KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: I know this isn't a new topic....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
But I just want to say this...

I understand needing to keep prices reasonable when you have a lot of cats to sell. But I take personal issue with people who are selling new and very recessive traits for 300L. If you want to breed 400 cats so you can be the first one to discover something or get the best cat before everyone else, don't make the rest of the market suffer by selling cats that should be retaining their value at 1000L or more. Some breeders are just starting to get cats as well treated as this because we don't breed 200 of the same fur. And if these people are selling them for 300L what is the point. Its just wrong in my opinion. People who over saturate the market then kill the value of the traits should be boycotted.

I understand needing to clear out kittys, and I can even understand selling lower than 300 for kittys that have been around for some time and who are not 9t or well traited. But when making money takes over your morals perhaps it is time to do something else instead of breeding kittyCats.

Menagerie them. Keep them in your Cattery for a while. You certainly don't need to destroy the market by getting rid of 50 9t new and recessive traits for 300L . Seriously?? Blue Marbles with Puff/Posh Latte Retired tails and ears??? really?

I'm all for selling off kittys that are underbred...trip mist for instance...but I dunno. My heart just sank when I came across this. It's a travesty. Utterly shameful.

Perhaps its time for Sim owners to band together and do something about this?? I honestly am at a loss for words other than I'm very very disappointed.

I for one have stopped buying 9t well traited cats for under 5 to 800 lindens and even that is a steal.

I know I've said a lot but honestly I'm baffled... just why???

WOW.

DD
I just wished that people would talk directly to the seller that has offended them instead of re-hashing this topic in public - I mean after all we want to keep things peaceful
It is a free market there is just nothing we can do nor should we want to.
(10-11-2015 02:15 AM)Dimpz Morane Wrote: [ -> ]I just wished that people would talk directly to the seller that has offended them instead of re-hashing this topic in public - I mean after all we want to keep things peaceful

This is not just about one person...that was just an example. This is generally over the board. I see this all the time...new and recessive furs for next to nothing. We as auctioneers get cats up on panel that should be selling for much higher prices but if someone can walk over to one of MANY stores that has cats out for cheap like borscht it makes it impossible to sell any cat for what its worth.

I wish people would stop jumping to conclusions about what I meant... Perhaps you don't know whats going on in my brain Dimpz...Perhaps you don't know exactly whom I was referring to and perhaps its because it was not just one person.

DD
(10-11-2015 07:28 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote: [ -> ]It is a free market there is just nothing we can do nor should we want to.

I disagree entirely...obviously. There needs to be some understanding between breeders...kittycats people in general. We for the most part 95% of us sell our kittys, and we should be able to agree GENERALLY what a cat is worth especially when it is newer and recessive or rare and retired.

I am all for live and let live, except when it affects and ENTIRE group of people. When you are doing no harm...fine do your thing...when you are affecting a huge market or a huge group of sellers then its our moral obligation to be considerate of the other people in that group. It's a form of disrespect when we don't.

DD
As for peace. I agree Dimpz. Peace is something that is created in ourselves. I am peaceful. I had something I needed to say. This is a FORUM after all and it is about expressing ourselves. This is not something I am bringing up to name one person. I was at an auction last night which is very popular and has had a following for many years. I have been going to it for almost a year now and I have watched as the value of Kittys when they are released skyrocket and immediately plummets. It was not like that a year ago even. There was a general consensus to keep the value of the cats as high as possible for as long as possible. This isn't about disturbing the peace. This is about in my opinion a moral obligation we all have to continue to keep the value of a cat reasonable. What is the use of auctions, or selling a cat even if there is no market whatsoever to do it in. If the decline has been such that a breeder who has been breeding for a year and a half notices the difference at a tremendous rate, then the decline in general is much greater and it is do to overbreeding and underselling. That oweness needs to be with the breeder. You don't just screw other people over because you have decided to breed MASSIVE amounts of the same kitty literally cloning them over and over. If that is your technique then so be it but be courteous to the many who don't. Thats all I am saying. Find another way to deal with the excess in your cattery other than flooding the market with underpriced kittys and throwing it off balance.

Also I might point out. If you want to keep the peace, then if your comment is not relevant to topic then perhaps you should not comment. If you are one of the enmass breeders then perhaps you should take this as an example and take it to heart. Thats all.

DD
I think that it is illegal in the USA for merchants to collude to set prices (Ricco Act).
Dei you assume too much, really.
Like I mentioned before - take it to the people who cause you offense - my IM box is open if you wanna take up anything with me.

But to constantly re-hash all this - really does affect the peace within the community - especially at a time when new members are joining and lovely new collection has just come out.

All comments are relevant to any discussion - just because YOU don't like it, does not mean they do not have value.

My curiosity is peaked now, interested in seeing how your topic is going to change the pricing.
A cat is only worth what the buyer will pay , sometimes its high and sometimes its low , each person has there own likes and dislikes , what you considering paying say 3000 lindens for others will only consider paying 1000 lindens ( this is an example )
Having been in Kittycats since the start ( not always on this avatar I may add ) this is a ongoing topic which always causes issues , when really we all want the same to breed , sale , buy kibble and survive , no one can dictate prices the market goes up and down . always has , always will .

Kitty cats is a fun community and some times that is forgotten , there is no right and wrong really . just different perceptions .
I don't think I EXPECT anyone to change. I just wanted to say how I felt because after all it is a public forum. Again as an auctioneer it is disheartening to see kittys selling for less and less especially when so much time and effort have gone into breeding them. It really is an art to breed a couture kitty, as it were. I have not been around since the beginning, like some, but even when speaking to those who have, they confirm what I am seeing...the pricing is changing much faster this past year specifically then it has in the past. And yes Poison, the new kittys have come out...a great collection I might add, and again we will have new traits to enjoy finding and breeding, and I only hope that we can hold on to some of the pricing a little better. Newly retired traits help with that as well. Once easily found now some of these traits will be a little harder to come by and perhaps more coveted.

I don't think I assume too much Dimpz. You are the one who assumed I was referring to one specific person and I corrected you because I was not. This is en mass not just one specific person which you seem to figure it is. If the shoe fits wear it if it doesn't kick it off. I think it will always be an ongoing topic, and I suppose it may never really change but sometimes people just need to have a voice. Everyone needs a voice every once in a while. I don't think I was rehashing anything. And we are free to chose to read what we wish to on here. If the topic is bothersome to you avoid it. For me it gave me piece of mind to write it. So each to their own...as you are all saying with pricing. We all have a different opinion, it doesn't make mine wrong because I disagree with you, nor does it make you right. I think the only person on here that has been specifically pointed out here is me. I wasn't writing this to create a debate I was writing it to say what I think to be true.
And as a matter of fact I actually have seen some change in pricing since this was written which has made me incredibly satisfied. If I affect even a small portion of the market it's made a difference in MY opinion...which again I am entitled to.

DD
Like I said you assume too much - you state that I think you are referring to one particular person - WRONG period!
(10-11-2015 04:21 PM)Dimpz Morane Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said you assume too much - you state that I think you are referring to one particular person - WRONG period!

You seem so very angry Dimpz... this isn't directed to anyone if you understand that then why ask me to go to the people i am referring to? Anyway...you have a nice day.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's