KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Nightmare - Abandoned but not forgotten
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NIGHTMARE
[Image: 28486368561_babf1cd96f.jpg]

Poor Nightmare, her owner abandoned her at the Gilman House at Innsmouth. She's now Innsmouth's charity kitty, with the new tenant happy to feed her. But, Nightmare can never be held or cuddled, because her owner simply left her, and everything else, in May, 2016.

Fortunately, Nightmare has people to care for her as best we can.

Don't make SL a "Nightmare" for your kitty and friends. Don't leave your kitty for others to fret over.
AWWWWW!!!! Is there ANY way for KC to transfer her ownership, since her owner left SL? Is there any way for the admins to make exceptions? Surely one of the people who now feeds her would love to cuddle her?
(07-26-2016 12:09 PM)Oselkhandro Resident Wrote: [ -> ]AWWWWW!!!! Is there ANY way for KC to transfer her ownership, since her owner left SL? Is there any way for the admins to make exceptions? Surely one of the people who now feeds her would love to cuddle her?

KC does not transfer kitty ownership that way simply because it would open up a big can of worms over people who might take advantage of the practice in not-so-nice ways.
I know they're just pixels, but look at that little face. I can't imagine anyone just leaving a kitty when there are other options like cattery, or even inventory.
Maybe the owner had comp or connection problems.
Anyway I just wanted to say that it is really sweet of you to look out for the little bundle of sweetness. Smile
(07-26-2016 12:09 PM)Oselkhandro Resident Wrote: [ -> ]AWWWWW!!!! Is there ANY way for KC to transfer her ownership, since her owner left SL? Is there any way for the admins to make exceptions? Surely one of the people who now feeds her would love to cuddle her?

At least they can pet her, so she gets some affection. <3
awww and anyone who does visit sweet little Nightmare, do take a pic for Flickr... and share there, or here? Here's the original image in Flickr, with LM to Nightmare's home... https://www.flickr.com/photos/93271699@N04/28486368561/in/dateposted-public/

Why not just return it to the owner?

Maybe they just left SL on hiatus and will return expecting to find the
cat returned to inventory. A year from now, when they forget where
they used to live they wont be able to track it down.

Or maybe they left it cus its...

POSSESSED BY DEMON KITTEH FROM THE SPIRIT REALM
AND KILLED ITS OWNER BY DROWNING THEM IN THE BAY.

Whether you believe any of this or not, its a good story to relieve your
conscience of this puppet dilemma. Simply return it.

On the flip side, I like the abandoned kitteh requiring charity concept.
In reality its just an RP of sorts, with its not being able to cuddle (awww)
and will never be able to PLAY BALL ( bigger awwww).

If only the poor thing could hobble along on a crutch because of its gammy leg!
Maybe wear an eyepatch!! The possibilities are endless.
Nightmare is at 100% and double hearts, but no owner to give permission for her to breed, poor thing.

The missing owner's profile would certainly play into Winter's suggested roleplay possibilities.

I'm trying to upload some pictures to Flickr .......
Awww, poor thing, it's going to die a virgin and no babies.

To be honest this sounds like my poor first kitty. My first kittybox I ever bought was from a cart. Then in a couple days I started getting messages in chat it was hungry. Thing is I couldn't remember where I opened the box. It is probable I opened it at the cart. Now there is a link under the complaints to it's location. I can't remember then if there was a link then. MIght hae been but I was pretty clueless years ago (and Winter -- if you comment on that clueless comment, I have a frying pan ready to swing!). It got to complaining over 100% hungry. It drove me just about nuts since I couldn't find it. Then I got a message from kc along the lines of you didn't feed your cat so it went to kitty heaven. Still didn't know what that meant but the complaints stopped.

Then years later I got an Advent cat at the KC store (which sold kibble and other cats so I found out it had to eat and could breed). I remember that cat and went searching through my inventory. Sure enough KC had returned it. I popped her out and poor thing was sick. Her health was -20211%! She was like over 1000 days old so she'd been in inventory for 3 years. (I can't help thinking of all the collectible kitties I missed in those years) I nursed her back to health and then permapetted her. She never had a baby, obviously.

I can't help wondering if that owner was like I was.

Thread of my first kitty nursing to health 2-23-14 (I got my Advent kitty 12/25/13. At the time I thought the Advent was my first KC kitty until I remembered Lucy)
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=13803&page=1

[Image: 197f771a18b88f059cec0595122a16b7.png]

looking at this picture --- I think Lucy must have been live when I bought her -- look at her name! I didn't even know she was live! I thought she was a boxed kitten when I got her. Facepalms.
Oh how I wish we could save that kitty!
Reference URL's