KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: ARE YOU ADDICTED TOO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ever since I had the firestorm kitty I became so addicted to kittycats. I currently have 49 cats. I sole log in to spend time with my lady and are cats. Kittycats have been the best secondlife experience for me. I was new when I received a firestorm cat. I was hooked rite away.

I remeber going to the store to pick up my starter kitties. Now I shop daily for cats lol and breed all the time. I have found kittycats to be the most active interesting breeding animals on sl. And i love the company as well the community im still new and learning more about the kittycats.

I ask a load of question but im really happy i found this community im not able to have pets in rl but i have always been a cat lover. Growing up i have quite few cats of my own and they are my most perfer pets.

I find it so cool to have that here on sl an to be able have as many as you want. Are you addicted too and when did you first learn about kittycats please share your story i love to read an hear about your kittys too Smile
I'm totally addicted. My current stats:

Total: 148 Cats (♀ 76 ♂ 72) | 1835 Boxes (♀ 918 ♂ 917)

I also started last September with the Firestorm kitties!
Been here since February...

Total: 150 Cats (♀ 72 ♂ 78) | 698 Boxes (♀ 347 ♂ 351)
(08-13-2016 11:52 AM)Ellen Ireland Wrote: [ -> ]I'm totally addicted. My current stats:

Total: 148 Cats (♀ 76 ♂ 72) | 1835 Boxes (♀ 918 ♂ 917)

I also started last September with the Firestorm kitties!

omg one day im going be just like you thats totally kool
i'm addicted too !!!

i started about 6 years ago! and i'm afraid to say how many cats i have! but i will Smile

Total: 1168 Cats (♀ 550 ♂ 618) | 2948 Boxes (♀ 1500 ♂ 1448)

omg!! i had NO clue haha.

glad you all enjoy them! i do too, obviously!
Yeppers ! You caught me i'm totally addicted.

Been here a little over 3 years now. I found out about KittyCatS on a Wrong turn on a LM looking for a store that I knew of a few years before that. That was no longer there. I landed and thought they had just changed the appearance of the place cause it had been years! Well I a saw a few cats out side and things that looked like mice at first. Went in and there were even more. I turned around and saw this huge Kitty in a Cowboy Hat laying on the ground on it's back barely breathing it looked like. I thought it was dying...lol. But these Rainbow kitties i saw every where were so beautiful and I needed to know more!!!!! So i tracked things down and found the Addicts Group [Man was that the purrfect name for it...LOLOL] Well in the group i was asking questions about them and ect. Then i get a message from one of the members of the group [Cricket] with more answers to my questions and i got to see her kitties as well. Then you know what she did ? ? ? ? She gave me a Kitty and helped me learn how to birth it and take care of it. I even learned how to name him. He was named Veeter. Veeter was a Gen Dom Kitty. Man Do I Love him!!! So did My RL Little Boys. One of My Boys said he needed a girl Kitty so off to the main shop we went and we got a starter girl kittyI didn't know no thing about traits or that there were other places to buy kitties and nothing about kitty markets and auctions and everything else. But I knew where to get the food. Cricket took me. That is how i knew where to get a girl kitty. Smile Cricket help teach me a little here and there at first and much more along the way and the rest was History. Heart 1,00s of kitties later and i'm still here. I Love them so much and the KittyCatS Community. I now ofcoarse make houses and beds and collars and gagets and what-notts for the kitties.
It all started with a wrong turn on a TP/LM and the help of My Cricket. Oh and all those Rainbow Kitties!!!!! Man i couldn't' find the place again but man there were alot of them along with the other kitties. Man that was alot of K$$$$$ oh and the ones i thought were mice were not mice they were new born kitties.

This is My totals on my Tigger BounceBounce now i do have more on a couple other AV's but i have no clue how many. Plus recently Sold, Traded, gave away and found new homes for a LOT on this AV.
Total: 55 Cats (♀ 26 ♂ 29) | 181 Boxes (♀ 90 ♂ 91)

Welcome to KittyCatS Heart
Thank you Callie Cline , VeetMesser for sharing you kitty addiction stories. I love talking about the kitties they have became my whole world on sl and its so kool to see im not the only one its really nice meeting you all Smile
Signs that you are addicted:

1. When your partner asks you how many cats do you have, do you

A. Change the subject. Bringing up your latest gacha purchase (hiding an addiction within an addiction)
B. Lie, telling your partner you only have 10% or 25% of your true numbers
C. Get insulted. After all, no one should ask a person their age or their number of cats
D. Tell the truth

2. When budgeting for kibble, do you

A. Justify it by remembering that cat you sold at auction that got a bid war started. Was that last week? No wait! That was four months ago. Oh well, you're putting up a new kitty tomorrow. Surely tomorrow ... dreams of a huge catfight.
B. Balance the books by not counting auction buys, milk, vitamins or store rents. Only cat sales and kibble buys count.
C. Pull out your credit card, rolling your eyes at the word budget. Who does that?
D. Carefully monitor all outgoes and incoming and matching it Linden for linden.

3. On auctions, do you

A. hop from auction to auction. Signing up for auctioneers and groups to IM you whenever one is starting. Search the calendar to ensure that every hour on SL is filled with the sound of kittys for sale. Meanwhile promising yourself tomorrow you'll quit.
B. send money to your alt before going because you are careful with your lindens. Then get into a catfight over a kitty so you transfer the lindens back fast and buy more lindens because dammit! you want that cat and no way is She/He going to beat you.
C. have a cat up on a panel. Then buy three cats costing twice as much because they are sooo pretty and unbelievable bargains.
D. Decide not to go today because you'd rather explore an art sim.

4. On the secondary market, do you

A. wander kitty sims for hours because you've decided to collect all the furs and eyes just to have them in your cattery
B. have 4,000 boxes in your cattery and look at the stores thinking maybe you should sell a couple
C. lm stores to come back to -- then carefully move the lms to the 20 or so folders that you have categorized kittystores into
D. who shops? you have enough cats.

if you answered A, B, or C, you are addicted
If you answered D, I don't believe you. Maybe you did that once but that was a long time ago.
Charm's answers will be different. But *I* say, answering for her:

1) All of A, B and C; never D.
2) All or A, B, and C; never D.
3) C; used to be A; (if you answered B or D you're lying)
4) All of A, B and C; never D

And you forgot question 5

5. When asked if you're addicted, do you

A. point at your partner's link to /r/programming on his desktop and ask who's really addicted to what
B. lay on the couch using your iPhone to access the kittycats marketplace so he can't see over your shoulder
C. have a special tone set up for kittycats emails and text notifications so you know if it's worth getting up for at 4AM
D. admit you did go overboard, once, years ago, and are carefully watching your cat count these days
oooh, special ring tone! Now why didn't I think of that!

uh huh, Tad. Only Charm is addicted.

thinking of the interactions of a few kittycat couples I know, I'll add another one

6. You're not addicted, your partner is because
A. Your previous partner left because they said you'd gone overboard with breeding kittycats but your current partner has twice as many kittycats as you do. Well, maybe they at least have 50% more than you do. You've had that discussion it might be time to cutback because you're bearing the brunt of the kibble costs. But then you decide to open a store together and it's all good. Well, for sure they have more cats than you do even if it's not 50% more. Darn it! they should tell you how many cats they have, even if you won't tell them either.
B. You carefully chart your cats to track their hids and you beg your partner to show you their cat's peds to chart because it is driving you crazy they are haphazardly partnering cats . (and yet they found that new trait -- now is that fair?)
C. You watch the Kittcats Addicts notices and the forum posts so you can keep your partner abreast of the latest news. You are not really interested for yourself even though you post to threads ten times a day.
D. You only have a couple pairs which your partner gave you just because they want you to understand why kittycats is so much fun. You go with them to auctions to keep them company (never mind that you outbid people voraciously, your partner deserves the best cats)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's