KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Starter Kitties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am making assumptions here, just wanted to say that straight away Smile One of my favorite "features" of KittyCatS is that the starters are no transfer.

Overall, the Valentines kitties are starters in a costume, we were able to see what was under the costume when they bred. By necessity they needed to be transfer because not only were the colors random, but so was the gender. If you wanted to even up your V-Day kitties by gender (or get a certain color) you needed to trade or buy.

I was a little disappointed to see that the St. Patrick's Day kitties are transfer. As I said, I am assuming they are starters under the costume again. This time, however, there is only one costume and you can buy a single cat in a specific gender or a pair. There is no need to buy or trade on the secondary market.

On a positive note, I bought my kitties this morning and I LOVE THEM. They are adorable, beautiful, nothing less than I have come to expect from KittyCatS.
(03-12-2011 09:48 AM)Kimberly Warwillow Wrote: [ -> ]I am making assumptions here, just wanted to say that straight away Smile One of my favorite "features" of KittyCatS is that the starters are no transfer.

Overall, the Valentines kitties are starters in a costume, we were able to see what was under the costume when they bred. By necessity they needed to be transfer because not only were the colors random, but so was the gender. If you wanted to even up your V-Day kitties by gender (or get a certain color) you needed to trade or buy.

I was a little disappointed to see that the St. Patrick's Day kitties are transfer. As I said, I am assuming they are starters under the costume again. This time, however, there is only one costume and you can buy a single cat in a specific gender or a pair. There is no need to buy or trade on the secondary market.

On a positive note, I bought my kitties this morning and I LOVE THEM. They are adorable, beautiful, nothing less than I have come to expect from KittyCatS.

Hi Kimberley Smile

There is a big difference between the St. Patrick's cats and the regular starter cats.

Unlike normal starters, the St Patrick's cats are a limited edition with a special look which is only sold for 1 week.

As the cats look different compared to regular starters, with a higher pricing, they will not be trown on the market in huge amounts as what could happen to normal starters which always have the same 5 furs. They also don't influence the value of other cats because of their unique appearance.

I Hope that clarifies our view a bit to you Smile

Regards,
KittyCatS.
I think Kimberly's point was to compare the V-Day cats to the Leprecats... not the Leprecats to regular starters.

You couldn't purchase a specified gender nor a specified color of the Vales. This made for the need to be able to trade them so that you could get the color and the gender you want/needed.

You CAN buy a specific gender of Leprecats and they are only 1 color. In that sense, I see Kimberly's point. But I assume they were made transfer so they can be traded or sold at a later time as a collectible.
Thank you Kimberly and Sookie for your comments and the opportunity to clarify a bit more.

The Leprecats were sold the way they were so people could have the option to buy a boy or girl or pair, depending on what they wanted. The concept in this collectible was entirely different than the SweetCats.

For collectibles, we think it's important that they be transferable for a few reasons, mostly so they have the added value in them of being able to be sold later. It's important to us that our customers have that option for "special" items as many do want to sell later (as Sookie pointed out).

Another reason for them being transferable is that on Holidays people like to give gifts and this enables friends to give them as gifts as well Smile.

As these cats have a special ability to produce a special Leprekitten, we also wanted to sell them in a pair pack for sheer ease for those who knew they wanted to breed a pair.

We are SO happy that you like the feature of starter cats being non transferable Smile and we're sorry if these being transferable caused any confusion!

Thank you again for your input and kind words, were happy you like them despite them being transfer and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts Smile
Reference URL's