KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Want to breed my cat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I'm new to all this KittyKat stuff and I want to breed my cat. Do I have to go out and buy a male, or are there people with males who stud them out? ... or what?

Sylvia
Most people build up their own cattery by purchasing and breeding their own boxes.

Yes, it is possible to find someone else who can mate their cat to yours. It's nowhere near as common. Be sure to clearly define who gets the offspring (you have the female, you'll get the box), and so forth BEFORE partnering. Because it can be more problematic, those who do this generally keep it to close friends and ALTs (if you can't trust yourself, well ..)
thanks for the info, :-)

that's too bad, but I will check out the friends I know that have cats. otherwise I'd have to get some kind of box (and a male cat presumably)?
You can also buy cats on "love tables" -- they have male tables. The cats on the table are generally between 90% to 100% love so you don't hav eto wait so long if your cat is close to 100% love. A number of sims have them, the traits and the prices range quite a lot.

Keep in mind cats cannot breed after 120 days so generally the older ones are cheaper but not always -- depends on traits. Be careful of the cats age. Too close to 120 days and the cat might age out (stop breeding) before you get your box. Generally without milk or hugging, it takes 10 days to get to 100% love (aobut 10% a day).

For a box to pop out, both cats need to be at 100% love, 75% or more happy and not too hungry. If you don't do milk,I'd cuddle both cats once it hits 95% love so that happiness is likely to be over 75% happy when they hit 100% love.
Reference URL's