KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: MISSING KITTY (and Elder God of Innsmouth)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 25982711216_00d6b442f4_b.jpg]

...sea... sea... that should read "...toss into the sea..."
I think this is a case for the Cat Finder General (aka Kitten Longmeadow). She does after all have enormous experience of locating and returning the Fuzzyone.

Hope you get him back soon.
awww Fuzzbutt's biggest supporter... Thank you, Eleanor... Ticket was filed last eve ;-) Just thought I'd put up the "Missing" post for good measure
I had not been aware of Fuzzbutt's Elder God status. This kind of puts a different light on things. If that's not merely a rhetorical title on account of his being dearly beloved, I have to suggest he may be branching out... Has he been spotted trying to build an altar on the high places? I mean, to outsiders I suppose it might just look like a kitty playing with rocks... but you know... it could be more.
Has he taken up diving to the deep places?
Or maybe he just went to a different dimension - That's probably it.
He always had a great fondness for diving underwater - I know I followed him all over Innsmouth on his pre HPL Festival photo shoot last year. And he has an uncanny knack of positioning himself just over a light source.

[img][Image: 53441h.png][/img]
Yes, Fuzzbutt actually maintains "deity" status! And, for those who wonder.... How Fuzz came to be, and came to be just what he is...

Thursday, January 23, 2014 I was given a kitty box as a gift by a friend who is a breeder (and a lot of persuading that I should have a kittycat... "after all, lighthouse keepers ALWAYS have a cat." I couldn't argue the logic, and chose the nice, simple gray tabby that I thought appropriate to my tastes and such.

At the time, I had a horse stable I had built, and thought, "This kitty could not only be a lighthouse cat, but also a stable kitty." So, I set the box in a stall, put out food and water and waited, and Fardoragh (as named by the system, which means "Darkness" in Gaelic) was born. I liked the name, and found it amusing that the little, dopey-looking gray tabby would have such a fancy name)... and so... he was soon to be also known as "Fuzzbutt".

Come time for the planning and design of the 2014 Lovecraft Festival, I took "Fuzz" to the build site I hosted. The "Festival Office" became his "home and office," and he was given wide range roaming so that he served as the "Festival Manager" of sorts, visiting the builders and vendors who came to the demo site, and then also the actual Festival sim. Fuzzbutt became well known to Festival attendees as "LoveFest's Official Kitty Host."

In October, 2014, Innsmouth, a sim I considered as much "home" as anywhere, was facing sale or closure as its owner/creator had need of giving up the longtime legend. Thus, I decided to make an effort to take over and preserve the village. After much thought, apprehension and such, I moved Fuzz to Innsmouth, making my office there his home, and giving him a wide wander range so that he might become Innsmouth's "official kittycat host" to all who visit.

Almost immediately, friends and Innsmouth fans came to know Fuzzbutt. A few visitors immediately commented to me on how they loved to see him in town, as the "only light in the dark, dreary place." Not only that, but several would actually "strip naked and dancing wildly before the Elder God Fuzzubutt!"

And so, the lowly kittycat born in Darkness, in a lowly stable, rose in stature and presence, becoming "the Light of the World," and ultimately, elevated to "God" status by those who come to know him.

Too, I have been told by Innsmouth visitors on a number of occasions that they saw Fuzzbutt's pic in KittyCatS flickr pages and came to Innsmouth not to see the sim, but to actually seek out and "meet" Fuzz... which touches me deeply... and, when they come to meet Fuzzbutt they also fall in love with Innsmouth.

One of Fuzz's crowning "public moments" comes from Eleanor (above) who organized the Fuzzbutt KittyCat Charity Auction for 2015 Festival, where she, yes, did follow Fuzz around, taking many pics of him, and even "owning" him as he modeled for the event. Incidentally, the event was very much fun, and raised a nice little amount of money for Autism Awareness efforts.

So, once Fuzz is back on the streets of Innsmouth, I would encourage any and all to come meet Fuzz for yourselves. Yes, he's just a plain old gray tabby cat (with a fairly diverse wardrobe), but, he's become one of the most readily recognized names as such, and it's just plain fun. If you've never been to Innsmouth, I pretty much guarantee you won't regret the trip.
Awesome story that, as a new person to Kittycats, I was unaware of. I think I heard someone talking about Fuzzbutt at an auction one time but didn't know the story. That's awesome Smile Hope he's returned soon.
Fuzzbutt returns to Innsmouth! THANK YOU, KITTEN LONGMEADOW!
Sure enough... Fuzz returns to town, and is already hitting on the girls...

[Image: 25990778836_49b5ae0382_b.jpg]
hurry for fuzzbutt LOL!! fun story!! LOVE this communities creativity!!
Reference URL's