KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Jump N Play question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Kitty Lovers,

I have purchased the Jump N Play from the mainstore. I have it setup as purrrr the instructions. I have not see any of my 3 cats use it. How long do I need to wait and has anyone else purchased this cute item?
I have them all over, on furniture and stairs and they really like them.
I found it took longer for some than others, they really do have different personalities. Also not sure with others, but i notice my cats always seem to be sitting a ways above or infront of the prim...anyone else notice this?
Hello, I bought them too... and all my and my partner kittens are indifferent to the Jump N Play also.
(12-30-2016 05:17 PM)Chandriana Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I found it took longer for some than others, they really do have different personalities. Also not sure with others, but i notice my cats always seem to be sitting a ways above or infront of the prim...anyone else notice this?
Yes I notice it to but at least they are up high like cats like lol

I'd like to see a 'volume knob' menu item on these things that lets
you increase or decrease the 'attractiveness factor' of these interactive
items.

Crank it up full blast and every kitteh on the sim runs over
and jumps in the 'laundry basket' or whatever.

Or dial it down if your cats wont come off your jump and play.

Most of the time, none of my cats are using this stuff.

Once in a blue moon somebody jumps up out of the laundry basket
with underwear on their head. But most of the time its just
KAYLA WOODRUNNER. She's easily amused Wink

I'd prefer to see more interaction from the cats on these items.
I've been disappointed since I bought it, and I got the mansion pack. ;_; I just don't see them use it. Tried all shapes, and different methods, experimented a few hours a day, had quite a few cats within a short range of the jumps of a few different heights. Measured and followed instruction for how much surface space was needed.... it just doesn't work very well. I would jump out of my chair in joy if i actually saw one jump at this point. Can't seem to keep any of my cats from jumping on things in real life, so it would be nice if it was fixed a bit for KittyCats. Sad

Update:
I filmed them with a screen recorder for about 6 hours while I slept, and during the hours of recording I went through, I saw no jump the entire time.
Yeah... that's disappointing. I was hoping to see it work just once... I don't think it has to do with personalities. These are dogs and not cats.
I guess I should have bought the smaller pack to see if it worked first. Sad
I will probably warn against buying this kit to anyone I introduce to kitties, because at this point I feel like it may be just an expensive prim box with a texture on it.
I have 2 prims set up and linked to other prims, mine use them perfectly fine. You need to make sure the surface is big enough for the size cats you have and that the cats can run into them i've noticed. Also helps if they are able to walk all the way around the prims.
Thank you, I appreciate you trying to help.

The surfaces have all been measured and I did the calculations for the cat sizes vs surface space.
I set up furniture with it as well as trying just blank prims of all shapes, put them all over in the center of the room, did some completely surrounding the prims/furniture, and also some that were only on parts of it to test things, all different heights used, shapes of prims all used, and within a 10 meter radius of 14 cats. Watching the cats collide and run into them, walk all around them constantly, but not jumping. Maybe something is wrong with mine... made sure they were all updated too. So not sure -shrug-
I can't use any of my furniture because it's surrounded with the boxes and I can no longer sit on it... so it's getting difficult to want to keep them down when it's obviously a really rare thing to see them jump for me.
Did you try making your furniture phantom ?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's