KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Beeding behaviour changed after update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to know if you have had similar experiences after the update. That your cats just seem like on trait strike. I wonder if the breeding behaviour was changed with the update.

Here is my sad story:
After the last update, I have had the worst 10 days in my breeding life. The first week ever I havent opened one single box. The cats keep throwing minimal boxes, like none sent out one hidden trait - with very few exceptions where I got one or two traits shown in one but not the other parent. Some of the cats made their second box now and I cannot see any improvement. I recall them being a bit weird after every update but after a few days they came back to their normal behaviour. I even took them back from the cattery to see if this might be the cause, but they performed just as poorly.
First of all, sorry to hear your cats didn't give you what you hoped for.
My experience is not like yours though, I have seen no inconsistancy regarding the breeding of my cats.
So perhaps, as we all have these times the cats just refuse to do what we planned for them, in your case this came together with the update.
Mine throw hidden traits just fine these days - in a rate that is a bit better than the percentage-wise chances, even - so I am not complaining about that.

My issue is genders, where my luck these days is so extremely bad that I've been on the edge of giving up all together. As in, completely. One evening when unboxing a kitten, I told a friend "If this one is the wrong gender too, I swear I send them all to menagerie!" - and what's worse, I actually meant it Tongue (THAT one was then the right gender, and hence bought it's family and friends some time!)

However, I do not think this is a change in breeding behaviour, not in traits and not in genders - I just think Lady Luck (or whatever the "Force of Luck" is) enjoys playing games with us at times ;-)
-But yes, I understand your frustration - been there, am there, will be there again - it's the story of out lives as breeders of SL breedables ;-)
It could be just luck of the draw for all I know, but both my partner and I have had nothing but females lately...

Anyone else seeing this?
It could be just luck of the draw for all I know, but both my partner and I have had nothing but females lately...

Anyone else seeing this?
I noticed some oddities after every update, sometimes pleasant ones like suddenly a lot of pairs, who never had done, started throwing shades. But I would not have posted this question if these 2 weeks after the update hadnt been beyond statistics. Like EVERY pair giving me minimal cats (I wouldnt even have been surprised if they started regressing traitwise).
Things are back to almost normal now besides the genesis traits seem a lot more stubborn now.
And to the gender jinx: I seem to get more females for some now the ratio is about 70/30. 2 Months ago, it was the other way round. Ususally the pendulum swings for me when I just got even in the ratio Big Grin
I have not noticed any irregularities as you describe. But I have had weeks when nothing works, I think you are probarbly just experiencing a cold streak.
Still, I am pretty sure that updates influence the breeding behaviour. I am quite scientific with my breeding, but there are sure some things, that are beyond Mendel and stats. I know those bad weeks, too, but there has never been a phase in my cattery like after the last update. But good to know that it doesn't seem to have the same effect in most other catteries - though of course it feeds my paranoia Smile
Reference URL's