KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie question on building love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it only the first 30 minutes per day of cuddling that counts for building love points?
At a Kittycats lecture, they said to make it 32 minutes to be safe -- maybe due to lag because the kc server has to be notified of your holding?

24 hours after hte 32 minutes, you should see a sudden 4% bump in love

At the same lecture, they also suggested to recuddle the kitties before the 24 hours is over which suggests to me that everytime you cuddle for 32 minutes that it retriggers the bump for the next 24 hours -- you'll still see the 4% bump but you'll have to wait the 24 hours between bumps.

If you feed them milk, the bump works differently -- instead of one lump 4% bump at the end of 24 hours, you'll see an added 4% spread throughout the day so you'll see an added 1% every 6 hours.
Thank you!

(09-16-2015 03:23 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote: [ -> ]At a Kittycats lecture, they said to make it 32 minutes to be safe -- maybe due to lag because the kc server has to be notified of your holding?

At the same lecture, they also suggested to recuddle the kitties before the 24 hours is over which suggests to me that everytime you cuddle for 32 minutes that it retriggers the bump for the next 24 hours -- you'll still see the 4% bump but you'll have to wait the 24 hours between bumps.

If you feed them milk, the bump works differently -- instead of one lump 4% bump at the end of 24 hours, you'll see an added 4% spread throughout the day so you'll see an added 1% every 6 hours.
Ellen, you can always cuddle them more anyway, and it always seems to help their happiness.

(09-16-2015 03:23 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote: [ -> ]At a Kittycats lecture, they said to make it 32 minutes to be safe -- maybe due to lag because the kc server has to be notified of your holding?

Thanks, Kayla. I thought they just gained the love faster, but all throughout the day. And that the difference is when they get the "buff". I do know that the 30 minutes can be in more than one session, spread out over the day, but I'm not sure how the timing is calculated then. If you wait over 24 hours to cuddle again, you lose the "buff" for the time until you cuddle them again. (Their happiness symbol is solid if they have it and clear if they don't.) Since my schedule is all over the place but I can usually be on a lot, I usually try to cuddle once in the morning soon after I log on and once in the evening before I log off. Even if I don't get in a full 30 minutes each time, I am good! If I skip one of them, I sometimes wind up like the other night... I'm ready to cuddle them and then go to bed, but they are all asleep with 2% - 3% energy and their smiley faces are clear! Ooops!
The Love buff is either off or on; the amount of cuddling only determines how long the buff stays on. It's like a gas tank; overfilling the cuddle tank does not make the tank bigger, the extra simply doesn't count. You can tell if the Love buff is active if the Happiness symbol is white. "Milk face."

I haven't paid any attention to how the Love is gained, so I can't comment on that.

I have observed when dashing in late that 30 minutes of cuddling gets you about 24 hours and 5 minutes of the buff. So, calling that 24 hours, if you break up cuddling over the day, five minutes of cuddling equals four hours of buff. I suspect the cat checks into the server every five minutes. I typically cuddle my cats for ten minutes or twenty-five minutes. Because I'm not watching the seconds, I give it one extra minute; so if I cuddle for ten minutes, I actually cuddle for eleven.
Thank you!
I hadn't noticed that there was a difference in the way the happiness symbol displays (solid versus clear). I appreciate it.
(09-16-2015 11:06 AM)Ellen Ireland Wrote: [ -> ]Is it only the first 30 minutes per day of cuddling that counts for building love points?

Cuddling increases Happiness. Love increases at a faster rate when Happiness is 75% or greater.

When Happiness is less than 75%, Love increases at a rate of 0.4166%/hour

When Happiness is 75% or greater, Love increases at a rate of 0.5952%/hour.

That is, 7 days when "happy" and 10 days when "unhappy" to Gain 100% Love for breeding.

When you cuddle a kitty, Happiness increases every time the server samples and revises the cat's statistics. That interval varies depending on the KC server load, but is usually around every 8 minutes. When you start to cuddle it makes no difference when the server checks on your cat - you could see Happiness increase in 1 min or 10 mins. Happiness seems to increase about 2-3% per sampling period, so there is no need to cuddle for a fixed time each day. About 30 mins of cuddling will get the Happiness in the 90% region usually - but it all depends on where the happiness was when you started.

I've never heard of a 24 hour lag in Happiness - cuddling produces results within minutes, and once Happiness is 75% or greater, then Love also increases at the higher rate shown above.

You can also increase Happiness while your kitty is sleeping. That is important because it needs to sleep to increase Energy. You increase Happiness with a sleeping cat by Petting it. Since you can Pet a sleeping MegaPuss, that is another way to increase their happiness. When a Mega is awake you can only Ride it to increase Happiness. Or spend more money to feed it Milk, like all other KittyCats.

All of this only applies to cats raised In-world. If you use the Cattery you are forced to buy Milk in the Cattery to increase Happiness and indirectly, the Love rate.
I agree cuddling and milk increases happiness within minutes. But how quickly love is added depends on whether you are cuddling or doing milk. They do it as 2 different systems and the two don't accumulate together. I've done both where I have inworld cats get milk and my online cats I bring inworld to cuddle for 32 minutes. You get the bump from cuddling in a lump not bit by bit like milk. For example, the cuddling cat will be at 95% love and I'll go away for an hour or two and it will be at 99% because the bump hit in a lump. That never happens with the milk cats--they get theirs gradually. It all comes out the same -- just applied in a different way. This was also spoken of in a KC lecture which when I heard it made me realize that when I noticed the difference previously was not just SL craziness but an actual difference in how KC does it.
(09-20-2015 03:17 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote: [ -> ]I agree cuddling and milk increases happiness within minutes. But how quickly love is added depends on whether you are cuddling or doing milk. They do it as 2 different systems and the two don't accumulate together.

Yes, they are two different systems as you say. I never used milk once a cat reaches 100% Love. If it is in the Cattery, I bring it in-world where it does not have access to milk. Then, to get the happiness over 75% for breeding, I either cuddle or pet the cats.

I have always had the impression that petting or cuddling works faster than milk. And as I said, the happiness increases every server check cycle by from 2-4% when cuddling. That's another reason I never waste milk just to get them over 75%.

But I have not got my stopwatch out and timed the happiness rate gain for cuddling vs milk. I guess I can do that experiment to see if cuddling is really faster.
I think cuddling is faster in gaining happiness than milk -- I also cuddle if I bring them in world and they are at 100% love and under 75% happy. To be clear there is no lag in gaining the happy % that you see in the extra 4% added love.

But we are also talking about the love gain before you are at 100% love. You get 10% love gain a day or something like that for sure -- the bump from cuddling or milk adds 4% or something like that. But how that extra 4% love per day is added is different.

I change my pairs often to uptrait so it happens 1 cat is at 65% love and the other is at 85% love. So I will cuddle the 65%love each day or give it milk and not the 85% love one so it can catch up faster. At the end of the day with either cuddling or milk you get that 4% bump. But 6 hours into the day you'll see a little increase with milk that you don't see with the 30 minutes cuddling because the cuddling love gets added later -- it's like an installment payment versus getting paid all at once Either way you get all the money, just a different payment plan.

It only makes a difference at the end. Ex: if you're at 97% love, giving milk will get you to 99% love faster than cuddling due to the gradual increase versus total addition. Unless, of course, you're at the 24-hour mark and then bang, you'll turn around and be at the 100% love mark because the 4% just got added. That's the only time I've seen it make a difference if you're down to that last bit of love gain and how close you are to the 24 hour period for the cuddling. I don't know if that cuddling 4% gets added at a specific time or if it's 24 hours after the 32 minute cuddle so the time would vary person to person. It seems to me I'd see that total 4% bump in the early AM hours but it could be the way I was cuddling. Not sure. I should ask that next time I go to the KC Q&A.

I was a little sad they cancelled the 4pm 9/20/15 Q&A. I don't go often but the Q&A is cool, I often learn something unexpected. Sometimes a friend goes and I learn the best bits from them after. They answer questions from newbies to advanced breeders so it's usually a gamut. There's a lot of subtleties that are not in the manual. Plus the times I went they gave out free prizes after -- I love freebies.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's