KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Kitty Groups - What do we have and do we need a new one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
There are existing groups out there, but it just doesn't grab everything. Honestly, it should be a new group and the group name should make sense. A name that will encompass everything from prices to general breeding talk and of course, some rules must apply as what most people have talked on this thread. The group name is important so it will not confuse people so it has to be striking and plus, its purposes and goals should match. In my opinion, I think it should be coming from Kittycats. If the Kittycats Addict group is just for support only, then it will be great that the new group should be coming from them. However, it doesn't matter to me who creates the group.
I'm in Affordable kitties and to be honest, I don't want to join more kitty groups. Since it's ok to do everything that everyone wants in that group, why not join and start chatting. Maybe spread the word?
I don't think they want to interfere in the secondary market and that's one reason their CSRs keep that line drawn in the Addicts group. And they don't want to deal with any potential drama.

As for names, I was thinking of something very plain like "CatChat" but that isn't striking, but makes the chat focus clear. I wouldn't use anything with the word KittyCatS in it, since that is trademarked to HQ and this group would not be affiliated or endorsed by KittyCats. I thought about "Secondary Kitty" - but I think that would imply sales and advertising to many people. I would not have notices turned on in this group at all. My brain has also come up with and rejected a number of frivolous and unworkable names.

@Senta: I think the Affordable Kitties group has a good mission. But I do think that since it promotes advertising and sales, it wouldn't have the same focus as this group.
(08-27-2015 10:53 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think they want to interfere in the secondary market and that's one reason their CSRs keep that line drawn in the Addicts group. And they don't want to deal with any potential drama.

As for names, I was thinking of something very plain like "CatChat" but that isn't striking, but makes the chat focus clear. I wouldn't use anything with the word KittyCatS in it, since that is trademarked to HQ and this group would not be affiliated or endorsed by KittyCats. I thought about "Secondary Kitty" - but I think that would imply sales and advertising to many people. I would not have notices turned on in this group at all. My brain has also come up with and rejected a number of frivolous and unworkable names.

@Senta: I think the Affordable Kitties group has a good mission. But I do think that since it promotes advertising and sales, it wouldn't have the same focus as this group.

You made some excellent points....ok I would join that group! Smile
I did mention to Aubrey earlier about the names lol. I'll throw this in, but anybody can chime in. How about Cattery Talk or Cat Chatter or Gabbing Cats?
I had mentioned to mom(crepe) a few names but they sound more hmm strict
like:
Cat breeders association
or even
Purring Paws United
or
Cat breeding coalition lol

oops i forgot to add
Cat Chattery
I like Cat Chat. A group for asking questions about kitties, making friends, And only notices about charity auctions? No offense, but I don't want a million notices about every single auction. There are enough groups and forum for those. And chat doesn't have to be just about kitties? A, hi how is everyone, is always nice. Smile
Right. No notices at all. Lots of casual conversation. This whole thread came out of the other thread on auction politeness; I'm going to re-post what I said there:

Ivy Wrote:I've been thinking about it: the pros and cons of of a non-partisan Kitty chat group - for chat - not sales, that would not be affiliated with any market. I would not want it to pull people away from the Addicts group, but I don't think it would; people have multiple windows/groups open all the time. I would want it to be a place where events could be announced, i.e., "auction in 10 minutes, people" - because I do think auctions should be promoted. But there would have to be a limit on how many times an event could be announced or the spam would be unendurable. Perhaps that would take the form of a ban on copy/pasting announcements into chat. I would like to see very light moderation on the sort of topics discussed: people shouldn't be afraid to mention linden amounts or pricing or discuss the pricing on traits seen at auction lately. I think that information is something that's often hidden from people who can't make it to auctions - not deliberately, but it just doesn't get seen so much. Maybe it does on groups that are set up to discuss pricing. But of course, no ad hominem attacks on people, markets, etc.

I used to moderate a group called Fashion Consolidated Cafe, and everything had to be chat. Absolutely nothing an ad. But you could say a lot conversationally and that worked pretty well.

So yes, absolutely casual "Hi. how are you?" great.
Spinning off of Crepe's suggestions: "Cattery Chat"? "Chattery Cattery"?
And the "Cat Chat"?

The advantage to using a variation of the word Cattery is that it is KittyCatS specific, and not about RL cats - though of course talk about RL cats would be fine, just not the focus.
Ivy, i offered you friendship in world, if you need any help with anything let crepe and i know. Smile
I have been drafted, lmao. Got to love my daughter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's