KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Kitty got lost after detaching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After cuddling my cat I wanted to drop it, but "Drop" option was disabled. So I detached it. But it never showed up in inventory after that! What can be done?

Info: I never had "Drop" enabled in the menu. So usually detaching and rezzing it did work pretty good. Until today Sad

I was using Phoenix viewer so far and detaching did work there, now on Firestorm cat got lost.
Hi Zirrus,

In case the drop option is greyed out, make sure you are wearing the right land tag. This should allow you to drop your cat 99% of the time.

However, now that the cat has been eaten by SL, you can submit a ticket on the support page (you can find the cat's ID# on the pedigree page).
The team will retrieve your cat and send it back to you. Smile

Nen
(01-20-2012 04:45 AM)Nenya Eun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Zirrus, in case the drop option is greyed out, make sure you are wearing the right land tag. This should allow you to drop your cat 99% of the time. However, now that the cat has been eaten by SL, you can submit a ticket on the support page (you can find the cat's ID# on the pedigree page). The team will retrieve your cat and send it back to you. Smile Nen

I already filed a support ticket, and thx for your answer. So wearing the land tag is mandatory dropping, even if using a viewer that sets group automatically to land group when building (like Phoenix and Firestorm do)?
You're most welcome.

Yes, it is mandatory & the best (and only) way to avoid kitties being eaten by SL. Smile

Nen
I do not have a drop option, even in my correct tag.

(01-20-2012 11:56 AM)Nenya Eun Wrote: [ -> ]You're most welcome.

Yes, it is mandatory & the best (and only) way to avoid kitties being eaten by SL. Smile

Nen
Hi Cj,

This also happens now and then ! *Grrrs at SL*

Try :
1- Toggling tags
2- TPing out & back in
3- Relogging :/

Hope this helps !
Nen
I have noticed a problem in dropping kitties.

I often tp from my home sim to my store carrying a kitty. I then change the land group tag so I can drop the kitty, and then position it in my store.

But what happens is that although I have changed my tag while the cat was attached, when it drops, the kitty's rez group stays the same, (unless I remember to change it manually after dropping the kitty.)

It is a very weird glitch, because on most sims, rezzing items is only allowed under the land group, and yet the sim will accept a dropped kitty, even when it is not set to group.

I generally use Phoenix, so I hope that isn't the cause.

This has caused me endless problems, when a cat sits in my store for several days, and I decide to spruce it up with a new collar or hat. The collar box disappears with a message that it has been applied, but the sim then refuses to let the cat re-rezz with the new clothing, due to the wrong group being set. Even correcting the group, and rezzing the cat again does not solve the problem, and the clothing is lost for good. (Usually Support has been able to retrieve it for me, but it is still a nuisance that this happens.)
The group problem is whatever group tag you have on when you ATTACH the item is the group it's set to. Setting the group tag through edit doesn't work properly even on rezzed items. I realized this when trying to rez something from a HUD on group rez only land, I got the can't rez not allowed mesage. So I put on the right tag and still couldn't. Checked what group the hud was set to and it wasn't right it was the last group. Sooo I changed the group to the right group BUT the problem is the objects inside have to be set to the right group ALSO.... So it still wouldn't work until I detached and reattached the hud wearing the correct group tag. It is not possible to change the group setting on the objects inside an object, they take after the object itself when attached or rezzed. The only way around this is to always double check parcel settings AND group tag before rezzing.
Reference URL's