KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: HOWTO Update cats on sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every KittyCatS update cycle people rush out to update and realize that they have no idea what the prices were.

Now, it can be argued that having all your cats be marked Not For Sale and all prices lost is a good thing since that forces you to have to think about them all under current market conditions.

But if you SLOW DOWN and TAKE YOUR TIME you get the same effect without that heart-stopping "Oh, darn!" moment.

So, how do you do it?

Simple. Get an updated Dock and forgo using the updater.

Instead of updating everything all at once, do it one cat at a time.

1) Choose a cat or box
2) Note where it is and the price set for it
3) Send the cat or box to the Cattery
4) Pull the cat or box back from the Cattery using the updated Dock
5) Mark it For Sale and set the price from (2)
6) Move the cat or box back into position

Sure, it takes some time. But you'll review each cat, individually (which might be a good thing), and you won't come in next month and wonder why nothing sold since you updated because you forgot all your cats were marked Not For Sale ...
(10-04-2016 11:42 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Every KittyCatS update cycle people rush out to update and realize that they have no idea what the prices were.

Now, it can be argued that having all your cats be marked Not For Sale and all prices lost is a good thing since that forces you to have to think about them all under current market conditions.

But if you SLOW DOWN and TAKE YOUR TIME you get the same effect without that heart-stopping "Oh, darn!" moment.

So, how do you do it?

Simple. Get an updated Dock and forgo using the updater.

Instead of updating everything all at once, do it one cat at a time.

1) Choose a cat or box

Sure, it takes some time. But you'll review each cat, individually (which might be a good thing), and you won't come in next month and wonder why nothing sold since you updated because you forgot all your cats were marked Not For Sale ...

Thanks for the information Tad.
Another method which might be of use is as follows:
1) Make a rough drawing that shows the location and price of all your cats that are for sale.
2) Use the Updater to update all the cats.
3) Then, manually re-set the price on all the cats as shown on the diagram you made.

Obviously, this will not work in all cases. Some people have larger areas that are not easily diagrammed, etc. But I just thought I'd share the suggestion in case anyone finds it useful.
(10-04-2016 11:42 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of updating everything all at once, do it one cat at a time.

1) Choose a cat or box

Oh I'm sure the shops with 1000 boxes for sale could do this. Lets see, 5 mins per cat or box (remember you need to think about each one) times 1000 is 5000 mins.
That's only 83 hours of work, not including breaks!

Since my new updater wont do over 3 cats at a time anyway, perhaps I can just sleep 2 hrs per night, and finish it up in 4 days. Smile

But this is a good suggestion for peeps that only have 20 cats for sale and plenty of spare time.
So what do you do to price them, select all and set price to 100 L$ per cat? You're going to be going through every cat, anyway. Or do you just leave 900 of them not set for sale and wonder why they never sold?

I posted this, Charm read it, and went "Oh, right!" and proceeded to update several hundred boxes and it did not take her 5 minutes per box because she only needed to hover; read the prices, cycle it, and set and move. Less than a minute and no angst over prices.
(10-05-2016 06:40 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]So what do you do to price them, select all and set price to 100 L$ per cat? You're going to be going through every cat, anyway. Or do you just leave 900 of them not set for sale and wonder why they never sold?

I posted this, Charm read it, and went "Oh, right!" and proceeded to update several hundred boxes and it did not take her 5 minutes per box because she only needed to hover; read the prices, cycle it, and set and move. Less than a minute and no angst over prices.
Charm moves faster than I do, and I am easily distracted, now where was I?

What I been doing is write the prices down on a piece of paper, as they are arranged on each wall, update them and reset prices. But since I cannot do batch upgrades in world with my grey goo fence error, I might as well sent them all to the cattery and bring them back one by one. I still have to remember the price though. I don't leave my prices stale, but set them to market price as time devalues them.
Reference URL's