KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: A Hat for a Cat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just had a Megapuss born -- my third! I was so thrilled -- and his name is Raydon -- how cool is that!

So I wondered about putting a hat on him that had a bolt of lightning -- his name means lightning in Japanese (Raiden).

Then I realized you can't just put things on the kitties -- maybe people who make hats are especially licensed? I don't even know whether they use sculpties or mesh or what.

I also heard that once you put a hat on a cat, you can't take it off.

So my question is whether I could take a bolt of lightning I have, a scripted prim with particles, attach it to some cap, and get it on the cap. I gather this isn't possible, and someone would have to make a cap like this especially?
Congrats on your megapuss Raydon!

The caps do have to be specially made, but here's the good news: there's a cap kit that you can buy at the KittyCats store to make your own. I think you can only add a texture to it, though, not a particle emitter.

You can "hide" a hat on a cat without destroying it, but the only way to remove the hat permanently is to use the little scissors gizmo that is available free in the store, which destroys the hat. You can't transfer the hat from one cat to another.

(05-02-2019 10:36 PM)Prokofy Neva Wrote: [ -> ]I just had a Megapuss born -- my third! I was so thrilled -- and his name is Raydon -- how cool is that!

So I wondered about putting a hat on him that had a bolt of lightning -- his name means lightning in Japanese (Raiden).

Then I realized you can't just put things on the kitties -- maybe people who make hats are especially licensed? I don't even know whether they use sculpties or mesh or what.

I also heard that once you put a hat on a cat, you can't take it off.

So my question is whether I could take a bolt of lightning I have, a scripted prim with particles, attach it to some cap, and get it on the cap. I gather this isn't possible, and someone would have to make a cap like this especially?
Reference URL's