KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Double Penalty for Sick Cats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone that's had the kitties for a while knows that if you have a cat that hasn't eaten for 3 days that it gets sick and needs 7 days of food or a get well potion before it can be bred again. But it wasn't until a few days ago that I found out that the cat also eats twice the amount of food during those 7 days to get well. I was shocked to hear that & talked with other ppl who also didn't know that the cats ate twice the amount of food during that week's time.

In the last week or so (before I heard that) I'd put about 30 cats into my inventory to save on food costs for a while. These were good young cats & I figured a week or so in inventory wouldn't hurt them. I had no problem with the week of recovery time. But to hear that if I take them out they'll also eat double the amount of food? Those cats will probably never see the light of day again unless I'm sending them to the menagerie which makes me sick since I had no intention of doing that.

I looked all over the manual on the site here & there's nothing about sick cats eating twice the amount of food during recovery time. Isn't a week without being able to breed them penalty enough? Why the double penalty of eating twice the amount of food too? Is that to make people want to buy the get well potions? Do the other breedables do this too if they get sick?
hi Maggy Smile

Cats which are recovering from beeing sick eat the same amount of food as cats which are not sick.

I think many people have somewhere a forgotten cat in their inventory, and should be able to test that, but we are always willing to provide a food test of our own, like we did last time with you Smile

Regards,
KittyCatS
Thanks KittyCats. Smile I'm not sure which CSR said that in chat but others at the time heard it & questioned it too. I never had a sick cat before that I brought back out to heal up so just took their word for it last week. I'm glad to hear that's not the case & that they eat the normal amount of food. Callie & I also talked about it today in IMs so all straightened out now. Thanks!
OMG! Frances is sick and I don't know what to do! He is 50 days old, I think....how did he get sick??? Help is appreciated!
OMG! Frances is sick and I don't know what to do! He is 50 days old, I think....how did he get sick??? Help is appreciated!
Hi Steluna,

If your cat is sick, it's because he got hungry.
You can either feed him during 1 week (he will then remain under his blanket 7 days) or give him a "get well" vitamin for instant healing.

Nen
Reference URL's