KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Forum based dominance charts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Update 18th December 2021

Eyes
Odyssey Tapestry #1 is recessive to Pumpkin
Update 6th January 2022

Whisker Shape
Mustache placed dominant to Lush
Hoping someone can help me out on this regarding the "pure breed". Is there such a thing as a Kittycat pure and if so I have never seen any stats on what a pure breed is. I beginning to think that the Kittycat god makes a new breed lets call it a tiger for instance then releases it into the market or is it a case of total natural selection and it all started with just an Adam and Eve cat and the rest is all in the programming?
Reason for asking this is it a total generic hicup that everyone is chasing that fetches the highest price or good breeding? or maybe I should not ask this question and go and make a real life in the real world ConfusedConfusedConfused
the life of Py...
"Pure" means that the shown genetic trait (fur or eyes or whisker color or tail etc) is the same is the hidden genetic trait. In other words, it's about the genetics game.
There is a thread about the genetics here. It is very difficult to breed a pure cat, and generally people only try to get a few of the traits on the cat pure so as to lock that trait into the breeding line. That is an example of good breeding practice.

A cat with all of the Most Recessive traits on the charts is by definition pure because there are no traits that can hide underneath those traits - they can only equal each other.

All of the traits are drawn by Callie Cline and released into the breeding pool hidden in the Collection Cats. That's one reason why everyone breeds Collection Cats so fiercely - to find the newly loaded traits.

At market the newest traits are expensive when they first come out because only a few people have them. It's supply and demand. As more people breed the trait, it spreads. Cats can also get an elevated price at market if it is very well-bred to be match and beautiful - the combination is lovely and it took a lot of breeding work to create the cat. Those cats may or may not have some pure traits in them.
Cats which have multiple Most Recessive traits are often quite valuable because they are so useful as pullers for hidden traits. That goes on until the market becomes swamped with those Most Recessive traits. KittyCats releases new Most recessives into the gene pool. For instance, we have a new Most Recessive fur: the Chimera - Black Maltese Chinchilla and at this point only a handful of people have it - or fewer, 2? 3? people?
Reference URL's