KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Notices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a thought but I'm thinking that it might be a good idea if CSRs were able to send out notices.
As I'm sure everyone knows we are having issues with meowmats today and while Fancy has been amazing at handling att the queries in group and I'm sure countless in IM I expect many could have been avoided had she been able to just send out a notice.
Our CSRs are all totally amazing and deal so well with all queries when theres a problem, ability to send notices would be a useful tool for them in trying to keep people informed and prevent people making purchases that won't get delivered and in turn reduce, hopefully, the number of tickets filed during outtages.
I believe the CSRs are able to send out notices in the KittyCats! Notices & Information group - not sure why they don't have the same ability in the chat group o.O

Anyway kudos to how Fancy handled the situation. She did a really good job under pressure!

Perhaps they should allow the CSRs who are on 'night duty' to have the ability to send out notices?
Notices are sent out. If you don't have notices for groups enabled you have to check the group itself.

How do you check notices in groups on second life. Click on the button labeled as People. Click on the Group tab. Scroll down to the group you want to check notices on so that it is highlighted. Choose View Info from the drop down menu when you right mouse click on the group. Then click on the notices tab on the group. Notices usually display from newest to oldest.
Notices regarding the food issue the other day were only sent out by Kitten Longmeadow once she logged in.
Fancy was totally unable to send out notices during the 5 hours preceeding that.

It should also be pointed out that like a lot of other people despite having left and rejoined the KittyCats group several times AND having notices enabled some of us still don't get them unless we are logged in. Thats an SL glitch so I do actually check notices daily when I log in.

Anyway as I said in my OP, it would be good if CSRs could send out notices during times when Kitten and Callie are not online and something goes wrong. During the 5 hours I was in chat with Fancy she did an amazing job and repeatedly had to tell people she was sorry she couldn't send a notice when people enquired as to why there had not been one.

(09-03-2017 04:37 PM)sneakpastu Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Notices are sent out. If you don't have notices for groups enabled you have to check the group itself.

How do you check notices in groups on second life. Click on the button labeled as People. Click on the Group tab. Scroll down to the group you want to check notices on so that it is highlighted. Choose View Info from the drop down menu when you right mouse click on the group. Then click on the notices tab on the group. Notices usually display from newest to oldest.
(09-04-2017 04:25 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote: [ -> ]Notices regarding the food issue the other day were only sent out by Kitten Longmeadow once she logged in.
Fancy was totally unable to send out notices during the 5 hours preceeding that.

It should also be pointed out that like a lot of other people despite having left and rejoined the KittyCats group several times AND having notices enabled some of us still don't get them unless we are logged in. Thats an SL glitch so I do actually check notices daily when I log in.

I don't have notices enabled for any of my groups, but I was still able to check to see if there was any new notices. As shown below:

[Image: Example%20A.jpg]

I, also, had a friend join the group today that never had been a member and she was able to pull up the same notices. As shown below:

[Image: Example%20B.jpg]

Neither avatar was logged in at the time of those notices being sent out.
I always make it a habit to check my groups to see if there is something new - because I will miss notices otherwise.
If I kept my group notices enabled....I would quickly be capped with too many messages coming in.

Yes, you don't get the notice sent to you if you were not online at the time that the notice was sent out, but you can go to the group notices and get it when you log in.
And once again this thread IS NOT about how to check past notices. The fact remains that for 5 hours after the database went down Fancy was unable to send notices.
This is purely a request for CSRs to be able to send notices during times such as these.
You clearly are not really understanding that you cannot check a notice that the CSR did not send because she did not have rights to send it.

Treating me like an idiot and adding screenshots to prove a point that is not in dispute really is a little off topic.

We had a database crash that caused food mats and vendors to stop working.
Fancy was the only CSR online, by her own admission she was UNABLE to put out a group notice.
A group notice went out 5-6 hours AFTER the crash when Kitten Longmeadow logged in.

Those are the facts so you can bang on about checking past notices as much as you like, people did and were coming into chat saying "I don't see a notice" to which the reply was "Thats because I can't send one"

My apologies in advance to any CSRs that feel a need to interject at this point.
Sorry I misunderstood what you had said.

Yes...CSR's should be able to draft a notice in such cases.
Reference URL's