KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Glow in the Dark Balinese
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have two Seal Lynx Balinese cats. The male looks normal, but the female appears to glow in the dark and the fine grain of her fur is impossible to see. Any explanation for this?

Jillian
Check her shade.

If the glow is too much for you, and you're running view like Firestorm, you can adjust the intensity.
She's non-edit, of course, so how do I adjust the intensity for her and not the entire sim?
Ah. You can't. All you can do is reduce the glow multiplier (for all of SL, not just the sim).

If it's just one cat, and not others with the shade and the same or similar fur, then you could look for a light source nearby and either move her or the light.

Other than that, well, best you can do is ignore the issue, or breed to avoid the shade you don't like.
If you set your WL Sky in Analu Studio 7 o 8 will see all perfectly Smile

Quick Preference:
[Image: 07043e4a9eb085ec09b9d43d4c76c9cf.png]

here there are all the shades on the same fur, so you can see how they looks different on the same cat!
http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=23028
Yea sorry ahead of time and just my opinion. Most likely the shade on the cat is Glitter. On any lighter colored fur its horrible. It glows extremely intensely bright to the point where details in the cat are lost. On dark fur's it can look really good. I would most likely try to avoid using that shade if possible. I know I do thought it seems to be very prevalent with breeding.
you can go to your preferences and adjust the glow setting in the render tab. make it 2 and it should make it not so glowy. or 1. Smile it helps a lot. Smile good luck!
Yay! Yes, she is "glitter" shade, and I turned down the rendering glow and she looks much better now. Thank you everyone

SHADES!!! Booooooooooooo!

The absolute worst of the nine traits!

And GLITTER, omg GLITTER! ~throws stuff around the room~

And don't get me started on ILLUME on a white Russian!

You can turn down your rendering glow, but...
IM STILL GONNA SEE YOUR NIGHTLIGHT CAT SHINING THROUGH THE WINDOW,
AND ITS GONNA KEEP ME AWAKE!

If I want to dunk my cats in car wax or stuff a halogen bulb up their behind,
give me a menu item to click! Whyyyyy does it have to be bred in?????

Rant over Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like 'em. Put a couple wings and a halo on your white glowy kitty and they are awesome angel kitties! And they work great as mobile lamps at night outdoors, lol It's kind of cool to have kitties you can see at night wihtout turning the lights on. Ghost kitties! perfect for a haunted place (I also love the Addams family, lol)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's