KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: I wanna Know ~ The Hardest for Newbies or You
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Hi All, (Edited to Add Another Big One for me)

If you not New to the KittyCatS Community, think back when you first came to the KittyCatS Community.

What was the hardest thing or things for you to do or even understand or what ever?

I will Start:
Well I am not New any more. It have been a little over 3 years for me now. But I am still learning things or being updated on things as well as remembering a few things as well. lolol

Let's see If my memory isn't failing me. I guess One Big Thing was understanding how many amazing People are in the KittyCatS Community. [Or atleast what I was bumping into.] Don't get me wrong there were a couple rotten apples, BUT there was just so many Amazing Helpful, Caring and Amazing People I just couldn't understand how so many were in just one Community. I'm Serious. This was a top thing for me. Been in SL on and off for about 9 years now!!! WOW! Just did the Math didn't realize that My 10th Anniversary will be next year til just now !!!!! Heart

The Next would have been learning how the traits go. What can hide behind what and what can not. Still dont' totally understand them hahahaha. Then there was counting traits. Like what was and was not a trait. And I guess the other big thing "for me" was waiting for the boxes hehehehe. I totally didn't want to have to wait lololol. But that is part of the fun as well. But Totally loved that I could vamp up things with some vitamins Big Grin

Edited to add this Figuring out the Vitamins lolol Man I so loved them. But I guess i was too excited about everything it did take me a while to understand what was for what. hahaha

P.S. PLEASE DO NOT Let My or anyone elses post scare you off or any thing like that. See i am still here and STILL VERY MUCH Loving KittyCatS. Shortly any hard spots are smoothed out and all is good. Just relax and have F-U-N ! ! ! Heart All will come to ya.
So Let me know even if it repeats what I or others might have.

Thank You and Happy Breeding and Cuddles Heart
Hugs VeetMesser. I've been breeding KittyCats for about 3 years. The hardest thing for me when I was new would be pricing cats, and how to advertise and sell them, but I've actually gotten worse at this! I never had trouble with counting traits and I quickly learned how to determine what traits were hiding. But yes, figuring out how to price and sell cats seemed tricky when I was new but I still had much more success regularly selling my cats for decent prices back then, when I had little idea what I was doing. I was just basically sticking random cats together and they sold well. Now I put much more careful planning into breeding but sales are rare, I have many theories about why this is, but I can't really put my finger on it. I agree that there are so many amazing and helpful people in the KittyCats community, many of which I've had the great privilege of meeting and knowing.
(09-02-2016 09:40 PM)AstridSolace Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Hugs VeetMesser. I've been breeding KittyCats for about 3 years. The hardest thing for me when I was new would be pricing cats, and how to advertise and sell them, but I've actually gotten worse at this! I never had trouble with counting traits and I quickly learned how to determine what traits were hiding. But yes, figuring out how to price and sell cats seemed tricky when I was new but I still had much more success regularly selling my cats for decent prices back then, when I had little idea what I was doing. I was just basically sticking random cats together and they sold well. Now I put much more careful planning into breeding but sales are rare, I have many theories about why this is, but I can't really put my finger on it. I agree that there are so many amazing and helpful people in the KittyCats community, many of which I've had the great privilege of meeting and knowing.

Huggies Back At'cha Heart
Yep pricing kitties can be pretty ....ummmm..... Wacky LOL! I have had some kitties that I was like Huh That Sold Fast! Go Figure. While others that I LOVE sit. But that all good they were meant to stay for a while or be birthed Tongue
Yessss the always debate over why sales are the way they are. Well many factors at play there always. Never totally predictable.
Yeppers and you are one of those Amazing People yourself Heart
When I first started KittyCats I was very lucky that I was able to get into a kitty cats basics class right away, taught by Liriel Garnet. It was so helpful. Some people have tried to offer the equivalent off and on.

I think the hardest thing was setting out my first cart with cats for sale and then realizing that a) I had no traffic and traffic was a thing and b) the cats were mediocre and they weren't ever going to sell.
But...
It is totally quixotic what sells and what doesn't.
Liriel's classes were AMAZING!!!!! I so so miss them. Everyone was so great there and i so miss her Laugh and personality that she shared with the whole class. Heart I still hear her voice in my ear to this day Heart
The most difficult thing for me was accepting how long it might take to achieve a desired result. But I learned patience. Smile
(09-12-2016 12:46 PM)Deidra Loring Wrote: [ -> ]The most difficult thing for me was accepting how long it might take to achieve a desired result. But I learned patience. Smile

LOOK! Squirrel!
Just throw the ball, already!

Oh, sorry, this is kittycats, not puppydogz.

YARN BALL!!!
Shown or hid.......... the whole saga chart dom recessive thing

it was months of Songdog and my fiance Phil Metalhead
reminding me
and drilling it into my head as i tried to wrap my brain not only around the traits , their position in saga but how they interact ........ shown and hid
tracing that through a chart following the genetics

so glad i get it now
but it's something I still have to think and process
which actually was the most frustrating thing
and now is the thing i love most

that i have to keep thinking
1) That I need to remember that sometimes going shopping is the best solution. If your own box collection provides only poor solutions for what you need right now, go find and buy what you need from someone else.

2) A 50% chance of passing a trait can still deliver sixteen offspring that didn't inherit it. Never assume success.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's