KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Exclusivity profiler ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I would like to know if Rene Marseille to the exclusivity and rights to use the name of KittyCats, because I received threats to be banned from its site, if I use both profilers. Is this legal?
Hello India =)

I cannot answer about the use of the name for certain but I'd speculate there is not permission for anyone to use the KittyCatS trade name, just like real life where people pay to have a trade name or cannot use it. They would certainly need to ask permission too. No one making money off someone elses product would get to use it for free, which is correct business. If you make money off someone elses product then you pay to make money off them.

No one has the right to tell anyone what profilers to use, and to make threats if they use both.
I think if you use the Advanced Search on this forum and type in 'Rene Marseille', you'll get an overview of the situation. None of which suggests that he has the rights to the name KittyCats.
(03-19-2017 09:07 PM)India Boram Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I would like to know if Rene Marseille to the exclusivity and rights to use the name of KittyCats, because I received threats to be banned from its site, if I use both profilers. Is this legal?

The site he is threatening to ban you from is his market website. He cannot ban you from the KittyCats.ws site. He does use the name kittycats in his web address and I expect thats probably something being dealt with by Kittycats themselves as part of the action they are taking. Be assured he can not ban you from KittyCats only from his 3rd party site and products.
It seems you are one of a growing number of people recieving this threat, a threat incidentally not being issued by the creator of the other profiler who doesn't seem at all worried if people choose to use both as is their right.
Sorry for the unpleasantness you are experiencing but its not typical of the KittyCats community thank goodness.
hi,

no one can ban you from KittyCatS! Smile

no one has any rights to any exclusivity with anything to do with kittycats.

we're sorry for your experience, it is not from us and trust us that we are working hard privately to rectify these types of things.

we'd point you to trying if possible to work it out with the creator or using LL's grievance tools if that is not possible.

we wish you the best and thank you for being part of our community Smile
India you have done nothing wrong. I am very sorry this has happened to you and it is heartbreaking to read what happened. It is not true that only one or two people use both and this is proved if you look at the names of breeders on both profile sites. There are quite a lot using both. Or trying to use both I should say because to use both would be to have no threats and harassment. As you know this is not easy and does not happen.

To all of you who deny this problem and refuse to see it, I do not understand that. It is bullying and done with laughing about it to boot when banning somebody. Just horrible and cruel with no respect. How anyone can ignore that or turn a blind eye to it, I do not understand. We should care about each other in our community and not turn a blind eye to what happens like it did to India here now. It is not okay at all. It is normal that any product has its' competitors. It is not normal that a creator tries to bully and threaten to even ban customers in order to deal with that competition and keep a monopoly.

India there is no notecard for exclusive application because it does not exist. When terms of use and conditions for use apply it should be stated well before purchase. It is dishonest and quite frankly a fraud not to state such information and let people buy it first with no chance of refund when they realize what they got into and what a mess it is. It should be stated for what happens to us when we do not agree but it will not be because this creator would never sell one again if he was honest about it what he does to people. No one buying this product entered into any agreement we would tolerate harassment, terms of use, or exclusivity.

The same happens to many. It happened to me and others I know all because we will not do what what is demanded. You spend money on this type of profiler you have mentioned, and after you have paid but only after, you then receive threats and get banned if you do not comply with the bullying demands to use only this profiier. But plz know India and many others who went through this you did nothing wrong and you are not to blame at all. Plz also understand this behavior is not at all associated with KittyCatS themselves. He has nothing to do with them and they are very good people.
Hi,

After many discussions with the Kittycats Team, I have decided to unban everyone who was banned. I hope you can continue to use my Profilers and other tools which make your experience enjoyable. Please see my website for new guidelines that are simple and easy to understand. Thank you so much.
Hi all,

Rene and our team indeed have had many conversations. Many... some were great and some were rough, but isn't that part of life and working things out? At this time it seems things will move forward with what Rene, said, unbanning those who he had wrongfully banned.

It's been challenging on both ends I am pretty sure, but the good news is we can now move forward and the people who were hurt by this stuff can now choose what they'd like to do.

We have a great community with amazingly talented people who make all kinds of things and we love that you all have fun and are so creative. There is room for EVERYONE to bring their own unique voice to things and we all can learn from each other and inspire each other.

Our team is continually blown away by the kindness and ingenuity displayed in our community. When you land in any market or shop or museum or cattery, you can see the love poured into the decor, set ups, and all the ways people love to play with their cats.

From Megapuss racing to "teacup" houses, to even Kitty Wedding chapels! I think our community has done so much and the future is bright for more fun and expression!

WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU CREATE!

...and we love just seeing you come into the shop holding your cat to just chat with other cat lovers.. and we love when we're there and get to meet you face to face!! Smile

We hope now to move forward and enjoy the cats!
I can now take full advantage of every product that benefits everyone! Without discrimination.
Thank you!
For those who wish to use this type of profiler it is good news =) I'm genuinely happy it is a good outcome for you. Also thankyou to Callie and KittyCatS for working hard and making sure our community can be safe and fair.

I do not wish to use it myself, and fully expect to be refunded for being forced not to and banned and not to be able to use it for months. Anything else than refunding under such circumstances is fraud. I do not want any contact with this product or the creator. It is the only way I can be sure of having peace and freedom in how I sell my cats. Not be told to show prices or may cat may not show, which is actually no choice at all. Not to have another drama erupt in a few weeks or months as is the pattern with this creator (see forum history if you doubt this). I want peace and quiet in my SL. It is right to want to cut my ties and be refunded. The same applies for those others who have been affected. They have every right to a refund too. Infact were this real life, they would be being given compensation ontop of a refund so a refund is the very least that can be done.

The solution for some people may be to turn their profiler back on and that is good for them if they are happy with this. For me, it is not the solution. I want nothing to do with it or this creator and just to have my refund. It is the least that can be done and no one should ever have to fight to not be bullied and discriminated against anyway. Especially not when I paid to have a product I could not even use very long and comes with problems and drama and bullying. It came with conditions which were never disclosed to me before buying, and demands and banning if you do not do those, and that is total fraud.

If I do not receive a refund in a few days, I will be contacting LL again with regard to this fraudulent activity. There is no way I am being made to have to deal with this creator ever again after how I and others were treated. It doesn't make it okay for me to be told months later 'you can use it again'. I have seen my friends lives made hell and they were harassed, with this man continually contacting them to argue and have the exact kind of conversation he had with India. just like in this example, when they resisted they were insulted, laughed at and banned. And a lot worse. I have seen a friend who lost her parent continually harassed at that time, not that any time is acceptable, but this really is the limit of tolerance when people are hurt this way in order for one person to have their own selfish way. I doubt this creator cares about the undue stress he caused for her in such a difficult time, trying to continually force her to remove the other type of profiler from her stores, adding extra undue stress to her life he had no right to cause to anyone, but I care. I also care about my friend who got so stressed about this she quit cats altogether just so she could have peace and quiet without harassment. This creator ruined her experience. I care.

An apology is worthless to me after all I have seen. Just refund me. The reason I am writing this here is to ensure it will be heard. The creator has a history of banning and muting, and at least here it will be seen. I do not want any discussion or drama or argument, I am making clear here I fully expect to be refunded in a few days at most from now. If not, I am not going to argue it here and will pursue the matter more thoroughly through LL channels who have been very receptive thus far.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's