KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Ody Slush Dominance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ody Slush is one of those old old eyes that has never been placed. I have been breeding it with Dreampoetz at the Saga site to finally get its dominance worked out. We have a result this morning and I wanted to post it, and I see that there has never been a thread created for the eye.

So: Ody Slush is Recessive to Bronze:

[attachment=5416]

We mated Slushy (showing ody slush) with Mahkah Bronze (showing bronze). They produce a kitten Byzantze who is showing the bronze. When mated with the recessive-eyed ExBreeze Rockland, the hidden eye is pulled: Ody Slush.

We only need to test Ody Slush against Crystal Berry and Canary to place it now.
Slushy is still up at the Saga site and would welcome any male crystal berry or canary partner.
yay! Congrats on Narrowing Ody Slush, Ivy and Dreampoetz!
I just wanted to put an update here. I do not yet have proof on crystal berry versus ody slush BUT...

For an entire month (= 4 kittens) all babies have had the crystal berry shown (suggesting but not proving it's dominance over ody slush).
One birthed kitten, showing the crystal berry, keeps throwing his shown so better luck next week.
Okay the proof versus Crystal Berry finally came through:

[Image: 2dm5hzo.jpg]

Mating Slushy (showing OdySlush) with Burlington (showing Crystal Berry) produces Oliver (who shows Crystal Berry). When mated with a more recessive eyed cat - Edie showing Peach Bellini, they produce Trifoil who shows the OdySlush and must have pulled it from Oliver from behind the Crystal Berry.

Moving on now to Ody Slush versus Canary. That may almost place it, except that I think a test versus Frost is also needed.
Well don,e Ivy! Grats!
Having a quick look at the charts I saw Odyssey Slush was currently being tested against canary. I believe Frost placement may require it to be tested against Odyssey Slush should that eye also prove recessive to canary. Just something to bear in mind, I'll post this across to Frost thread as well. Smile
Yep. My first ody slush versus frost test box should drop in 2 days. Smile
Fingers crossed for a result that helps place it Smile

(11-30-2016 12:13 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. My first ody slush versus frost test box should drop in 2 days. Smile
Cross posting from the Frost thread

Frost eyes were placed a while ago, but the proof pedigree has since been deleted, so I will repost it here

[Image: 65a1cb0c973246ac0a6d30201061cbe5.png]

The day Frost was placed, I bought a male with Ody Slush eyes which I sent to Summerwind for testing against Frost as the placement of Frost requires Ody Slush to be tested against Frost as well

[Image: 8ed2e8390dbccb57a0dd0a40b540bf47.png]

My kitty is 17 days old now, and I wonder if they have had their box yet?
Oh my gosh, I need more coffee. I thought the canary versus odySlush proof had come in.
So far all of my boxes are showing canary. I do not yet have a proof that canary is dom to OdySlush. (I suspect it will be.)
So far all of my odySlush versus frost boxes are showing OdySlush. I do not yet have a proof that OdySlush is dom to frost. (I suspect it will be.)
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's