KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Crystal Sea recessiveness against other Crystals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am separating out the Crystals because we need to get them hammered down. I think by having it clumped people don't know whether their chart helps to establish dominance or not.

I don't have any charts of crystals against crystals -- I thought I did but after searching -- nada.

Everyone -- Please help!

Saga's charts says
CRYSTAL EYES!! (order among them still required:
Crystal Sea > Crystal Dream > Crystal Clear,
Crystal Sun > Crystal Clear,
Crystal Spring ? (All Ltd.Ed.)

I think that means dominance is
Crystal Sea
Crysal Dream
Crystal Clear

as well as

Crystal Sun
Crystal Clear

and Crystal Spring can be anywhere

So I think Sea needs to be tested against Sun and Spring and is already dominant to Dream and Clear. If you think I've misread, chime in. If you have a chart, fling it up here.
Copying Reven's post from Malachite and pasting it here:

Today, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: Today 02:33 AM by Reven Rosca.)
Reven Rosca Offline
Frisky Cat
Given 130 thank(s) in 65 post(s)
RE: Malachite eyes! Post your evidence here!

[Image: b93967e3157f912780da23f288d92408.png]

Mum shows Crystal Sea
Dad shows Malachite
Kitten shows Malachite and hides Crystal sea as the next pedigree proves.

[Image: 8db2ea00520cb59aeb6607ef54789745.png]

Mum shows Malachite
Dad shows dry Olive
Kitten shows Crystal sea, which must be Mum's hidden eye because Dry Olive is known to be recessive to both.

[Image: 5d6d7ffb5372ded324bc94b02ff92b76.png]

Mum shows Malachite and hides Crystal Sea as proven above
Dad shows Crystal Sun
Kitten shows Malachite

This kitten's hidden isn't proved yet, but we will know in a week.

[Image: b06f3daf7f491419f2d2cbec4a7498dc.png]

Mum shows Malachite and hides Crystal Sea as proven above
Dad shows Crystal Sun
Kitten shows Crystal Sun

Crystal Sun is therefore dominant to Crystal Sea
(06-20-2016 05:22 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote: [ -> ]Saga's charts says
CRYSTAL EYES!! (order among them still required:
Crystal Sea > Crystal Dream > Crystal Clear,
Crystal Sun > Crystal Clear,
Crystal Spring ? (All Ltd.Ed.)

I think that means dominance is
Crystal Sea
Crysal Dream
Crystal Clear

as well as

Crystal Sun
Crystal Clear

and Crystal Spring can be anywhere

So I think Sea needs to be tested against Sun and Spring and is already dominant to Dream and Clear. If you think I've misread, chime in. If you have a chart, fling it up here.

Based on today's kitten, the order seems to be

Crystal Sun
Crystal Sea
Crysal Dream
Crystal Clear

and Crystal Spring can be anywhere.

We have one test pair with Malachite shown and possibly Crystal Sun hidden, which would place Malachite dominant to the Crystal eye cluster.

We have also set up one pairing of Crystal Sea against Crystal Spring, and I have a female Crystal Sea up for grabs. Her eyes are probably, but not proven, pure.
Gathering info on the Crystals

Old thread on Crystals
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=9099
see post 5/13/13 by Callie. The special first baby OS of the collection kitties that had the Crystal eyes also could randomly hide Crystal eyes, which created some early mistakes in the very early ratings of the Crystals. They way I interpret this inforamation is these Scrambled Eggs and Wild Flowers special first baby could receive their parents shown or hidden and get a hidden random crystal eye -- if they received the random crystal eye, their shown eye is from one parent and they did not receive an eye from the other parent because they got the random instead. Quoting below from Callie

"The Spring Cats ("Scrambled Eggs" and "Wild Flowers") had the possibilty of carrying the special eyes from the "Costumes" and that would be passed on to their offspring.

Due to a human error that same "chance" was mistakenly also added for the Special offspring, "Deviled" and "Wild Child." (similar to how the Lucky Irish Clover eye was assigned).

So if you are breeding with a "Deviled" or "Wild Child" and see one of the "Crystal eyes" appear out of the blue, this is the reason why. It's like they "got" a "special eye", even if their parents did NOT have it.

As this affects quiet a few cats, and to provide the same chances to everyone, we will not change this, and everyone who still has to breed its special cat will have that same random chance of it getting a "special eye".

We normally don't tell about your discoveries in recessive and dominants, as we know it's part of your fun Smile however, in this case, since this mistake was made, you may want to review your community trait ranking list as this confusion may have led to wrong assumptions with the Crystal eyes."
This is just a confirmation proof. All the other crystal eyes had confirming proofs in 2016 so I figured I might as well finish off one more so it would have a recent proof.

This is a collaborative proof with Doll since she and I made Riston together in a previous proof. Honey dad was her cat; Honey's mom was my cat

Crystal Sea confirmed dominant to Crystal Dream

Mom Tevy shows Crystal Sea
Dad Riston shows Mercury
Baby shows Crystal Dream proving Mom hides it and that Crystal Sea is dominant to Crystal Dream

[Image: 98c6a540140f1debd324dacc7445b74e.png]

Will do a cross-post on Crystal Dream thread
Reference URL's