KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Halloween Collection 2015 - Special sizes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

I'm two and a half years in Kittycats, and I would like to expose an analysis I did on the kittens collection of special sizes.

Two years ago, the KC system allowed us to find a higher amount of kittens special collection size than nowadays. People could buy your 10/20 boxes and get your kitten special size.

Since I am a 'miner of new traits', and I work in this area, and my biggest fun is to test the cats started, I usually buy perhaps a greater amount than most people.

When I went into KC, the new collection was Easter 2013. So I can only speak what happened this date forward.

Then, from Easter 2013 to 'Halloween 2014, the amount of special sizes were found really good. Fun to find some Megapuss, teacups and others.

Two important points about this:
1) it was a motivator for people to buy more kittens directly from KC, and try to hit the jackpot.
2) This is a gande portion of sales in the secondary market.

On both sides people earn.

Well, something happened in the KC system during Haloween 2014 collection, is affecting precisely area. (I do not want to get into that).

So with the corrected system, came the new collections: Christmas 2014 Valentines 2015 and Easter 2015. And what can be seen was a disappointment all around. Some friends bought more than 100 boxes and 100% of the cats have come with normal size. My Christmas kittens 2014 was disappointing. 100 boxs and 2 different sizes (Toy, Petite).

Then came valentines, and I thought, ok. I had bad luck in the previous collection. I'll try again. and, again, all the letdown. Box 100 in total. 100 cats normal size. Well. If the system has changed, and I know it was really not worth buying large quantities. Next collection, I will buy only the amount that I will open. Then came Easter 2015 and bought 54 boxes and 54 cats normal size. grrr

I am writing this to ask / alert KC, you can correct this problem of special sizes in collection of cats for Halloween collection in 2015.

The Kitty Cats only win.
1) more sales boxes directly in the store.
2) a great help and breath to the secondary market.

I would like to hear other minds, what they think about this.

a big hug

Fabio
My own stats are more like one special size in 20 - which I think is on par for stats on specials at all times of year. I got a petite and 2 teacups from those Collections (no megas). It's a much smaller data set - I didn't buy more than 20 cats per collection.
Statistics wise, the average number of collector kitties I buy is 14 over all. I bought about 16 Halloween 2014 kitties and I didn't get any sizes. I bought 12 Christmas 2014 kitties and I got 2 sizes: megapuss and teacup. For Valentine's, I went crazy, so I bought about 20 kitties and I got 3 sizes: 2 teacups and 1 bigger de big. For spring, I only bought 10 kitties and no sizes at all. I like teacups so getting teacups for collector kitties is a bliss.
Like you fabioazevedo, I bought a lot, all collections, to have only normal size.

I'm a "little tired" by the random
GK
It's very random. I didn't get any sizes with Halloween 2014 or the winter collection 2014. But I bought about 100 vday cats and didn't get sizes then I tried once more for 2 I got a mega and teacup and I also had a mega special baby born. I do think it's just very random.

Spring I bought about 12 and no special sizes.
Is it your impression that the special editions return fewer special size kitties than standard starters?
I also wonder how many special size offspring your cats have in general compared to normal sized ones. Are any of the sizes rarer than others?
Oh well, I seem to be batting a hundred on non perky posts. lol I know I am going to burn for this. lol

I had been breeding for a loooooong time and never got sizes with collection kitties. Before I left I got a mega special born kitty. (not a collection kitty) And since I came back I got a mega Irish, and for the vday special babies I got a teacup and petite. Those are the only special sizes I have ever gotten.

There are those who buy hundreds of starters in the hopes of getting a mega, toy, or teacup, since these are the most desirable sizes. And even after I had bought my budget of collections, had gone back here and there and bought a few more in the hopes of getting one of those sizes. (not since I came back though, because I know from past experience not to get my hopes up or waste my money)

Two bad effects of over buying collection starters in the hopes of getting sizes are....the secondary market gets flooded with these over bought collection starters....and two, many new traits that could be in those over bought boxes collecting dust on shelves, could be hiding new traits that don't get found, or don't come out till much later.
I purchased 100 boxes in the Christmas 2013 collection (all the Naughty Cats) and only received 2 of the rare furs and NO special sizes. After that I no longer buy more then I will open and have only perched 4 boxes of each set (2 male, 2 female)
I was a collector investor also when the extra sizes were introduced and I never saw a difference in randomness.
I bought serious amounts.

Somtimes I had two or three sizes right after each other and somtimes long sequences nothing.
Pretty much how random works I think.

P.S. My joys were always toys and teas.
When the mega was new I prefered a mega but not anymore.

Yah, I've scored a size here and there in the collector editions,
and for me, the past year or two has been a MEGA drought catwise...period.

What we need to hear is from the folks who got six mega's in a row,
that balance out this sad math!

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's