KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Destiny Skyline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just wanted to share with you the new eyes Heart Callie posted a better picture in the group notices.
[Image: 156zvr6.jpg]

And here's the pedigree:
[Image: ok3hnq.png]
Beautiful baby and brand new eyes! Congrats, Marikit!
Congrats on the new discovery. Such a pretty eye. Smile
Congrats Marikit :-)

Looking at your pedigree and those below I think we can now place somewhere between recessive to Exotic Journey and dominant to Galaxy Star. Or at the very least, dominant to Soul Whisper.

[Image: b6eb443d117a86e847a82116923f5515.png]

[Image: 3d20ff981d771dec19ebc47808bf2daa.png]
Thanks Smile Congrats too Eleanor! 7 traits on that baby. Thanks for the info!
Thanks Eleanor, although I have no doubt that its dominant to Galaxy Star we don't have actual proof the Star in Marikits pedigree is pure, your pedigrees do give us a range of recessive to Exotic Journey and Dominant to Soul Whisper which is awesome Smile. I'll update the Forum Based Charts accordingly and congrats on your kitty Smile
This is the pedigree of the grandfather of Nickie (Destiny Skyline) taken today. He is the one with the Galaxy Star eyes. Based on the ages of his grandparents, we can be pretty sure there's no Soul Whisper in this line. I think we can safely say that Destiny Skyline is dominant to Galaxy Star.

[Image: e7dd2cf537c9e6740e099ff652b6029f.png]
Thank you Marikit! Let's see if this goes back far enough.

Known:
Soul Whisper - discovered by Peaches Latrell (November 21, 2016)

That would mean it was available as a hid in starters starting with the October cats, I would think because this is before the December collection. So I am trotting over the date subtraction/addition web app.
I love this thing.
https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html
I am plugging in yesterdays date (assuming Mirikit took the pic of hte pedigree yesterday, the date of the post)
Plugging in 271 days
choosing subtract
And we have
October 18, 2016

Fall collection was introduced October 19, 2016 (from the KC announcement on the forum -- assumption they put it up the day it was released and not the day after)

So it does predate Soul Whisper (Actually given El's Edina and Riggs, they were not from starters with that collection of traits so you have at least another generation there but that is deductive reasoning -- not the hard-core proof of an actual physical chart which is required. Dominance testing is like murder versus suing someone for damages. Hard evidence versus a preponderance of evidence and deductive reasoning)

Since it predates Soul Whisper, Sherry is pure Galaxy Star
Donnel is from parents born after Soul Whisper is introduced. So while it is extremely unlikely that both his parents El's Donovan and Cecelia came from starters, it is possible. To pop two highly traited cats from starters --- I love it when it happens but it's rarer than diamonds! Would have to see their charts to confirm just cuz of the hard evidence rule.

So going back to hard evidence, I can't put on the to-be-placed thread but if anyone is lucky enough to have Destiny Skyline, it's fairly safe to say it is dominant to Galaxy Star. So if you're testing it, I'd test between this range

recessive to Exotic Journey
Opaline
Ocean Mist
Galaxy Burst
extremely probable dominant to Galaxy Star

That's a pretty short range. 3 eyes to test! (if it turns out it is recessive to Galaxy Burst, we'll have to beg Marikit to pop her baby against a Soul Whisper to get the Galaxy Star hid shown. )
Just reading through your analysis Kayla and I think its safe to say Donnel is pure Galaxy Star based on his parents age. In the shown pedigree they are actually only 10 days younger than Sherrys parents. I believe I am correct in thinking that even with Love 10 given every 48 hours that a cats minimum breed age would be 12 days, 10 days younger than Sherrys puts unpacking at 28th October since you dated Sherrys to 18th October. Given that their parents have to be at least 12 days old IF these are the very first babies from their parents then the latest the parents could have been unpacked is Oct 16th predating the release of the fall collection by 3 days so impossible to hide the Soul Whisper.
Of course if Eleanor is willing to share Donnels pedigree we can clear it up on the age of his grandparents Smile We just need to know that they are more than 12 days older than their offspring Smile

I worked it out quickly and if Love 10 is given at 7, 9 & 11 days they would be ready to breed at 12 days old.
Beautiful <3
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's