extra proceeds will be given to charity. Donations will be accepted and used appropriately.

Why: Now that the first month of the KittyCats craze has ended, it's become apparent that this widespread addiction to adorable cats will only increase with time. It's all but impossible to turn off breeding without thinking "what if I try once more?" and the result is a flood of non-traited and sadly less desirable kittens. Owners with limited resources may feel inclined to leave these kittens in their boxes to save prims or even leave them in their inventories to avoid the cost of providing food and milk. The Second Kitty Adoption Agency will provide an alternative to all of this, allowing cats to be birthed, fed, and cuddled on a daily basis while they wait for their new families to come and find them.

Added benefits to the KittyCats community should not be overlooked:

- Second Life residents who are not certain whether they would like to invest in KittyCats will have the option of 'rescuing' a transferrable cat from the agency for a fee similar to the cost of a starter cat; if they change their mind, it will be possible to return these cats or pass them to friends rather than delete or leave them in inventory folders.

- Smaller private breeders will have the option of putting their non-breeding kitties up for adoption, no hassle and no questions asked.

- KittyCats owners with an abundance of male or female pets will be able to trade and form breeding pairs with minimal cost and effort.

This is what I have so far and I would love to hear some input from this community in particular. Heart
I think this is a GREAT idea!
Sounds like awesome idea, i see boxes all ove the place, hat people have picked throuht. I do think however there maybe deserving epoplewith les disposible income, but a donation is not a bad thing to ask to show good intent, etc. If this does end up happening i will personally send a box or two
Well, we have some exciting news!

This adoption service is officially off the ground! Elif Kling was kind enough to clear some space in the KittyCats Café for a home location and I was up much too late last night decorating and making things pretty for our first adoptees. Smile

As I am crazy, crazy busy for the next few days I won't have things up and running as quickly as I'd like -however- anyone with an interest in donating a kitty is welcome to drop me a NC. Same goes for questions, comments, and concerns.

Please come visit us at: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rh...159/100/21

Quote:Sounds like awesome idea, i see boxes all ove the place, hat people have picked throuht. I do think however there maybe deserving epoplewith les disposible income, but a donation is not a bad thing to ask to show good intent, etc. If this does end up happening i will personally send a box or two

Unopened kitten boxes make me sad, Nemi, and this probably more than anything else is what convinced me that an adoption service needs to be available. I know what it's like to be strapped for cash in SL so I'm not going to ask for much. My concern is that charging considerably less than the price of a starter cat (about $1.50 USD) will make it even harder for private breeders to make their lindens by selling cats with one or two traits while larger sellers will make at least as much money selling rare cats as they are now. The last thing I want to do is create animosity in the KC community; undercutting the mainstore prices, even for a good cause, and decreasing the market value of adorable genesis cats (the ones I'm trying to help) would certainly do that.

Thank you, Roewan and Nemi, for your kind words. <3 I'm so excited to get this underway that I can hardly bring myself to go to sleep tonight.
Reference URL's