KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: New Gacha's 7,8 & 9T kitties donates 25% to P2P Foundation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set up two new Gacha's that donate 25% of their proceeds to P2P Foundation.
https://gyazo.com/09838f9011db72574785a737b04542e0

You can find them here:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tilsit/109/199/27

and here:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Th.../121/17/21

If you click the speech bubble you should get a bunch of information about the organization. I thought it was a good way for me to give back to the community that has given so much to me. You can get a decently traited kitty and help others at the same time! Only the purple ones with the chat bubble split the profit for donations.

PIXEL TO PIXEL FOUNDATION: ABOUT US

The Pixel To Pixel Foundation (P2P) was established in 2009 to enhance the Second Life experience for people living with disabilities.

Second Life is a lifeline to many people with disabilities. Some (such as those who suffer from severe depression) may live in social isolation, and SL keeps them connected with others in the outside world. Other people may have physically disabling conditions, and SL allows them the virtual experience of full mobility, and even gives them wings to fly.

The P2P Foundation, which exists only in SL, gives direct financial assistance in the form of weekly Linden-dollar stipends to people on disability -- that is, those who are supporting themselves solely on disability assistance program benefits. Participants can reside in any country, and their disability assistance can be either from their government or from a private disability insurance company.

Donations to the foundation go directly to recipients, hence the name, Pixel To Pixel (avatar to avatar). The amount of the stipend is L$500 per week, which is equivalent to about US$2 per week in real life. This amount may seem trivial to someone who has regular income from a paying job, but for a person on disability who may have very little money to spare, it can make a real difference for their quality of life in SL. As one participant so succinctly put it, "two dollars for me means a loaf of bread for a week." The weekly stipend from P2P may enable a participant to rent an apartment or shop, for example, or take photographs or upload textures in SL. Occasionally, the P2P Foundation also gives discretionary grants for participants to start a business or pursue a major creative project in SL.

Some donors give weekly (or monthy) and directly sponsor one or more participants. However, any and all donations are always gratefully accepted. Donations go into the Sponsor Fund, which supports the majority of participants in the program. We also welcome you to give of your time in helping to spread the word about the foundation or by placing one of our Donation Kiosks at your place of business.

Also, P2P Foundation's Pixel Gallery features works by artists with disabilities. It is located above our headquarters location at Clairehaven. The exhibit currently features works by Winter Nightfire, Zen Arado, Ronin1 Shippe, and GeorgiaStar Chau. Come and see!
Another new gacha location, remember every time you buy a cat, you help out out our own community in Second Life
Reference URL's