KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: My Sharing of how i Price My Kitties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is My Formula since being asked many times recently. It would take to long to get into great detail to each and everyone of you so I will just send y'all the link to here Heart But know that I Love ya and It is always ok to ask me anything and everything. Angel (edited to add this >> P.S. This post was made not because I'm upset or anything like that. Not at All! This is just a top questioned asked recently. I Love to help just like" I have been helped" many many MANY times. Smile Heart It would take too much time to explain to everyone in detail. So i put it right here so all that want to know can read at their leisure. Heart )

So this is what I do LOLOL Which Might give y'all a headache.

Step 1) Do a Little Math (Or cheat and take a Look at the Notecard i keep of the math) Big Grin Plus take into consideration what I 1st paid for the parents or Grand parents as well as any vitamins that were given to get the box when i did.

Kibble is L$170 for 28 days / by 4 = L$42.50
Milk is L$140 for 28 days / by 4 = L$35

(Side Note: As you see this is done with the 1 pack of kibble not the discounted Bulk Buy. Which most of you do or the 5 Packs. I highly suggest the 20 packs. They don't spoil. Trust you will use them. And a Penny saved "Is" a Penny earned.
2nd Side Note: As I use the Cattery More than inworld when i dont' have land I purchase the 20 packs for the Cattery and the smaller packs for inworld when Low on L$. Don't stress out on thinking you should purchase the 20 packs for InWorld and the Cattery as well.]

So L$77.50 to feed One Kitty Kibble and Milk for 1 week
L$77.50 * 2 (for the Mom and Dad) = L$155
Plus add in the cost for the 1st week with no Milk for Both Parents
L$85 + L$155 = L$240 for that very 1st Box with Milk being used the 2nd week.

10 days without Milk nor Cuddles
L$170 / 28 days = L$6.071428571428571 (o.k. So About L$6 ) * 10 = L$60
L$60 * 2 (for the Mom and Dad) = L$120
Plus add in the cost for the 1st week of still being a Kitten L$85 + L$120 = L$205 is what it cost for that 1st box.

7 Days with Cuddles each and every day and No Milk.
L$42.50 for one Kitty * 2 (for the Mom and Dad) = L$85
Plus add in the cost for the 1st week of still being a Kitten L$85 *2 = L$170 is what it cost for that 1st box.

(*NOTE: This is not including the Cost of the Parents or Grandparents nor the cost of other Boxes not sold or land to keep kitties on or other overhead like Auction fees, Tips, Vitamins (if given), "Your Time" spent on learning about KittyCatS and traits and doing other things like advertising or cost of advertising and more and ect. LOL)

I even have one on the "True Cost of a Menagerie Kitty" and the "Jewels Kitties" LOL! The "True Cost" is TOTALLY not what Most people would think. Getting a Mega For K$15,000 is Not = Equal to L$15,000. It is way way more Higher!
Not Including the Cost of that 1st week and all of the other Cost this is the low ball figure.

Kitties Given Kibble Only to get all the 300 boxes needed:
300 * L$120 = L$36,000

Kitties Given Kibble and Cuddles every day for 30 minutes to get all the 300 boxes needed:
300 * L$85 = L$25,500

Kitties Given Kibble & Milk to get all the 300 boxes needed:
300 * L$155 = L$46,500

Step 2) "Maybe" See what others around me or on other SIMS are pricing the same at. [ P.S. the KittyCatS Web Market at http://www.Kittycats.info helps to be abel to find the same traited kitty or one close to it and TP to it to see what they are charging]

Step 3) Look at the traits and possible Hiddens and even pull out the Saga charts and see where things fall at.

Step 4) Try to do it the old way of L$100 per trait and then go up or down for Rare/New/Old and ofcaorse Dom or Non Dom and ect

Step 5) Maybe think about how many of the traits in the kitty do i already have or are already out there?

Step 6) Then Price the Kitty By how I feel after thinking about all of that. Big Grin LOL
or use a Lucky Number or a Year That something happened that was way kool or important.

Step 7) Leave it for a while and then maybe go back later and change it to something else if it don't sale OR Keep it and Breed it Heart

How I do things will not be the same as the next person or even how you choose to do things. Yes YES YES I talk alot and about the way i do things but dont' let that scare ya. You will find the way that is right for ya. Remember Boxes dont' need to be feed. Please Do take the time to learn about the traits and ect cause you get an AMazing Kitty that you could have sold for a proper price will make up for the ones that didn't sell hopefully but not always the case.
As well as PLEASE look into some form of advertising!!!!!! Just renting a plac and ploping out some kitties and pricing them is not going to get any sold unless you are really lucky. Now i'm not saying pay for Advertising, there are tons of free ways. And i'm not saying to have to Bust your Butt for the Free Advertising neither. There are tons of easy ways to do this. But do Keep in mind you get out what you put in.
Work Smart Not Hard is what I try to figure out Heart

I hope this has been Helpful to some of y'all It sure was a fun Post,

Ok Can't Find the Math on the Jewel Kitties So I will add as soon as I remember what i named it or redo the math. But Computer is being mean to me so i must go for now.
Heart Much Love To All and To All a Beautiful Day! Heart

*~*~*~* PLEASE NOTE (yes lots of notes lol ) SALE PRICES ARE A TOTAL DIFFERENT BALL GAME AS WELL *~*~*~*
My Priced Kitties are a little off right now coming off of a sale as well as still getting my feet wet being out of world for a while. But i will get it together sooner or later.
Reference URL's