KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: How to make Love happen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I decided to breed my two cats because one of them is 115 and there are only 5 days left. It worked fine, except it took all their love away to have a kitten (which is weirdly the opposite of reality). They went from 100% to 6%!

So ... I've been hugging them and petting them all day now, and all I get is another 1% of love, WTF? I checked for the regular "cheats" (buying stuff at the KittyCat store), and it seems that you can only buy love in increments of 10 and it's super expensive as is usual with KittyCat stuff.

Is there anyway I can get the love back to 100% within the four days without buying the cheat, cause I don't have thousands of Lindens to spend on "love" for two cats?
(10-17-2016 06:55 PM)Sylvia Wasp Wrote: [ -> ]I decided to breed my two cats because one of them is 115 and there are only 5 days left. It worked fine, except it took all their love away to have a kitten (which is weirdly the opposite of reality). They went from 100% to 6%!

This is normal. When they have their kitten box, it resets the timer.
(10-18-2016 04:57 AM)Alassariah Resident Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2016 06:55 PM)Sylvia Wasp Wrote: [ -> ]I decided to breed my two cats because one of them is 115 and there are only 5 days left. It worked fine, except it took all their love away to have a kitten (which is weirdly the opposite of reality). They went from 100% to 6%!

This is normal. When they have their kitten box, it resets the timer.

Thanks. From the research I've done, it seems that everything except "love" can be created by simply treating your cat nicely, but "love" only increases by about 10 percent a day regardless of anything you do.

So a WARNING to anyone else attempting breeding and reading this ...

... you don't *really* have 120 days to breed your KittyCats, because if, like me, you wait until close to the end, you will have to pay many many THOUSANDS of Lindens for the "love" they sell at the store, in order to produce the right conditions for a kitten in the last few days of a KittyCat's breeding window.

Yet another disappointing feature of KittyCats in general. I have to pay the equivalent of two or three top of the line cats from top breeders in order to produce one random kitten at this point.

So sad.
If you cuddle your cat 30 mins a day, it gains 14% of love in 24 hours, so love too can be "created by simply treating your cat nicely".
It takes 7 days to go from 0 to 100% love with cuddles (or milk, but cuddles are free) so next time you feel like breeding a cat at the last minute, maybe do it from day 113 instead of 115 and it wont cost you a penny.
Exactly... you can see the age of the cat (down to the minute, if you mouse over their age on their pedigree page) and their stats, so you know when they are approaching that final week and what % love they are at.

Through daily cuddling (30 min. per 24 hours) you can buff them to cycle through to 100% every seven days without spending any additional $L, and maximize the # of boxes a cat can produce, as compared to waiting the ten days necessary if you do nothing at all.

The last box a cat will drop might happen on day 120 (breeding shuts off automatically the moment they turn 121 days), or sometime during the week leading up to that, depending on how often a cat was buffed or not, and what their sleep cycle happens to be.
Thanks for all the replies. It is as I thought, too late to breed the cat even though there are four days left.

What I was looking for was a way through behaviour and treating the cat well to increase the love to 100% and it seems to be impossible if you wait this long.

So to anyone reading this in the future after searching for a similar problem...

The 120 days is really somewhere between a fib and an outright lie. You really only have 110 or so given the constraints.

This is really unfortunate though and I find a bit deceptive on KittyCats part. For instance 35 of the 116 days I have had the cat it was missing because it got lost on the server. So I missed out on it's kitten-hood, and now I'm going to miss out on any kittens it can produce, just because of an artificial barrier introduced by KittyCats.

One could say that this barrier exists to stop rampant breeding of cats for years and years, but then why offer a PAID "cheat" or workaround?

$2000 or so (what it would cost for 100% happiness) is simply an OUTRAGEOUS price to pay for allowing your cat to have a kitten. Especially when you don't even know what it would look like or what sex it will be. "Highway robbery" comes to mind. :-)

Overall I find it interesting that KittyCats is all supposed to be about love and kindness and kittens and people buy them just for the love and companionship they provide, yet the company itself that makes them is some sort of rapacious, underhanded pyramid scam of sorts. Quite the opposite of most of the people who own the cats. I would say that KittyCats (business) owners should be ashamed of themselves, but if they haven't woken up to how underhanded their business model is, nothing will make them I suppose.
(10-18-2016 12:50 PM)Sylvia Wasp Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the replies. It is as I thought, too late to breed the cat even though there are four days left.

What I was looking for was a way through behaviour and treating the cat well to increase the love to 100% and it seems to be impossible if you wait this long.

So to anyone reading this in the future after searching for a similar problem...

The 120 days is really somewhere between a fib and an outright lie. You really only have 110 or so given the constraints.

This is really unfortunate though and I find a bit deceptive on KittyCats part. For instance 35 of the 116 days I have had the cat it was missing because it got lost on the server. So I missed out on it's kitten-hood, and now I'm going to miss out on any kittens it can produce, just because of an artificial barrier introduced by KittyCats.

One could say that this barrier exists to stop rampant breeding of cats for years and years, but then why offer a PAID "cheat" or workaround?

$2000 or so (what it would cost for 100% happiness) is simply an OUTRAGEOUS price to pay for allowing your cat to have a kitten. Especially when you don't even know what it would look like or what sex it will be. "Highway robbery" comes to mind. :-)

Overall I find it interesting that KittyCats is all supposed to be about love and kindness and kittens and people buy them just for the love and companionship they provide, yet the company itself that makes them is some sort of rapacious, underhanded pyramid scam of sorts. Quite the opposite of most of the people who own the cats. I would say that KittyCats (business) owners should be ashamed of themselves, but if they haven't woken up to how underhanded their business model is, nothing will make them I suppose.

As you said, it's a business, nicely enough it brings joy & happiness to a lot of people, but it's a business before anything else.
Reading how bitter you seem to be with the KC experience, you should really quit for your own sake.
I think you may still be misunderstanding... you *can* breed a cat right up until the moment it turns 121 days of age and breed turns off. No one is being the least misleading about that.

But that does not mean you can instantly expect to change all of a cats statistics. Love (when buffed) increases by 1% every 1.7 hours; energy changes by 1% every 4.8 minutes. There is a cool down time between breedings (which is why a cat can not instantly revert to 100% love whenever you want it to)... a cat can not produce a new kitten daily, but as an adult cat it can produce kittens on any given day up to and including day 120, provided it meets the minimum stats required.

And no one forces anyone to buy meds to hasten along breeding -- the KC store simply makes those available for a small fee because sometimes people do want to use them (for any variety of reasons). One can breed cats, &/or enjoy them as 'pets', just fine without ever paying for anything more than the basic kibble food. If you personally don't enjoy the cats, that's ok -- this is why KC often gives out free starter cats for SL or KC birthdays, etc. so that you can try them out and decide for yourself before spending any $L. Wink
(10-18-2016 01:32 PM)HappyDaize Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I think you may still be misunderstanding... you *can* breed a cat right up until the moment it turns 121 days of age and breed turns off. No one is being the least misleading about that.

But that does not mean you can instantly expect to change all of a cats statistics. Love (when buffed) increases by 1% every 1.7 hours; energy changes by 1% every 4.8 minutes. There is a cool down time between breedings (which is why a cat can not instantly revert to 100% love whenever you want it to)... a cat can not produce a new kitten daily, but as an adult cat it can produce kittens on any given day up to and including day 120, provided it meets the minimum stats required.

And no one forces anyone to buy meds to hasten along breeding -- the KC store simply makes those available for a small fee because sometimes people do want to use them (for any variety of reasons). One can breed cats, &/or enjoy them as 'pets', just fine without ever paying for anything more than the basic kibble food. If you personally don't enjoy the cats, that's ok -- this is why KC often gives out free starter cats for SL or KC birthdays, etc. so that you can try them out and decide for yourself before spending any $L. Wink

Hey thanks for the reply, but I think I disagree.

I'm just saying two things really, and I don't see how I'm wrong.

1 - All of the qualities (love, energy, etc.) can be easily made up by simply treating your cat nicely with the *exception* of "love" which seems to be scripted to take a long time to go back up to previous levels as you describe yourself. This is obviously done on purpose by the designer of the product.

2 - "Love," which is therefore the controlling factor in breeding, (because energy can be got with a single sleep, food is fairly cheap and a high happy rating is easily achieved), is ridiculously, OUTRAGEOUSLY, overpriced.

It's hard to escape the sensible conclusion that KittyCats creators know that people want to breed, know that "love" is the controlling factor in breeding, and that they therefore knowingly price it so high in the store as to "cash in" on that hope. Why else would it be so expensive? What other use does a high "love" rating have? Why would "love" ever drop so low unless the cat was just bred?

I know you say that I "don't have to buy meds" but lets get real ... they aren't actually "meds," anymore than the KittyCats are actually cats. When I buy those things, I'm buying "love" which the designer has made a necessary ingredient in breeding, and which can't be obtained rapidly in ANY other way. It's a classic "having the customer over a barrel" situation.

As I said, I'd be prepared to log in 24/7 and set my avatar to pet the cats 24/7 if it would actually work. In fact I'm prepared to do almost anything in SL terms and within the SL environment to make the breeding work before time runs out which was the reason I posted here in the first place. I'm prepared to waste my time or work very hard, but unfortunately, NOTHING I can do will actually help me out of this situation. The ONLY thing that will work for me at this point is purchasing "love" for between $1500 and $2000 depending on how much love I can "force" on them between then and now.

And while *technically* you can breed up to 120 days, you can't *really* because often one is faced with topping up "love" for the breeding and "love" is both slow to accumulate by design, and super, super, EXPENSIVE. So that's more just semantics.

Yes, you can breed on the very last day, but only if you have planned things usually a week further in advance. It's just not "really" true that you can go to your cat on day 120 and get it to breed.
It's a game. Sometimes when a person first starts playing a game, she doesn't quite get all the dynamics. Maybe it's a game you don't want to play and that's fine. But one of the rules in the game is one kitty box is born per couple per week to 10 days (with, as you say, some medicine "cheats" to get a slight edge). Some of us have been playing it for 3 years or more, because it's really very engaging. One can learn how to breed to get the cat you want, and there are lots of little sub-games inside the big one.

Selling cats as a business isn't really advisable or very feasible for most people.

Oh, and you can only give love meds every 48 hours I think. So no, you can't pay 1500L or 2000L and "force" love on them. That's not how the game works. The standard price to breed a kitten box with kibble and such comes out to around 150L, maintaining the parents for that week.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's