KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Why do these cats look different?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Other than their ears, these cats should be identical. So why do they look completely different colors? Huh[attachment=4704]
Hi Shannon. I'm not sure of the exact cause - possibly the combo of traits on the cat on the left - but will forward this to our scripter so he can look into it at some point. Thanks!
(03-17-2018 08:22 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Shannon. I'm not sure of the exact cause - possibly the combo of traits on the cat on the left - but will forward this to our scripter so he can look into it at some point. Thanks!

Thanks for responding! Heart
Wild-ass guess: Somehow the "shadow" layer ended up atop the Russian White fur instead of below it.

I'd start by rebooting the computer and checking the cats again. That probably will solve it.

Otherwise, check for software updates, and try a different browser (if you have one already).

You could also try cycling the cats in-world and back into your Cattery. (I'd be amazed if that fixes it, but it's worth a shot.)

Beyond that, file a ticket .
I don't understand why people are scratching their heads.
This has been true for as long as I've been breeding. Some ears create dark photos as (MOF and Foxie) and some ears create bright photos (Soft Curl, Scotty and some others) and some ears are neutral. It is true for all the photos generated on all the boxes. Has always been true.

I actually really wish they would fix this because I think it depresses sales on MOF and Foxie ears.
You're quite correct. I never noticed before that, sure enough, the fur/ear layer is baked wrong.
"I don't understand why people are scratching their heads."

Not that I need to justify why I'm not as smart as you, but here goes: I mostly have black cats. This is my first time having white ones where the shadows are more obvious.
Shannon, I think you misunderstood my intent.
I'm not wondering why you asked your question nor judging you for asking it. People have asked the same question that you just did for years in this same section of the forum. Nor does it have anything to do with being smart.
I was more surprised at Kitten's response (though I think she understood the answer with her reference to "combination of traits") and Tad's response (who I could have sworn had previously answered the question when it was asked before).

Edited to add:
I would like to clarify that I'm not trying to wave a stick around and say "Fix this NOW." I consider KittyCats to be under duress right now: Callie is in pain and there was a scramble to push out the St. Paddy's day cats, and things are likely a bit stressed. I myself am very excited about the new head and think it's a wonderful addition and my Scottish Blue and white threw his fur this morning and the little kitten is showing Soul Whisper eyes. I am a happy camper. I just didn't understand why the ear glitch - and that's all it is is a glitch - was being treated as a mystery. My comment is more meant to be taken like a post-it note. I have to-do lists on post it notes on my desk and computer for the things to do today, and this week, and the stuff I should have done last week, and sometimes I make new lists to transfer the old to the new to dos, and I think the ear glitch is kind of like that.
To be honest, I though it Ivy was speaking of me; and I certainly deserved a bit of derision over it.. I certainly do not remember a question like this before, but my aged mind may have flushed it from memory to make room for more useless trivia. (Not to mention, I've been distracted with working through the mess our Release Manager made of the game I work on these days. I've been pounding on it all day, finally got it working for Linux and Apple, and it STILL won't compile for Windows. And he works on Windows! Sheesh.)

This sort of mistake is easy to make and tedious to fix, and they probably have a lot more pressing issues.
Reference URL's