KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Question to the community about Gridwide Auction SpreadSheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello KittyCats Breeders/ Community,

For those of you who might not know me or have heard of my name I wanted to introduce myself and ask the community a question.

I have been breeding KittyCats for about 3 ½ year now. About 3 yrs ago a fellow breeder and myself created the KittyCats Gride Wide Auction Calendar. We both were working at Kitty Kottage Sim. It was generated as a community service project to help buyers know where KittyCat Auctions where taking place all over Secondlife and at what times. At that time, the calendar was very unorganized. When I took over full time 2 ½ yrs ago I made the point to go around the Grid and actually talk to Sim owners and Auctioneers to find out if they had auctions taking place and if they did not mind me adding their information to a Grid Auction Calendar for the community. I was met with great acceptance and excitement from the Sim Owners and Auctioneers. At that same time I posted about it in the forums so that anyone could view it to know where and when certain auctions were taking place.

It quickly grew and because I was updating the Calendar weekly if not daily, it became known to be pretty accurate and something the community could depend upon. Unfortunately, soon I started receiving several complaints from auctioneers upset and demanding to know why I had added other auctioneers at the same start times as theirs. Several of them wanted me to contact the other auctioneer and tell them they could not have their auction at the same time. I explained that the calendar was and will always ONLY BE A FORM OF INFORMATION of when and where auctions were taking place in Secondlife. I was not regulating who or what sims could have auctions at certain times. I have had to repeat this statement over the past 2 yrs.

Recently, I have gotten an assistant to help me with the Calendar. We have been brain storming some plans to try and stream line it and make it more user friendly. But before we even bother spending time on this project, I wanted to ask the Community of KittyCats if they think the Grid Wide Auction Calendar is something they want to see continue. Is it something you feel is a help to the community or something that is not needed? Please leave a comment so I can see if this is something I want to invest my time with. Thank you for your time.

Link to Gridwide auction Calendar
When I came back to Second Life and KittyCats, the auction spreadsheet was a huge help! It used to be used by auctioneers as well to prevent auction overlap Smile Yep, showing my SL age there LOL

I love the idea, but it is however always up to the keepers, and how much time they have to devote to it.
Bruna, I think it's a HUGE help. It's not your fault or concern if times overlap and if they do it's up to the auctioneers to work that out. My auctioneers always refer to the spreadsheet BEFORE creating an auction day and time because it's courtesy to other auctioneers and respectful not to take their time. I think the spreadsheet is helpful to patrons too, it makes it easy to see what day and times auctions are. Please continue with it!
I agree with above, it's a very useful source of information, and I know many who appreciate it, not just for auctioneers but for those wanting to find out what auctions they might have time to attend. Keep up the good work!
I am no longer actively taking part in auctions but i feel the need to say that BreeAnn did such an amazing job and when i used to Auction it was always easy to update the schedule through her. It would be ashame if the calendar would be given up. It has helped so many people, new commers and sim owners organize a proper time to do auctions or see which auction they can attend. As for the issue about people complaining about adding those with similar start points, i feel that is the best part about this calendar, it was neutral and hopefully it will remain neutral. So to answer the question, yes, i think it would be great to see it continue as it has always been doing. Smile

Happy Breeding,
Miza
bumping up more...to get any more feed back.
bumped
Reference URL's