KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Request: Cat Ownership history.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would love to see my entire history of cat ownership. Maybe even to the extent of who owns one of my kittens I bread and how many generations resulted from my kitten I sold. Even better I would LOVE to see my first kitten I ever owned again. It has been so long I begin to forget my old kittens names. I might even pay to a premium to return a kitten from kitty heaven to Perma Pet if such a thing was offered.

Just an idea but one I think might be possible with a DB guru with access to old databases.
I'd guess it's unlikely the ownership history would exist; most likely, only the breeder and current owner are recorded.

You can see some of the parantage and offspring. Seeing the entirety, however, while quite possible, would quickly become unmanagebly large. And that's not even considering the privacy concerns.
(03-13-2021 05:05 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]I'd guess it's unlikely the ownership history would exist; most likely, only the breeder and current owner are recorded.

You can see some of the parantage and offspring. Seeing the entirety, however, while quite possible, would quickly become unmanagebly large. And that's not even considering the privacy concerns.

I suspect they have been very careful about making periodic backups. So a DB guru can use access to those older DBs to come up with a history.
I suspect you're wrong. Their hosting provider probably does but getting them to reload even one would be a major hassle. Even then, you'd probably only find you can only go back a short while (a week, maybe a month). And, if you did load backups, your dataset would be so incomplete it'd be unusable for any meaningful analysis.

To get the data you want, you'd need to have the feature designed into the database from the very beginning. It's possible, but I'd say the chances he did that are a VERY good aproximation of zero.
Reference URL's