KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Some thoughts about The Grid-Wide AuctioN Calendar for KittyCats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The calendar is supposed to be for the community and not for you market owners/ employees.
Why don't you understand the community wants to have fun: breed, greet, chat and share the furballs hobby we do not need/ want this Undecided

I think both the calendar should be up to date and ofcourse it has to be within reason with people's/ auctioneer's real life taken in consideration.
This only makes sense because a calendar which doesn't hold this into acount is unreliable.
I can live without a calendar though.
And also I prefer my objective resources not to be from one or the other market they hate each other too much and way too much is going on between them, sadly.
This post is not about market hatred or market wars. It is about the calendar, and the auctioneers, and practices that will affect them. It involves market representatives because we are the ones who have to help the calendar be updated. However if there is a new practice, such practice has to be made known to all parties involved and I am simply stating that I do not support such unfair practices in which an auctioneer is penalized for having a life. There is a way to keep the calendar updated without having to dropped them off it just because someone says so. If the calendar is part of the community, and as such I have respected it, my opinions too are here to count. Market wars or differences should be off to a different topic if you want.
I am a lurker who doesn't post but I would like to make a comment about this one.

I have always liked the calendar and have used it several times. I also use resources on SL to alert me to auctions. The ONE thing I really like about the auction calendar is that it was not branded by one market. Yes the person that did it, works for a market sim but the calendar was put up on a neutral spreadsheet. No advertising and No reference to a specific sim.

I think an updated Calendar is needed by the community as we have gotten so very large. I do think people forget that while we are an avatar on Second Life, we are a real person behind that avatar. We have a real life, real feelings, real problems and generally a family who needs us in Real Life.

Bree, I think you do a good job with the info you have available. Unless you can find someone to attend every auction every day and night, I don't see it ever being 100% accurate. That is why you depend on the auctioneers to give you the info. I do think we need to keep an auction active for at least two weeks unless notified otherwise.

As for another calendar that is on a website that is built by a market sim, the suspicion of unbiased accuracy is going to always be a factor.

Now back to being a lurker.
This simply looks like you just want to split the community even more, and punish Bree for having a job in secondlife @ Too Adorable. And that is not fair, she has been doing this calendar for a long time even when she was at another sim.
Please remember she is a breeder too. She does this auction schedule on her own time, free for the community to use.
I have never had anything to do with the auction schedule Bree maintains, if an auctioneer needs to be added, just like everyone else Bree is contacted via notecard with that information.
I don't know why all of a sudden this has became an issue.
This will confuse all the new breeders and they will eventually see this division you have created between other breeders and sims.
Hello, my issue with this is that it was always said this was just a calendar of listings...Not Management. However, by nature of such "rules" it Is Management. Listing is Listing, Rules Are Management. And while I do see a need for some guidelines I also think this particular rule is too rigid and unless the Manager is going to attend All auctions listed, it cannot be equally managed. The only ones validated and upheld would be their friends' auctions they attend. No, this is either management or it's not.

In just this short time this topic has been open, a quick glance at the replies already shows me that there is a definite tendency towards divisiveness within our community. So please, let's not create a "Us vs Them" climate. I Know which My Auction times are and will work them as I have for almost 2 yrs. I dont need a calendar to tell me or my regular patrons where we are supposed to be...but If there is to be mananagement, then let it be also include that the same way you will drop mine if I dont do them for 2 wks for whatever reason, you will not list your friend's auctions added on top of mine...Manage or Not. I know where I am supposed to be.
(09-05-2015 11:31 AM)Kendrah Vantelli Wrote: [ -> ]This simply looks like you just want to split the community even more, and punish Bree for having a job in secondlife @ Too Adorable. And that is not fair, she has been doing this calendar for a long time even when she was at another sim.
Please remember she is a breeder too. She does this auction schedule on her own time, free for the community to use.
I have never had anything to do with the auction schedule Bree maintains, if an auctioneer needs to be added, just like everyone else Bree is contacted via notecard with that information.
This will confuse all the new breeders and they will eventually see this division you have created between other breeders and sims.

Kendrah, You know I have Never had an issue with you and I happen to have always liked BreeAnn..so this is not true in my case. But please do not speak here of dividing the community and punishing others when You Assured Me that you would not Allow your newest auctioneer to auction over my Established time slot of almost 2 yrs on Mon and Wed...and then you went back on your word. Your explanation to me was Punitive...You actually Told me you were doing it because of some issues between you and LickN. That is exactly what you are speaking out against here but Exactly what you did to me. You said that if your auctioneer did that she would be out of there because you wanted no drama and thanked me for coming to you and not assuming you knew. So you Punished Me for no reason After you did know.

Again I ask, Let's play fair.
STAHP!!!

Everyone needs to step back and remember something: Everyone who provides a service or tool that helps the KittyCatS community is a volunteer. Anyone who creates/maintains a calendar, maintains a trait chart, hosts and writes a blog, creates and makes available a free hud or tool, has a free tutorial/class, has a web site with pictures of cats you can build, creates a wiki document of info, prepares notecards and panels for an auction, donates prizes to contests/prize-givers, etc. is a volunteer. They volunteer out of their own free time and their own $L/$, even when they have families to take care of, RL work to deal with, bills and debts, sickness and personal struggles. Why? Because it's fun, because they love to be helpful, because they want everyone else in the community to have a good experience. Even in the face of very offensive and nasty notecards/emails, even when being insulted on the internet or in private to other people, these people still love to volunteer and contribute, because once in a while they will see evidence of their contributions being helpful, and sometimes people will actually tell them how helpful they are and how much they are appreciated: those make up for all of the other crap.

So. All of these volunteers need to be shown:
a) some respect for dealing with the unsolicited crap bestowed upon them
b) a bit of leeway when it comes to mistakes (perhaps the person is tired, overworked, distracted with personal issues, going through glue sniffing withdrawl, whatever)
c) some appreciation for giving up their free time, $L/$, and RL obligations (or maybe procrastinating RL obligations in the name of volunteering *looks innocent*)

That being said, we (volunteers, buyers, sellers, market owners, shop owners, auctioneers, mangers, helpers, breeders, lurkers) are all here and do our things for the same reasons: we want to enjoy our experience and maybe also help the community have a better experience. We want to have and provide tools to make things easier, make things more transparent, and make more information available. We all want the same things! Attacking each other only creates dissension and does nothing to solve the problem in question. There has been a lot of attacking and accusing and excuses but very little in terms of productive suggestions (Although I did think the few ideas that were posted were very good!)

Instead of going on and on about "unfair" and "biased" and "inhumane" (really?) why not work together to come up with a solution that is not going to cause confusion for the users and not going to cause bad feelings between community members? Bree does have the right to change the rules (until someone starts paying her a salary for the work she's been doing for free for years when she worked for KK and not TA, and then that person can dictate the rules), and LickN does have the right to set up his own calendar if he wishes.

This will hurt feelings no doubt, but stop acting like children. I'm sorry, and I still love you all and will still sit in your lap and stick my furry tail in your face when you're afk, and make you funny/cute gestures, but we're adults; not grade school kids fighting over toys, so stop acting like it. This is a community of adults all interested in the same thing, not an unruly kindergarten classroom.

Stop fighting about who's right and who's wrong: that's done, it's over. Now it's time to fix things. Instead of going at each other, why not discuss why the rules were changed (did anyone actually ask why?), constructively discuss both sides, and come up with a way to keep one consistent calendar that makes everyone happy, or even two calendars that both serve different purposes but without confusing people?

Users do need a calendar that is accurate and provides an easy way to find out when auctions are actually taking place and where, and an easy way to teleport to them without having to hunt an overloaded inventory for LMs (or maybe that latter part is just me, eh Tongue ) Auctioneers do have lives outside of KittyCatS and often need to cancel due to RL problems or take a vacation (a good auction really is a lot of hard work!) Auctioneers want people to know when their auctions are taking place and where so they can make sellers happy and make a bit of money for the work they put into the auction. Patrons/buyers/sellers also have lives outside of KittyCatS and often set aside time from or reschedule RL obligations to attend an auction, or need to auction a cat and have to find an auction that fits into their busy schedule. Patrons need to know when and where auctions are taking place and know that information is reliable so they don't reschedule time only to find an auction isn't happening when/where it should. Each side needs to respect the other's needs and requirements. You can so far all agree on this, yes? Good! That's a start. Now finish it and do it constructively and diplomatically like adults.

Hell, if Fabio and I can come to a mutual understanding about the charts, you guys can figure out a calendar together... Smile
You asked me not to hire Dei, and you also didn't want her near the time you done your auction.
I told you, while you was working for Lickn at the Scrach N Post that.. I asked Lickn for the same favor he refused. He refused to play nice and fair by saying may the best auctioneer win the time slot.
The issue of her working for me is my decision. Its funny how people can be friends one moment and enemies the next. I do give second chances even thirds and more. I forgive and move on and so should you with this auction time slot fight you have going on with Dei. You guys need to sort that out as she has had it way longer then you. It's not for me to fight out.

(09-05-2015 11:32 AM)PrettyPoizen Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, my issue with this is that it was always said this was just a calendar of listings...Not Management. However, by nature of such "rules" it Is Management. Listing is Listing, Rules Are Management. And while I do see a need for some guidelines I also think this particular rule is too rigid and unless the Manager is going to attend All auctions listed, it cannot be equally managed. The only ones validated and upheld would be their friends' auctions they attend. No, this is either management or it's not.

In just this short time this topic has been open, a quick glance at the replies already shows me that there is a definite tendency towards divisiveness within our community. So please, let's not create a "Us vs Them" climate. I Know which My Auction times are and will work them as I have for almost 2 yrs. I dont need a calendar to tell me or my regular patrons where we are supposed to be...but If there is to be mananagement, then let it be also include that the same way you will drop mine if I dont do them for 2 wks for whatever reason, you will not list your friend's auctions added on top of mine...Manage or Not. I know where I am supposed to be.
(09-05-2015 11:31 AM)Kendrah Vantelli Wrote: [ -> ]This simply looks like you just want to split the community even more, and punish Bree for having a job in secondlife @ Too Adorable. And that is not fair, she has been doing this calendar for a long time even when she was at another sim.

Kendrah, You know I have Never had an issue with you and I happen to have always liked BreeAnn..so this is not true in my case. But please do not speak here of dividing the community and punishing others when You Assured Me that you would not Allow your newest auctioneer to auction over my Established time slot of almost 2 yrs on Mon and Wed...and then you went back on your word. Your explanation to me was Punitive...You actually Told me you were doing it because of some issues between you and LickN. That is exactly what you are speaking out against here but Exactly what you did to me. You said that if your auctioneer did that she would be out of there because you wanted no drama and thanked me for coming to you and not assuming you knew. So you Punished Me for no reason After you did know.

Well, I just didn't realize I wasn't entitled to an opinion and defend that opinion. Particularly when it seems to be vetoed because of my relationship with LickN or the ScratchN Post. I think people should get to know LickN before branding him, for anything other than an honest person. With that said and done, this post is about what I stated in my opening post, not being in agreement with a drop out rule in the calendar. I do not have anything against the calendar. I do have a problem with dropping auctions because people have a life too. I am sure you all can understand this. However, if you want to carry on about other unrelated topics, then carry on.

I have said my peace and I do NOT agree with such rules when they affect other people in the community. And I will not agree regardless of who does the calendar or whatever other job they are related to.
Let's be clear: I did not say I dont want her "near" my auction time. It is public record if you search the forum Auctions that her time has been 1pm for well over a year and recently changed. Anyone can verify that. I have never and would never try to get anyone fired or any such thing. I merely pointed out that your auctioneer not only continues to schedule over my established auction as part of an silly old "war" she and her "team" persist in but also Vocally rants and curses about me going over my - which I do not even despite the tp bombing halfway through my auction. Those who go to those auctions know this is true because they have heard and read the rants. It was you who said you would not allow that nonsense to persist. Your decisions are your own and you are entitled to them. However, we should take ownership of our choices and not try to deflect or avoid our ownership of choices we feel are good ones. That's all I will say on this matter. You went back on your written word on a decision You told me you made and then told me straight out it was because of something that had Nothing to do with me - that I auction at ScratchN Post. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a straight shooter, I have friends on All sims and I don't play those divisive wargames that hurt Everyone.

(09-05-2015 12:50 PM)Kendrah Vantelli Wrote: [ -> ]You asked me not to hire Dei, and you also didn't want her near the time you done your auction.
I told you, while you was working for Lickn at the Scrach N Post that.. I asked Lickn for the same favor he refused. He refused to play nice and fair by saying may the best auctioneer win the time slot.
The issue of her working for me is my decision. Its funny how people can be friends one moment and enemies the next. I do give second chances even thirds and more. I forgive and move on and so should you with this auction time slot fight you have going on with Dei. You guys need to sort that out as she has had it way longer then you. It's not for me to fight out.

(09-05-2015 11:32 AM)PrettyPoizen Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, my issue with this is that it was always said this was just a calendar of listings...Not Management. However, by nature of such "rules" it Is Management. Listing is Listing, Rules Are Management. And while I do see a need for some guidelines I also think this particular rule is too rigid and unless the Manager is going to attend All auctions listed, it cannot be equally managed. The only ones validated and upheld would be their friends' auctions they attend. No, this is either management or it's not.

Back to the purpose of this topic: the needed flexibility in the schedule Rules. Its true that illness, vacation, internet/SL problems can affect auctions. If I am sick, as I recently was, I dont feel that after I have worked so hard to open/develop and work my auctions I should feel threatened to lose my auction time. We are human beings with a RL and Real issues that must take priority.

I will continue to do my auctions on my established schedule as I have done for a long time. The schedule is a wonderful tool for both auctioneers looking to begin and for buyers/sellers and I hope it continues. But what I see as a potential problem is that if this is not done sensitively, at a time when its becoming like the wild and wooly West in auctioning, many will go Off Script and just act with No consideration at all as I see trending.

So I think to avoid people just giving up on Trying to be cooperative, it would be best to be fair and reasonable. I do try, and because I do several auctions and realize slots are few I have even released more than 4 auction times in the past few weeks. Cooperation - Thats All We Need
(09-04-2015 08:58 PM)Beloved Ruby Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

A couple of days ago, I was informed by Bree that she has a new assistant, Sierra, and told me that a lot of changes were happening with the calendar, and mentioned a few to me and I was very excited to hear about them and also that she had extra help. Sierra got in touch with me about The ScratchN Post schedule and I filled out all the questions required for the renovated calendar.

A day after I sent that notecard back, it was brought to my attention that there is a new rule in the calendar which is that any auctioneer who doesn't do their auction for two weeks in a row, would be dropped from the calendar.

I immediately sent a note to Sierra, to ask if this is true. I had to wait a couple of days for a response, and in the meantime I sent a copy to Bree. Today I did get a response which was not really a response, not denying nor confirming this information, but the way the note read, it led me to believe that I did get a correct information and I replied about that.

I do not think that the grid wide calendar should impose this rule on any auctioneer because we are talking about people, not just simple Second Life dolls/avatars. People need vacations, people get sick, people go into the hospital, people have deaths in their families, people have a real life that cannot be controlled, and much less be penalized to lose a time slot they have been doing for a long time over an illness or a well deserved vacation.

If the people in charge of the grid wide calendar cannot see this very realistic point of view, I believe that there is a huge problem ahead of all of us. I understand a rule not to keep TBA's forever, when someone could be using that time, but really, there needs to be respect for the working auctioneers of Second Life.

I understand that there are a lot of auctioneers, and I also understand this rule would benefit them as far as snatching a long standing time slot, but it is not fair to the auctioneer that has been doing this for a long time and suddenly now, they cannot have a break or real life.

I sent Bree a note today, stating this. She was online and I did not get a reply, not even an acknowledgement of receipt. This is something I was not expecting, especially when I respond to all my IM's, regardless of who is IMing to let them know I got what they sent or their question.

A new calendar has come up now, grid wide as well, that will not be attached to any sim in particular, but for the benefit of the community. Should you want to be listed there, send a note to LickN Wonder. This calendar at least will be a fair one and not connected to ScratchN Post whatsoever, except for being hosted by the website until further notice.

http://scratchn-post.com/auctions/kittyc...-calendar/

That is the url, and if you have an emergency or go on vacation it will be listed as such. I think that way we uphold a respect for everyone's time and real life.

Thank you.
it is with sadness that I inform the kitty Cats community that I will no longer be updating the Grid Wide Auction Calendar. I would like to take a moment to get some stuff off my chest before I say thank you to those who stood by me the past 3 yrs.

This calendar was created almost 3 yrs ago with the intention to list current auctions that were happening around SL. The first year was pleasant and every one seemed to be kind and nice but in the past 2 years I have dealt with time and time again complaints form sim owners and auctioneers both stating claim on times and days for auctions, when I have been willing to add any and all auctions to the calendar. NO matter if other auctions were happening. This was my way of staying neutral. I would remind those who would contact me that I was not the sole decision maker of time slots. Recently it has been said that I and my new assistant are wrong with stating no holding of time slots. That I am now yielding the power to end auctions because they are not not happening over two weeks.. I want to remind everyone that I never have said that an auction being removed form the calendar was never allowed to return to the same time when the auctioneer finished up with their Vacation or dealing with Real LIfe issues. I will state again -The Calendar I created was meant for CURRENT TIMES..NOT to hold spots.

So there has been a new Calendar created in the heat of the debate. One that claims to be for the community. Neutral and not bias. Stating that they are pro- holding spots for Auctioneers that are NOT having Auctions. I get it and understand that Real Life gets in the way. I know that me and my assistant putting a time limit on how many missed auctions can take place and then the auction is removed from the calendar can upset people. BUT again MY CALENDAR that I put together was always meant to be a listing of current auctions. NOT a means to have auctioneers fighting over spots. With the design of the new calendar, and adding the SL-URLs I was hoping that the calendar would go back into the hands of the buyers. The original meaning of this calendar.

I wish Ruby had granted me the courtesy of speaking to my assistant before responding to her notecard, before she ran a head with the new calendar that she designed and says LickN will be managing. It was not even 24 hours before the new calendar was created and posted about on their sim blog and on Facebook streams and in the forums.

I wish I could say good luck and I wish you all the best, but I can't. I am very hurt by all the hate and complaints I have dealt with over the years. And the fact that this new forum post was even created to bash me and the work I have done on this calendar just is the last straw. And like how Wendi said..'lets all stop acting like children". I feel that over the years I have tried to act more mature and try and remind people again and again the true meaning of the calendar being to be current. Instead I have allowed myself to be manipulated by sim owners and auctioneers alike claiming certain times as exclusivity their own. I realize now that my vision for this calendar was never going to be excepted. I see that now.

Maybe I will be called out...as being wrong to do this...but I feel it necessary to post the notecards sent to me an my assistant. I am posting them to show you all reading just a sampling of what I have had to deal with other the past year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
09/01/2015

RE: About the Auction Calendar Slots

Hi Sierra,

I heard some rumors and I want to put them to sleep as unfounded, and if they are true, speak to you about them.

--- Is it true that if a person does not do the auction for two weeks in a row it would be dropped from the calendar?

Please let me know.
Thanks for your time

Ruby
The ScratchN Post Manager

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9/4 (Friday)

Hello Beloved Ruby,

Bree and I have spoken about the issue of auctioneers and sim owners using the Calendar as a means to hold spots and claim times. In the past she has put in Vacation for auctions. She has also made it very clear that any and all auctions will be added to the calendar, but over the past two years she has been attacked by sim owners and auctioneers upset that she has added other auctions to the same time slots. No matter how many times she has made it clear that the calendar is only a community listing of auctions happening, not a means to organize and manage auctioneers across SL. She has also stated she wanted this calendar to be active not a holding spot for times.

She mentioned last year that a group was started by ScratchN Post sim to try and create a means for all auctioneers to work together and negotiate set times. But that it did not pan out? I am new to KittyCats (a real life friend of Bree- she asked me to help her so I have come back to do that.)

We have spoken again about your question. She said she had received this same notecard you sent to me. At this last meeting she suggested we think of the calender as a newspaper. Newspapers post calendar of events coming up in the community. And this Calendar is just that. Events / Auctions that are currently coming up in the community. She has wanted me to add dates to the calendar and that is what I will do. I will be working on the calendar on weekends so I will be posting for the next week only.

I hope this answers your question. Again Bree has made it very clear she wants this list to be current and not a means to hold spots. Maybe that group that started up can get communications going between sims and auctioneers to discuss times and such.

TY-
Sierra Miggins

cc: BreeAnn (brunabug.nightfire)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND THE LAST NOTECARD WE RECEIVED FROM RUBY WITH A CLEAR THREAT AT THE END. My real life did not allow me to respond to this before Ruby took it upon herself to create her own calendar and post in the forums and spam it in her facebook feed.

9/4

Hello Sierra and Bree

I am sending copies to both. I have received the response however, it does not clearly state that Yes, auction spots will be dropped at two weeks absense or No, they wont be. I need to know one or the other or I will assume it is a yes, you will drop them. By this letter I take it is a yes.

You mention this calendar is just a newspaper, about events, then it is not a calendar and maybe someone else should start another. No one can decide when to drop an auction because behind the avatar there is a real life person who gets sick, who has emergencies, real life or otherwise, for crying out loud, they could even be in the hospital, family death etc. And it is completely unfair that because of a calendar they need to be ultra human and not be allowed that because they might lose their slot. And certainly, calendar managers are not ones who dictate someone elses life, as you dont expect anyone else to tell you what to do or not do.

Ex. Bree told me she wasnt going to add my classes because I asked for a TBA and she told me she would not do that because TBA's take spots others can use, and I Agree with that. And fine. THAT is reasonable, but dropping times is just not right.

I understand people can be desperate for slots too and that is an easy way to knock them down. But if this is a rule, I have to rule against it and so will many others because it is unjust, people look at the calendar with respect, and if that, at least will not be given that, after all we are human beings, not second life little dolls, then it would not work for anyone. If it is a magazine, then it is. If it is a newspaper then sure, the news change daily.

But a calendar is not those mentioned above. It only takes a simple "will return on" and follow up on then to make sure they are back if they haven't contacted you. Because we do get busy and forget. I understand, but do not agree, and will take it now to LickN so he is aware, and maybe even further.

Thank you,
Ruby
The ScratchN Post
General Manager
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it is all out on the table. I am sure that this forum post will soon be deleted. I hope some of you get to read it so you can see just a sampling of what I have been dealing with.

I am sad that I it has come to me deleting my calendar. I am sad to see it go. But I don't have the energy to deal with the hate.

~BreeAnn
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's