KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: New Australian Mist - Dark Chocolate recessives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Post here your evidence:

Dominant for Abyssinian - Dark Chocolate

[Image: e673cbc5986f1de0787c48484a1839f0.png]

Dominant for Snowshoe Cream

[Image: dc88ef854b6fa26f5f2e483b22c2c837.png]
Cool Reven! Great job. Every chart helps
[Image: 7ec7d3f4314884c8d50f4eb2cb943ccc.png]

This pedigree shows a Blue Mink Tortie baby from an Australian Mist Dark Choc and a Tonkinese Natural Mink
Tonkinese Blue Mink Tortie is known to be dominant to Natural Mink therefore must be recessive to Aus Mist Dark Choc.
To catch back up on individual threads...

Aussie Dark Chocolate is currently within the range of recessive to Aby Black Silver and Dominant to Tonk Tortie, according to the Saga charts.
I currently have an Aussie Dark Chocolate paired with a Pandie Plat at the Saga project.

I also have both male and female breeding age cats who are proven to hide Aussie Dark Chocolate, sitting in wait of potential mates. These would be ideal to start pairing against furs, to work towards narrowing the range and getting the Aus Mist Dark Chocolate placement finalized.

If anyone has a breeding age cat whose fur falls within the range, who would like to pair it with one of my test cats, please contact me in world. TY!
Also sharing this proof against Brit fur... since neither are absolutely pinned down yet (though we know the BritSH C&W is Dom to Bali Lilac):

Proof that British SH C&W is Dominant to Aussie Dark Chocolate...

[Image: fk2OpHb.png]
Congrats on your baby! A proof for both Aussie Dark Chocolate and British Shorthair Cream & white. i've updated the summer placement fur thread (although I think you had them on 7/26 since I show it updated on that day)
AM-DC recessive to Tonk Champagne

[Image: c353e963631618b469e8c9b36be728d6.png]
Congrats on the cute kitten, Alassariah. Smile

Just as a reminder though...
Aussie Dark Chocolate is currently within the range of recessive to Aby Black Silver and Dominant to Tonk Tortie, according to the Saga charts.

So there isn't need to repeatedly test mate it against furs outside of that range, since those relationships are already known by default. Tonk Champagne falls well above Aby Black Silver on the D/r charts so would of course also be Dom to Aussie Dark Choc by default.

Thank you so much for wanting to help & for sharing information. Perhaps test mating your lovely Aussie against a fur that falls within the known range might be a possibility?
I posted, deleted, reposted, second guessing myself. Shy Sometimes when I'm looking at the lists, I completely miss traits I know are on there, like Aby Black Silver today. HuhRolleyes I used to not post until my second day off in a row. Big Grin

I have Foxie Cocoa Cream live. Yeah, that will work. Idea Thanks!

(08-02-2016 06:42 AM)HappyDaize Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the cute kitten, Alassariah. Smile

Just as a reminder though...

So there isn't need to repeatedly test mate it against furs outside of that range, since those relationships are already known by default. Tonk Champagne falls well above Aby Black Silver on the D/r charts so would of course also be Dom to Aussie Dark Choc by default.

Thank you so much for wanting to help & for sharing information. Perhaps test mating your lovely Aussie against a fur that falls within the known range might be a possibility?
Oh no worries.. extra info re-confirming things is always welcome too, as sometimes there have been errors in the charts.

And woot! Yes a test mating against Foxie Cocoa & Cream will potentially help with placing both of those furs. Smile

Looking forward to seeing what they produce for you. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's