KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Grey Tipped White Whiskers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone have any info on these whiskers, and where they might be placed? They don't seem to be on the dominance charts yet, and I can't find any details on them in the forums anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Smile

[Image: ILOQy1V]

https://imgur.com/a/ILOQy1V
Grey Tipped White whiskers are placed. They are the next-to the-most-recessive whisker on the grid.
Their thread may be found here.
Hi, Ivy

Thanks so much for your reply. That thread seems to be for White Tipped Grey, and I seem to have gotten the opposite mix - Grey Tipped White. Do you know if that one has been placed yet?

Thanks. Smile
Reposting the image inline

[Image: dfa2ecce4187be60ffec159995ef4719.png]

Grey Tipped White is indeed a new colour the previous one was white tipped grey, this is going to be very confusing
Congratulations Rose!
This is going to keep auctioneers and pedigree watchers on their toes. But it will be a very useful neutral whisker.
Congratulations Rose <3
Congrats! Since you now have a "pure" baby that will pass the new whisker 100% of the time, I would throw it up against the most recessive whisker and go from there Smile You have a headstart on placement!
Congratulations!! And YAY! This is going to be a lovely whisker to weave into our beautiful kitties!
Congratulations on the new whisker find.

I'm wondering if this is going to turn out to be a new most recessive whisker colour?

It's a back breed on the starter and considering the number of starters I've had that have thrown back GTB and that last night I thought, well, no one has found a new most recessive, surely they would have by now, I think I'm going to give up on testing for it.... Sod's Law - it has to be. :-)
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I tried putting this with Gray Tipped Black, and it seems that Grey Tipped White is recessive to Gray Tipped Black.

[attachment=5240]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's