KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Pairs' love getting out of synch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am seeing this happening more and more, and some explanation of why and how to prevent it would be good. I asked in group chat, and I seem not to be the only one -- I've copied the comments from those who gave me explicit permission to do so -- there was one other said hers got out of synch but were back in synch today, but she was gone before i could get her permission.

[09:05:52] Liriel Garnet: I've got something odd going on.. wondered if anyone else had seen it
[09:06:24] Aryala1 Resident: Odd?
[09:07:13] Liriel Garnet: two cats, have been mated together for several times now... both on same sim, both milk, food, etc .. and i noticed yesterday the female was about 1% ahead of him in love, now this morning she's 2% ahead.. and i've got another pair, same thing, been mating together several times in a row, she's showing up 1% ahead of him suddenly now this morning
[09:08:37] Aryala1 Resident: That's odd, one would think they'd stay in synch
[09:08:54] Aryala1 Resident: But I know nothing of the underlying code, so couldn't say for sure.
[09:09:07] Nas Solari: actually one of my breeding pairs is like that
[09:09:27] Liriel Garnet: *nods* i've seen them get 1% apart for some reason, but never 2
[09:09:31] Aryala1 Resident: I do have one pair who are perpetually out of synch on their sleep cycles.
[09:09:36] Liriel Garnet: and yes, they should be in synch
[09:09:52] Aryala1 Resident: But that seems to be set when they are born.
[09:09:56] Xander Birgisson: i had one breeding pair that went as much as 12 different
[09:10:19] Liriel Garnet: *wonders if there's a decent explanation why*
[09:13:28] Rocky Balzibo: Liriel, I have same problem with some of my pairs
hi Liriel Smile

Its hard to check on past of the cats, but we can try to check on the current situation. getting behind in love is possible if your cat gets over 25% hunger.

Kitten Longmeadow will contact you tommorow, and she will follow up on your cats for the period of a week.

A sim restart sometimes wrongly causes a sim rollback and this can result in some of your cats to end up with a higher hunger then intended. In such a case the food is rolled back equally though. This is something we dont have a workaround for currently, and hope lindenlab will fix this issue. We have some thoughts for a partial work around (regarding energy), but it needs more testing and will prolly not be included yet in next update.

Even a small difference in stats from a few minutes can cause this, if the rollback is done at the "right" moment.

We have hundreds of cats around for testing, but a difference like you mention we never noticed. I never say never in SL though, as we even have seen a few isolated cases where linked messages in scripts were getting delayed extremly. Thats why we like to follow up something like that more direct, its hard to base on just a past experience, since there can be so many causes.

For the same, and with SL's bumpiness, it could actually even mean the cats ahead did gain love to fast... But lets not speculate, and check the results of the follow up Smile

Regards
KittyCatS
Hey KittyCats,

This is not at all an uncommon issue, especially not with cats that you sometimes pick up and snuggle. -Even if they NEVER go hungry, ever.

I also had cats born at the EXACT same time suddenly have opposite sleeping patterns - one was 50% and sleeping, while the other was 50% and awake! -Hence, they obviously never really had a kitten Tongue Luckily I discovered the problem just as they were both at 50%, so solving it was really simple - but I still wonder how on earth it happened.
I've had cats be 1-2% off on love and recently had a pair that got their sleeping patterns TOTALLY messed up. I was able to fix it with a couple timed wake ups. But yes I've seen it happen a few times.
Yes Ive had the same problem recently with a pair that were off by 2% love. I couldn't figure out how it happened or why and I had always had enough milk and food so this was not the cause. I cant say I noticed about the sleeping patterns because mainly if my cats are off i just pump them with energy pills. Big Grin Something I have noticed though, it is since I upgraded my sim from magnum to standard SL Server...thats when it started. So I wonder if this has anything to do with it.
(03-07-2012 03:31 PM)Khea Karas Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Ive had the same problem recently with a pair that were off by 2% love. I couldn't figure out how it happened or why and I had always had enough milk and food so this was not the cause. I cant say I noticed about the sleeping patterns because mainly if my cats are off i just pump them with energy pills. Big Grin Something I have noticed though, it is since I upgraded my sim from magnum to standard SL Server...thats when it started. So I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Khea, that's an excellent point. My new cattery is on a regular channel sim as opposed to an RC channel. My old was on a mainland sim that was using an RC Magnum server version. That definitely might be something worth looking into when dealing with LL and why it's happening only on the main channels, perhaps something with the parameters they use to roll the main channel as opposed to the RC channels, since I'm sure those are done via a batch file rather than by hand.
wouldn't they get back in sync as soon as they have a kitten?

and besides, 1% is about 1 1/2 hours with milk available. Are people really that desperate for kittens?
(03-08-2012 03:02 AM)Yuukie Onmura Wrote: [ -> ]Are people really that desperate for kittens?

Yes, Yuukie, we are! *Stares at cats and taps foot*

-And yes, they get in sync when they have a kitten - which is why it is weird that they keep getting OUT of sync before they get the next one. -Which is why the question was raised at all.
I am glad to hear that you do not recognize the problem at all, though - that's awesome ;-)

Saga
Same problem here no hungry cats but a difference pops in love level on some renewed partnerships while as most cats they should be on the same love level.
And @ Yuukie: no, for me this is not a drama but I like to confirm this bug report:-)
hi all Smile

What some of you pointed at, and what i forgot to mention in my previous post, is that if you attach a cat, and crash, the cat sometimes gets rolled back by secondlife as well, causing loss of love, loss of extra happiness you did build up, and occasionally may cause the same energy problem.

I've seen this SL problem once myself where script changes i made before crashing got lost.

Since this can happen on a crash, i can imagine this occasionally also can happen without a crash where secondlife fails to save the state of the object on detach/drop. I can't confirm this though.

A save alternative is petting, rather then cuddeling, since the cats does not reside in your inventory for that, and you can crash without affecting it.

A full workaround is saving all data somewhere externally in a database.
In that case other problems could occure with similar results though, mainly when comunication between SL and that database would fail... In such a case it could even mean a problem affecting all cats at once, a situation difficult to support.

As some of you mention, all the different sim versions and frequent sim updates can give different results too, indeed.
As an example, since a few weeks we started to notice that some people were experiencing problems switching their cats from low prim to normal prim or back.
This was caused by an undocumented change to inventory transfers between objects. Lindenlab finally doubled the inventory transfer limits again this week, fixing it.

Regards
KittyCatS
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's