KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Curiousity is Killing this Cat !!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I look around the Auction Schedules and I see alot of Late afternoon Slots taken, but then I look at these Morning slots and Nothing is taken. So with that being said My Curiosity is Killing me!

Im taking a Poll .... a Simple yes or no will do as a response ...

Who Prefers Morning Auctions Over Afternoon?..
Do You All think That Switching My Auction time from Afternoon to Morning to be better for the community?...

Let me Know What you think
Vamps !
xoxoxoxo

Auctioneer
The Kat Shack..
I vote for more "morning" auctions.

The high number of auctions in the late PM SLT has puzzled me for a while.
Take a look at this graph from http://etitsup.com/slstats which shows the current online SL users in real time (Screenshot below, follow the link for real time)

[Image: 45a0b010fbe2686d728b20c7cdc1f2bb.png]

The number of concurrent users online is at noon SLT, which equals 20.00 (8PM) GMT on the graph, while the regular auctions don't start until the number of users is in a steady decline.

I never see the front side of noon.

Actually Im rarely in SL before midnight E.S.T.

So the only auctions Ive seen were after the witching hour!
I'd like to see some morning auctions also.
For awhile this year, Marissa Cloud was running a Friday morning auction. I attended. But attendance was thin. Ultimately she moved her auction to a later time slot. The morning was better for me personally.
Thank you all for your input .. i must agree the morning Auctions do seem to go better for alot of Sl .. Including myself so with that in light ... I have decided to do a Tuesday 930 ... Cat & Coffee Show at The Kat Shack

Tuesday 930am Cat & Coffee Show at The Kat Shack

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lafew/41/21/1129

I hope that you can all make it.
Thanks
Vamps
Xooxoxoxo
I'm thinking that part of the issue is that the people who are done with work in the SL morning are people who aren't English speakers, and may not attend English-speaking auctions. I can do it because I have work that flexes and I generally do work in the U.S. evenings.
well I have found that alot of Germans, English, Irish and older Americans tend to Like Morning Auctions since it frees up there afternoons, evenings and nights. I hope that 930 Am will work for everyone. As for myself I am a disabled American and for me Its much easier than nighttime considering I take medication and therapy later in the afternoons.
I think part of it is time diffrense. With SL time being in PST and alot of people on the east coast US and other areas of the world, afternoon seems better. This goes for every event in sl as well.
(10-07-2015 09:13 AM)Vampiress Solo Wrote: [ -> ]So I look around the Auction Schedules and I see alot of Late afternoon Slots taken, but then I look at these Morning slots and Nothing is taken. So with that being said My Curiosity is Killing me!

Im taking a Poll .... a Simple yes or no will do as a response ...

Who Prefers Morning Auctions Over Afternoon?..
Do You All think That Switching My Auction time from Afternoon to Morning to be better for the community?...

Let me Know What you think
Vamps !
xoxoxoxo

Auctioneer
The Kat Shack..
I'm in the UK so SLT afternoon auctions are very late for me even early afternoon ones can be rough as although they start early its getting late here by the time they finish. SLT evening auctions are absolutely out as its early hours of the morning here. I love Yasminas 10am quickie on a weds, as its a quickie its doable at what is dinner time for me. would love to see some earlier well attended auctions but its hard for those that work to make them. 11am onwards seems very clogged with auctions that run for hours. I'm definately an advocate of the 45 min - 1 hour 8-10 panel auctions anything longer is simply too much to fit in in the early evening with RL and and a family.
I have noted a trend towards longer auctions with more panels and wonder how its sustained. I don't attend because its just not feasible for me.
I know everyone has their opinion on what auctions should be and thats just my thoughts, no one is wrong, no one is right except in what they themselves are able to manage. I love auctions but don't have the time or inclination to attend multiple long auctions daily so I pick the ones that suit my RL commintments and if I get a TP and I'm free I'll pop along to others and hope the auctioneers aren't offended if I leave again after a few panels.
Reference URL's