KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Is Destiny Rivers dominate to Exotic Breeze?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I paired Destiny Rivers to Exotic Breeze, and thank goodness Destiny Rivers won. However, does this confirm that Destiny Rivers is dominate to Exotic Breeze or do we need more evidence from others? I wanted to share this to whom ever does the saga charts for proofs.

Note: Mom's Exotic Breeze is solid, and Dad's Destiny Rivers' is solid.

[Image: 37443280646_50814d2666_b.jpg]
Hi Coverboy,

Your pedigree doesn't show the eyes on the grandparents; that kind of thing is generally necessary. What I would have you do in this situation is find the hidden eye on your Ginger 2 kitten by running it with an eye that we have confirmed is more recessive: something like onyx or below on the charts.

You can check the Saga charts through the links here: http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca
You can check the KittyCatsProofs charts here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=393192004
Right now, the KittyCatsProofs charts are further ahead with the eyes. That set of charts is run by Arwen and she tends to move with more agility. Saga has more apparatus behind the scenes (which Bree is currently revamping) for creating a permanent record and having at least 2 people vet the proofs. I know Bree (Brunabug) has RL stuff going on.

Over the years, we've developed some trait-tracking systems.. there are more than one. To send information to Saga, you can post it here, or give it to Brunabug Nightfire - who keeps the charts, or you give it to me as I'm also Saga staff. Arwen picks up the charts directly from the forum here.
Another thing about the forum here is that generally there is One thread for each trait so that people can come and check the current state of trait testing. So there is a Destiny Rivers thread and there is also an Uber Odyssey thread. Kayla Woodrunner updates an index to all of the trait threads here on the forum and that is pinned to the top of the breeding section thread list, but she updates sporadically, not all the time. https://www.kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=20089. The last update was 9/16.

All of us who do testing are very happy to see other people submitting pedigrees and helping to do the work on the dominance testing.
So thank you, for submitting your pedigrees.
I second Ivy's thanks in you posting your pedigree and do urge you to go take a look at the Destiny Rivers thread, I believe someone else is also testing against exotic breeze but can't recall the results off the top of my head.
You can also see how we post pedigrees there or on any of the other trait threads. As Ivy said a full pedigree is needed and often extras depending how clear a proof is. I would also remind you that solid does not mean pure, it simply means we can't see anything more recessive in the available data. We rarely accept a trait as pure unless accompanied by additional pedigrees proving it to be so, of course in the case of recessives dateline can also be used, ie a Toyger Caramel line that predates the release of the collection Burmilla Lilac shaded was released in can't hide it so will be considered pure.
One of the things that concerns me regarding purity of the exotic breeze is that the grandparents on that side are showing 2 other breeders and I always find it harder to ascertain potential purity with multiple breeders involved. I have had hids pass unseen for 8 generations so the best proof you can give would be to pull the exotic breeze with a known recessive.
Welcome on board and I hope to see more pedigrees from you Smile
Thank you! I was trying to find that post about proofs and I just replied with more pics.

Thank you for the reply.
Reference URL's