KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Kitty Groups - What do we have and do we need a new one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(08-26-2015 04:04 PM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I do thinka new group with more chat for actual kitty related stuff would be good. Not that we cant chat in addicts but one where we can actually help people and other's can chime in. Too many times have I been in semi trouble from csrs for trying to help in main chat. Sorry but i dont keep my mouth shut when someone is asking and getting 0 replies. Sometimes addicts chat isn't very welcoming. A new group where we can tak prices and events would be great. I feel liek addicts chat just doens't like the secondary market chat and wants to keep that separate, it's understandable but also isnt very welcoming when we're a community.

I agree with Dreampoetz, there have been a few times I have felt shut down by a CSR for trying to help some in KC Chat. I know thats why they are there but sometimes they are busy in IM's and people get frustrated at the lack of a reply, the community is great and can help a lot of the time and if we can't we direct them to a CSR. I know others who don't chat in group anymore when certain CSRs are in there for that very reason. And before I get jumped on I'm not bashing our CSRs they are the best on the grid and they put up with a lot of nonsense in group chat some days I know I sure as hell couldn't be totally nice and polite all the time like they are to some people in there. We all have the option to close chat they don't. And no disrespect to KittyCats or the CSRs but I don't find addicts chat as much fun as it used to be.
KittyCats Addicts is a store group. As such, it is meant for news and customer support from "the source", the KittyCats! store.
-And that is how it must be. As a business owner, I curate my groups the same way. Using the Addicts group for general chitchat should be okay as long as it doesn't hinder customer service.

What I miss is a group where there is room for discussions, for learning and understanding within a community.
A community where you can say "Hey, I have these three cats, and I want to accomplish this. Which strategy should I choose? does GirlA or GirlB match best with BoyC for that purpose?" etc.
Yes, I have tried to explain just some of the basics of breeding, very very basic, 2 traits, shown and hidden, and 4 possible outcomes for boxes, in the Addicts chat, and it felt very very clunky - like I was hogging the chat. I was not shut down for doing that by any CSR, and I had done it in response to a specific question by two new people, but I did very much feel like I was taking up too much space, in what is a group where the chat moves very fast. Now, if I can't explain something in one or two lines, I just don't try it there.

In the auction thread, Kayleigh mentioned the discrepancy between the "hooray" for every single kitten in Addicts chat and the unpleasant splash of reality when somebody tries to take a mediocre (or even better) cat to auction. It is certainly policy in Addicts group to celebrate every cat. And they ARE all cute. But that environment leaves no room for a more nuanced discussion of a cat's pros and cons, other than saying "nice eyes" or "nice combo."

Winter Wrote:The only thing they seem to frown upon is pricing type stuff,
they dont let you mention auctions either?

You can mention auctions exist, but any sort of specific talk about any specific store or auction is not allowed, as I understand it. Because it very quickly veers into something that Might be promotion, or it veers into pricing. Basically, I don't think we can talk about much in the secondary market at all. Anything like that and there's a reference to "here's the link to the secondary market list on the forum."
Let's create that group, Ivy! :-)
(08-27-2015 12:02 AM)Winter Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]
Never had somebody shut me down from helping in kittycats chat.

What exactly were you suggesting in there :O

The only thing they seem to frown upon is pricing type stuff,

If you mention auctions, they tend to consider it advertising. I don't know if you read the other thread, but I got my hand slapped for just joking about something from a recent charity auction when, what I assume was a one-time event - I guess it could become an annual one, was already over. I don't think the CSR knew details regarding event, but still.

(08-27-2015 05:19 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Dreampoetz, there have been a few times I have felt shut down by a CSR for trying to help some in KC Chat. I know thats why they are there but sometimes they are busy in IM's and people get frustrated at the lack of a reply, the community is great and can help a lot of the time and if we can't we direct them to a CSR. I know others who don't chat in group anymore when certain CSRs are in there for that very reason. And before I get jumped on I'm not bashing our CSRs they are the best on the grid and they put up with a lot of nonsense in group chat some days I know I sure as hell couldn't be totally nice and polite all the time like they are to some people in there. We all have the option to close chat they don't. And no disrespect to KittyCats or the CSRs but I don't find addicts chat as much fun as it used to be.

Ditto! I used to really love helping, especially when CSRs weren't responding, but am tired of getting my hands slapped for being helpful.
(08-27-2015 12:02 AM)Winter Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]
Never had somebody shut me down from helping in kittycats chat.

What exactly were you suggesting in there :O

The only thing they seem to frown upon is pricing type stuff,

Well it seems like I get shut down by one certain csr. I honestly think her real identity hates me for some reason. But that shouldnt matter when dealing with business. It wasn't pricing, I was generally just helping someone and I named some secondary markets and I got snapped at by the certain csr that always does. So if that one is on i try to limit my interaction in chat and I wil from now on just IM t he person.(I have heard i'm noot the only one she does this to) I think chatting in it to helpsomeone could also answer someone else's question that is why I do it. I also have mentioned some of the useful secondary market tools and they seem to not like that either. It's a community, one would think secondary market chatter would be ok. Also, a new group will deff help new members, when I was new i hardly received replies in chat. I only got help with breeding when i made some awesome friends and i still go to them instead of chat because the last tiime i asked in chat even though i've been breeding 2 years, I got a very rude reply by someone who didn't like me. But anyway a new chat will be more welcoming and friendly. Ivy make the group, I will post it on my sim in a group joiner and I will also get the word out to my renters and friends.

ps. sorryy for typos, hardly any coffee and a bit of a headache LOL, tried to fix as many as i could.
(08-26-2015 05:55 AM)Senta Garnburg Wrote: [ -> ]There is a group called "Affordable Kitties" founded by my friend Inferialis. In this group chatting about everything related to KittyCats is welcomed. Chatting about prices and events is welcomed too. However our focus is on selling, buying and trading affordable kitties for everyone.

Unfortunately in this group never is any chatting or conversation going on. Maybe because it is a rather small group. I would appreciate it talking about KittyCats themes without being restricted.

I'm in Affordable Kitties and still do mention trait counts there because it's descriptive. (I believe a cat doesn't have to have a high number of traits to be beautiful and intentionally breed Domino IV's & Coco IV's for this reason, but also breed some lines of 9Ts.)

I thought of the group, but also wasn't sure if the chat that we are talking about would fit. If it does, that would save some of us a group slot, but we'd be talking about how many traits a cats has all the time.

Here's a real and perfect example of why it may not fit Affordable Kitties:

I breed Genesis Coco IVs to sell in the L$99 range for people who are just looking for a cute and cuddly pet (like me when I started) and I don't try to trait them up. But I've discovered Double Plush whiskers hidden in that line... on low T Coco IVs. Now I don't feel right selling them for L$99, but I've had to slash prices on other special whiskers which were on very low T kitties, and I don't know if people are still paying any more for them if them are on a low T cat, etc.

Is that conversation that would be okay on Affordable Kitties? Ditto for talking about how much a particular new trait or uber special kitty went for at auction, etc.
(08-27-2015 06:28 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Well it seems like I get shut down by one certain csr. I honestly think her real identity hates me for some reason. But that shouldnt matter when dealing with business. It wasn't pricing, I was generally just helping someone and I named some secondary markets and I got snapped at by the certain csr that always does. So if that one is on i try to limit my interaction in chat and I wil from now on just IM t he person.(I have heard i'm noot the only one she does this to) I think chatting in it to helpsomeone could also answer someone else's question that is why I do it. I also have mentioned some of the useful secondary market tools and they seem to not like that either. It's a community, one would think secondary market chatter would be ok. Also, a new group will deff help new members, when I was new i hardly received replies in chat. I only got help with breeding when i made some awesome friends and i still go to them instead of chat because the last tiime i asked in chat even though i've been breeding 2 years, I got a very rude reply by someone who didn't like me. But anyway a new chat will be more welcoming and friendly. Ivy make the group, I will post it on my sim in a group joiner and I will also get the word out to my renters and friends.

*nods* If you mention a specific secondary market in the Addicts group, they consider it advertising. They are nice enough to maintain and refer people to the Secondary Market List, which I do very much appreciate, but it's pretty overwhelming to look at when you're new.

If we can use an existing group (that isn't affiliated with any particular SIM), it would help (I was the one who suggested Ivy check first), but if not, I think we should create one. I'll certainly help with it in any way that I can.

And, Ivy, sorry about not posting sooner.
It will be great to create a group that talks about prices, shops, and general breeding. I would suggest to impose rules such as nobody can send notices (spam) or other things. This way, it will help old and new breeders to discuss many things in the group. If someone decides to create one, please announce it here on the forum. I will definitely join the group. I hardly pay attention to kittycats addict group chat unless my daughter, Aubrey (Dreampoetz Resident) tells me to look at the chat.
(08-27-2015 09:12 AM)Crepe Myrtle Wrote: [ -> ]It will be great to create a group that talks about prices, shops, and general breeding. I would suggest to impose rules such as nobody can send notices (spam) or other things. This way, it will help old and new breeders to discuss many things in the group. If someone decides to create one, please announce it here on the forum. I will definitely join the group. I hardly pay attention to kittycats addict group chat unless my daughter, Aubrey (Dreampoetz Resident) tells me to look at the chat.

A lil off topic but LOL mom <3 and I will join too and help getthe word out!
(08-27-2015 06:37 AM)MsMagick Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in Affordable Kitties and still do mention trait counts there because it's descriptive. (I believe a cat doesn't have to have a high number of traits to be beautiful and intentionally breed Domino IV's & Coco IV's for this reason, but also breed some lines of 9Ts.)

I thought of the group, but also wasn't sure if the chat that we are talking about would fit. If it does, that would save some of us a group slot, but we'd be talking about how many traits a cats has all the time.

Here's a real and perfect example of why it may not fit Affordable Kitties:

I breed Genesis Coco IVs to sell in the L$99 range for people who are just looking for a cute and cuddly pet (like me when I started) and I don't try to trait them up. But I've discovered Double Plush whiskers hidden in that line... on low T Coco IVs. Now I don't feel right selling them for L$99, but I've had to slash prices on other special whiskers which were on very low T kitties, and I don't know if people are still paying any more for them if them are on a low T cat, etc.

Is that conversation that would be okay on Affordable Kitties? Ditto for talking about how much a particular new trait or uber special kitty went for at auction, etc

MsMagick, I am a co-founder of "Affordable Kitties" and actually it's okay to chat in this group about absolute everything related to KittyCats. We welcome all opinions and ideas and hoped that members would use the group for non-restricted talk about prices, breeding, searching for a cat, asking questions or even just tell how much they are in love with their fur sweeties. So all you mentioned above would be ok to talk about in "Affordable Kitties" chat.

We called the group "Affordable Kitties" because we wanted to give beginners, kitty hoarders, small breeders and sellers a portal that we felt was missing in the secondary market. We felt that people who sold and bought low priced kittes were not very welcomed by some breeders/sellers who had strong rules about for how much lindens you should sell a kitty with so and so much traits. That is why we say that we don't count traits and that everybody should be allowed to sell their kitties at whatever price they find fit.

Only when it comes to advertising in the chat or via notecards we ask our members not to advertise for high priced kitties. There are so many other groups where they can do that. Apart from that - everything is allowed. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's