KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Forum Posting Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

If you (as I have) had problems using the enhanced features on the Forum, I've found a solution thanks to an in depth discussion with Kittie Ooodles (may she be blessed) and help from other CSRs.

I was never able to write posts wherein I could choose a font, text size, bold, underline, colour, [/size][/font]etc.

It turns out that Firefox, my default web browser does not support those options.

It was suggested that I try Google Chrome (which I hate for security reasons) or Internet Exploder (even worse). The following final suggestion works!

Assuming you're using Firestorm, navigate to Preferences / Network & Files. Select 'Use built-in browser for all links'.

Firefox is still my default browser but when I want to post to the Forum, I click on a cattery dock, choose 'Cat to SL', 'Go to page'. Once there, I navigate to the Forum and create my post.

All the text options work!

Kjerstin Resident
Why not just install an 'open with' extension. Back when I used Firefox, I had an extension which I could right-click on any link and chose any of my installed browsers (I have a half dozen or so) .. it was quite handy.
Reference URL's