KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Range "in parcel" not working consistently
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am encountering an intermittent problem related to cat movement when the range is set to "in parcel".

My land is adjacent to Linden owned land that allows object entry and has a 5 minute autoreturn. All my cats are, naturally, located on my own land and have their range set to "in parcel".

The problem is that every few days one enterprising kitty does set its little paws outside of my land and, apparently, stays on Linden owned land for too long. The inevitable happens: The auto-return hammer smashes down and pounds the poor thing right into my Lost & Found folder! Frankly, dragging out and re-rezzing kitties is becoming a nuisance. Confused

Now the easy work-around, of course, is to forget "in parcel" and to set a circular range well away from the land border. But it would be better to actually fix border detection during movement. Ideally, even the most enterprising kitties crossing the parcel border should return within less than a minute, to avoid the risk of being auto-returned.

PS: While taking a look at this issue maybe you could consider my suggestion re a new range option as well? Wink
Now the easy work-around, of course, is to forget "in parcel" and to set a circular range well away from the land border. But it would be better to actually fix border detection during movement. Ideally, even the most enterprising kitties crossing the parcel border should return within less than a minute, to avoid the risk of being auto-returned.

The circular range isn't working well though either. My cats are ending up in lost and found almost daily in the last few days even though their range is set well within my land's boundaries.
Reference URL's