KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: UPDATED 09/17!! "AUCTION OF PEACE" Sept 21 International Peace Day!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OMG ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!

We have kittys coming in now for the AUCTION OF PEACE and they are FANTASTIC!
Limited Edition kittys, some even purmapetted, 9T's, Recessives, Collections, Rare kittys...wow!

The generosity of the Kitty!Cats Community always blows me away but its been making me teary! This is such a good cause and I know every little bit counts. Please keep sending your kittys...if you send them we will sell them!

ALL the proceeds will be going to the Charity.

We have ...soo far... about 25+ panels of EVERY KIND OF KITTY! We have 3 raffle boards, 2 automatic GIFT GIVERS to go off every 5 mins, 7 AMAZING AUCTIONEERS and as I said unbelievably FABULOUS kittys!

Please join us and be a part of the AUCTION of PEACE... we CAN help change the world we live in.

LOVE AND PEACE GROW AS WE GIVE IT AWAY!
HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Much love and Gratitude,
Dei
xo
Can't wait!
I can't wait!! unfortunately rl work screwed up my request so i have to do the night shift BUT i will be there for part of the auction love you all <3
Yay! I just went over to look. The raffles apparently closed early, and I won the Chilli (the Mega Foxie - Salt & Pepper) & Sandy (the Pinkie with Dreamy & Scotty Fold)!!
Congrats on winning TWO of the raffles! I look forward to this auction and I hope that RL business doesn't keep me away.
Event Starting Today at 12:30 SLT !!! Sept. 21st 2015

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66885231@N03/21588831242/in/dateposted-public
Not sure how I feel about the winners not being honored for those of us who won the raffles early. I did get my L$ back, but part of me feels like they should be honored or something more than that done. Not fulfilling your contractual obligations is NOT a good way to start things.

P.S. I thought about it, and while I understand it was a mistake, I'm not feeling like I could sit there for the auction right now. A friend who is there says the raffles are going off early again, but they are honoring them this time, and just gave away the pinkie I won, which was the one of the two that I actually really wanted. I also won the Mega S&P, which is still there for entries, and TaraMia won the Bengal. Here are screen shots where I was looking at who won what:

[attachment=3525] [attachment=3526] [attachment=3527]

P.P.S. Dei did send me a Pinkie Scotty Fold hider, which I returned to her. I didn't want a random pricey kitty. Just to be clear, this is about principle and honoring contracts, NOT about lindens.

I am okay with not getting everything that I won, but I did expect to have the situation acknowledged and to be treated with respect - in private as well as the public face that was put on here. If this were all about charity, it would be one thing, but to be blown off first (I DID send a notecard when it happened - about 7 hours before the auction), then insulted, threatened, etc. in IM because I called someone out on a breaking an interfered contract and blowing me off - NOT okay.

I prefer to donate directly to charity (and do so to several charities each year, as well as pitching in elsewhere when I can), than to support self-serving folks who are more about who they are than about the charity that they pretend to support.

I'm putting this here rather than below so as not to detract from the thanks given to those who did donate from the depth of their hearts.

[05:13] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2 shouts: Choosing winner... please wait...
[05:13] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2 shouts: The winner of the lucky draw is.... TaraMia Resident
[05:13] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2: Congratulations you entered the draw. You will be informed if you win, good luck.
[05:13] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2 shouts: The winner of the lucky draw is.... MsMagick Resident
[05:13] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2: CONGRADULATIONS!!! You were picked out of the draw!
[05:14] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2 shouts: Choosing winner... please wait...
[05:14] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2 shouts: The winner of the lucky draw is.... MsMagick Resident
[05:14] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2: CONGRADULATIONS!!! You were picked out of the draw!
omg. Fabulous auction going.

so many fantastic kittens. omg
(09-21-2015 01:14 PM)MsMagick Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how I feel about the winners not being honored for those of us who won the raffles early. I did get my L$ back, but part of me feels like they should be honored or something more than that done. Not fulfilling your contractual obligations is NOT a good way to start things.

P.S. I thought about it, and while I understand it was a mistake, I'm not feeling like I could sit there for the auction right now. A friend who is there says the raffles are going off early again, but they are honoring them this time, and just gave away the pinkie I won, which was the one of the two that I actually really wanted. I also won the Mega S&P, which is still there for entries, and TaraMia won the Bengal. Here are screen shots where I was looking at who won what:

[05:13] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2 shouts: The winner of the lucky draw is.... TaraMia Resident
[05:13] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2: Congratulations you entered the draw. You will be informed if you win, good luck.
[05:13] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2 shouts: The winner of the lucky draw is.... MsMagick Resident
[05:13] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2: CONGRADULATIONS!!! You were picked out of the draw!
[05:14] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2 shouts: Choosing winner... please wait...
[05:14] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2 shouts: The winner of the lucky draw is.... MsMagick Resident
[05:14] [SP] Raffle Board 2 WEB 1.2: CONGRADULATIONS!!! You were picked out of the draw!

I am sorry this happened. The raffle boards were not scheduled to start before the auction. I don't know why they were able to be triggered and I apologize that you feel you didn't win a cat you should have. I would have preferred you contacting me online so I could have addressed it. Posting during the auction didn't give me a chance to make it right. I will be online tomorrow please contact me there...I will also look for you.

The reason the raffles were honoured the second time is because the auction was already taking place. And there had been many many entries for the correct amount. The aim of the raffles was to raise money for the Charity and I feel that it was successful in doing that the second time.

I will look for you tomorrow/wed to discuss this with you...

Its too bad you missed the auction though it was pretty amazing and we were able to raise a lot of money for the Charity through the raffles and auction.

Sincerely Dei.
I want to say a deep heartfelt thank you to everyone who participated yesterday in the AUCTION OF PEACE!. It was a huge success with 113800 lindens being raised for the charity. People of the KC community went above and beyond to give and the love was palatable during the auction. I am truly proud of the KC community and want to say thank you again for doing so much for people who have so little.
I pray that we let peace continue to reign, that we let love shine from each of our hearts towards one another as we remember how fortunate we are.

This was and continues to be an amazing experience. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being generous and rising to the challenge of giving from our hearts...

The charity will still accept donations through the website until December and there will be an AOP panel at everyone of my auctions until then. We may even have another auction, albeit smaller version to continue to raise funds and meet the goal we have set. If you want to continue to be a part of this please let me know and I can help direct you in your giving.

I am proud of all of you and again so very thankful,

Love Dei
http://diy.rescue.org/auctionofpeacesl
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's