KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: How much would you have lasted in this business?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I not liked this business KittyCats. Those seals are so cute. But it was not mine. I'm so sorry. I just like seals, but I don't like to participate in the business. Maybe I'll reconsider and try again. But now I don't want to do. And here I give cats for a symbolic price. I feel relieved. And me at the same time with this sad. I want to thank Jilly (1gajulia) because she taught me the business. I hope she's not angry. Because she's a good teacher.

I hope you all, all those involved in business KittyCats - don't get mad at me because I sell such a good cat is so cheap. I just give them in good hands. Just take them away. For a symbolic price.

Why a symbolic price? It is a Russian tradition. Cats always give for a symbolic price so that was good in the new house.

I'll give them for any price you say. Just contact with me.

And how many in this business have lasted you? How hard or easy it was?

Sorry for my bad English.

I wish you have a good day today! Angel
I don't think KittyCats works for independent breeders as a business at all. I don't think that it has for years and years. The supply of cats on the grid is in the millions (Tad did the estimate in one of his posts) and the demand is vastly lower because, let's face it, we can all breed our own cats.

There are a few people who have been able to make it work. These breeders focus on purchasing new and recessive traits right away when they come out and getting those cats ready for market as fast as they can. The most recessive cats always sell pretty well because those cats are the most useful for everyone trying to pull the hidden traits out of the Limited Edition releases. But keeping up a breeding stable of the always most recessive traits is not easy. I call it "trait-racing". There is nothing wrong with this, but I don't find it to be a relaxing way to breed and I personally don't want to shell out the money for the new traits at auction.

The markets rely on turn over, and new people coming into the hobby trying to build up their Catteries with the traits they lack. There is also a steady but not dramatic market for the LE collector cats.

At this point, 3 years into the hobby, I don't really try to sell cats. I enjoy breeding for the puzzle games that they provide and because a cute cat is a cute cat.
(09-22-2016 11:10 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think KittyCats works for independent breeders as a business at all. I don't think that it has for years and years. The supply of cats on the grid is in the millions (Tad did the estimate in one of his posts) and the demand is vastly lower because, let's face it, we can all breed our own cats.

There are a few people who have been able to make it work. These breeders focus on purchasing new and recessive traits right away when they come out and getting those cats ready for market as fast as they can. The most recessive cats always sell pretty well because those cats are the most useful for everyone trying to pull the hidden traits out of the Limited Edition releases. But keeping up a breeding stable of the always most recessive traits is not easy. I call it "trait-racing". There is nothing wrong with this, but I don't find it to be a relaxing way to breed and I personally don't want to shell out the money for the new traits at auction.

The markets rely on turn over, and new people coming into the hobby trying to build up their Catteries with the traits they lack. There is also a steady but not dramatic market for the LE collector cats.

At this point, 3 years into the hobby, I don't really try to sell cats. I enjoy breeding for the puzzle games that they provide and because a cute cat is a cute cat.

I think you are right. To understand this business, you have to love this puzzle game. This should be a hobby first and foremost.

Sorry for my bad English
Hiya RusHelen ^.^

I have been breeding kittycats for at least 4 years. It's not easy to make any business of it cuz of what Ivy said. There are so many more kitties than people who want to buy them. I would guess that most of all our sales come from people who are new and have the interest to buy cats. So although I have been in this business for 4 years or a lil bit more I would call it a type of hobby now rather than business cuz I just don't make the profit I used to a few yrs ago. I don't buy many starters anymore either to try to get new traits out of them cuz even if my cat had a new trait hidden by the time I did it and put that on a nice cat it will be not worth much anymore due to time taken to do it. Buying the starters is a bit like a lottery with everyone hoping their cats hide a new trait but most will not have anything. I tried a few times, never found anything and don't try that lottery now. I just keep it as my hobby =)
I looked at the market dynamics when I got my first cats, and I saw that it was not a good risk. The market is flooded, and only the newest recessive traits will sell. Like others, I found that even if I got a recessive new trait, by the time I had a decent cat to sell, the "new" trait was out of fashion. So, for me, it is just a hobby with a goal of cuteness. I am reducing my number of breeding cats, and planning to just enjoy the non-breeders that I have already stocked.
How you price your kitties is up to you. You buy the kibble, milk, take the time to cuddle, whatever.

I always liked sharing new traits with friends and my friends have shared new traits with me. For me it wasn't all about the money. It's about sharing gifts that make my friends happy, and the joy I feel when my friends share with me.

The market is too flooded, and too fickle to get rich and in most cases to break even. But if you share your kitties for a lower price to put a smile on someones face or make their day, then you're all the richer for it.

Enjoy what you do, and don't let others take that away from you.
I breed cats for the fun & challenge of it! I have long ago given up the "business" of breeding KittyCats. It is too hard to keep up with the people who are fortunate enough to be able to have large cattery's & be able to breed to get all the new traits! I just enjoy breeding for my own pleasure ... so don't feel bad...just have fun with it, like so many of us do. The KittyCat community is full of amazing people who can become wonderful friends & mentors.

Welcome & enjoy your kitties!

P.S. I enjoy giving away..or putting some of my special sized cats ( that I will never birth) at a low price so everyone can enjoy them...I don't think anyone minds :-)
I have been breeding 3 years, I do it for fun not for business. I just like to breed unique cats, i do sell some of the boxes, otherwise i'd be loaded up like crazy, but the small income i get does help with buying the food. I just make myself a budget of what i cana nd can't do in cats etc, right now due torl i'm not breedng as much, but hopeflly soon i can get back into it.

Business?

I thought I was just doing this to help Callie Cline get through med school.

Cats do vanish off my shelves once in awhile,

but I just figured they ran away.

(most likely they've figured out the menagerie squisher in my lobby,
Kayla has put out some Japanese snacks, but the cats were not fooled)

Treat KittyCatS as a hobby, use it to meet new and interesting cat fans,
just do it for the entertainment value, and its all good.

But try to make a profit off it? Good luck with that Wink
I have spent loads more money on the cats than I will ever get back out of it and that is quite alright. I enjoy the genetic puzzle and gasp with amazement if my cats give something unexpected, especially when a starter gives me 7-9+1 traits, old or new! If something sells, okay, I have more food and milk to birth more cats and whoops(!), there went any potential income.

It is purely for fun. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's