KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: New Eye FlowerChild Groovy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
FlowerChild Groovy Is Recessive to Tapestry Allure

[Image: 14e8a9980d5157f3dc1ab2c15c374364.png]
Hi Chloe,
For this to be a complete proof we have to see the 8th Birthday boy actually throwing the Groovy eye.
If you could post that also then yes, that would be wonderful. I looked earlier in the thread for such a pedigree, but I don't see one. I apologize if I've missed it.
thanks
Congrats on getting the eye twice, I too had a look back and could only see it being pulled from a SweetCat.
As Requested Smile

[Image: 6e47b23f31cb65a12f67c30798a24147.png]

[Image: 7b5aff3409a42019cfb685eee6b1e163.png]
FlowerChild Groovy Dominate to Destiny Skyline

[Image: 80b9884da84a14d67f0e3dcaaaec2e5e.png]

[Image: cb59d6f60320cea48e569378c6d6a131.png]
Okay wow. Thank you Cloe!
Cloe discovered the Groovy eye and now she puts it on the charts with proofs for both a top and bottom of the range.
First proof: FlowerChild Groovy is Recessive to Tapestry Allure.
In post #11 of this thread, Cloe showed her 8th Birthday starters mating, on of whom is marked as hiding the Groovy eye. The offspring kitten shows Tapestry Allure.
As we know, starters can throw either a genesis eye or their hidden traited eye. The fact that we are seeing the Tapestry Allure means that neither cat threw their genesis (or we’d see That). So the Tapestry Allure eye must be covering a traited eye which is more recessive.
We asked Cloe to provide visual proof for the public record of her FlowerChild Groovy 8th Birthday cat actually throwing the Groovy, to demonstrate that it does indeed hide the Groovy. Here she has done that.
The first picture shows all of FlowerChild Groovy’s offspring (thus far) which includes the Tapestry Allure cat shown in #11 and also a GenMocha II which shows the Groovy eye - ie, both kittens came from the same cat. To be even more specific, she shows the specific throw that produced the NEW EYE FlowerChild, being pulled by a Moo Kitty with Seren Stare eyes hiding Soul Whisper or better.

Therefore Tapestry Allure is dominant to FlowerChild Groovy.

—————————————————————
The next proof is a bit more tricky. FlowerChild Groovy is dominant to Destiny Skyline.

In the first pedigree a Ginger II simply named “Groovy” who shows the FlowerChild Groovy eye mates with Colleem who shows Exotic Journey and hides something more recessive (we see more in the next pedigree). They have an offspring Rickward who shows mom’s Exotic Journey eye. (By the bye, one can’t assume automatically that the ExJourney comes from her - what if Groovy were hiding it? That’s not the case here but we always do have to consider that the obvious thrower isn’t always the one who did the throwing.)

Cloe then tests the hidden on Rickward to see if his Exotic Journey hides the FlowerChild Groovy. The puller is 9T(MMagic) showing Galaxy Star and hiding Marble Magic or better.
A bit of thread history… when Cloe discovered the eye way back in post #1, she originally pulled the eye with a Destiny Skyline cat. So I think she was pretty sure it was dominant to Destiny Skyline, but we didn’t know if the line was pure. So for her to do pulling with the GalStar/MMarble cat was a fine idea. 9T(MMagic) pulls the hidden on Rickward which is the Destiny Skyline.

How did the Destiny Skyline get to be Rickward’s hidden?
Answer is made clear with the next pedigree. It was hidden under Groovy’s FC Groovy eye, in that first breed when she discovered the eye in the starter. We can see from this second pedigree that it cannot have been hiding under Colleem’s Exotic Journey.. as she must hide Soul Whisper or better.

Therefore, Groovy’s FlowerChild Groovy eye had to be the eye hiding the Destiny Skyline.
Ergo, FlowerChild Groovy is dominant to Destiny Skyline.

If anybody sees any flaws in this logic.. let me know.
I agree.

8th Birthday does indeed hide Flowerchild Groovy proving the previous post of recessive to Tapestry Allure.

Rickward hides Destiny Skyline pulled by the more recessive Galaxy Star, he has to have gotten this from his Father Groovy as he shows his mothers Exotic Journey, therefore Groovy hides Destiny Skyline and shows Flowerchild Groovy making Flowerchild Groovy dominant to Destiny Skyline and we do indeed have a range of Recessive to Tapesry Allure and Dominant to Destiny Skyline.

Congrats Cloe on getting those proofs Smile
But Chloe, we don't know if the Groovy pulled the Burst or the Soul Whisper did.

Edited to add: the post I was replying to has been deleted.
(05-01-2019 10:22 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote: [ -> ]But Chloe, we don't know if the Groovy pulled the Burst or the Soul Whisper did.

Dang I forgot soul was even in the pedi ugh backs it up
Recessive to Ody Kaleidoscope

Thank you Sannie for loaning me the girl for the eye test!
reposting inline for Shannon

[Image: 51e303b6824aa1134f3d75cb15325ada.png]

Nice clear proof showing the FlowerChild Groovy pulled from under the Odyssey Kaleioscope by the known recessive Marble Magic
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's